Foreign volunteers in the SS-Jagdverbande

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Georg_S
Forum Staff

Re: Foreign volunteers in the SS-Jagdverbande

Post by Georg_S » 01 Jan 2020, 16:10

That SS-Ostuf was Sven Rydén

/Georg
"Information not shared, is lost"

Personal Blog - http://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspot.com/
Support AHF - app.php/support
My Project - www.führerliste.com

Lasse

Post by Lasse » 02 Jan 2020, 02:27

Georg_S wrote:
01 Jan 2020, 16:10
That SS-Ostuf was Sven Rydén

/Georg
Correct, just thought I would leave his name out since he had nothing to do with the Jagdverband :-) I do however believe that there was another Swedish Ostuf however who served within Skorzenys headquarter, however, not directly related to the Jagdverband. He claimed so himself, and while he seems a bit like a nut, I have a hard time seeing how he could point out company commanders and staff officers within the Jagdverband already during the summer of 1945 while interrogated if he had not been there himself.

Lasse

Post by Lasse » 02 Jan 2020, 02:44

Oh and the Swedish volunteers intended to serve under Eklöfs command were;

Gösta Alban Clase
Karl Walther Fjellman
Stig Arne Ridderstedt
Sven-Erik Sjöström
Sven Adilis Svensson
Carl Erik Lantz

I do however not think that any real steps were taken towards actually putting Eklöfs plans into action. The group arrived at the end of January 1945, and about a month later their request for transferral was approved. Also nothing relating to the Jagdverband is mentioned in the Soldbuch Lantz.

steve248

Post by steve248 » 20 Jan 2020, 14:18

Skorzeny does not appear to have been asked about the Swedes in his interrogation reports; he was questioned with his adjutant Karl Radl who had a much more hands-on view of personnel and administration.
Radl states "Jagd Einsatz ‘Balticum’ [under SS-Stubaf Dr Manfred Pechau] was discontinued in February 1945, and a number of its agents went to Sweden. Radl heard that these agents established contact with the British Intelligence Service in Sweden which, he believes, was operating against the Russians in the Baltic States." He does not saying anything more about Sweden.

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”