Dutch SS in Indonesia?

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
User avatar
Dietrich79
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: 29 Nov 2004 00:04
Location: Savannah, Georgia

Dutch SS in Indonesia?

Post by Dietrich79 » 06 Jan 2005 21:38

I stumbled across this article and was wondering if there was any truth to the few sentences about Dutch SS being sent to indonesia to establish colonial order and for "rehabilitation" after the war?

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1373/is_6_49/ai_54913068/pg_3

ninoo
Member
Posts: 479
Joined: 10 Nov 2003 08:08
Location: manado

Post by ninoo » 07 Jan 2005 03:11

Hi,

I only heard that some ex-Dutch SS were send to Korea during Korean War 1951-3.

-Michael
Member
Posts: 1395
Joined: 14 Mar 2007 13:33
Location: Europe

Post by -Michael » 07 Jan 2005 10:07

Yes many Flemish former SS-men fought in Korea, you could stay in your 'rehabilitation' camp or go to fight whit the Belgian army in Korea.

Greetings Michael

-Michael
Member
Posts: 1395
Joined: 14 Mar 2007 13:33
Location: Europe

Re: Dutch SS in Indonesia?

Post by -Michael » 07 Jan 2005 10:11

Dietrich79 wrote:I stumbled across this article and was wondering if there was any truth to the few sentences about Dutch SS being sent to indonesia to establish colonial order and for "rehabilitation" after the war?

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1373/is_6_49/ai_54913068/pg_3


I think there was allready a Dutch colony in Indonesia. I think in other words there were labour camps for the former SS-men.

Greetings Michael

ninoo
Member
Posts: 479
Joined: 10 Nov 2003 08:08
Location: manado

Post by ninoo » 07 Jan 2005 10:34

Stormman wrote:

labour camps for the former SS-men

No Dutch labor camps exist in Indonesia during Indonesian Revolution. Only Indonesian labors that the Dutch use for work during the time.

User avatar
Seyffardt
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: 28 Oct 2003 10:17
Location: Netherlands

Post by Seyffardt » 10 Jan 2005 00:09

I remembered answering a simular question some time ago :idea:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=39275&highlight=

User avatar
AlifRafikKhan
Member
Posts: 6578
Joined: 15 Sep 2007 19:02
Location: Sukabumi, Indonesia

Re: Dutch SS in Indonesia?

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 03 May 2009 16:40

This is new to me. But I know that there's some Indonesian on Waffen-SS. You can check it out on my blog :

http://alifrafikkhan.blogspot.com/2009/ ... en-ss.html

User avatar
AlifRafikKhan
Member
Posts: 6578
Joined: 15 Sep 2007 19:02
Location: Sukabumi, Indonesia

Re: Dutch SS in Indonesia?

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 03 May 2009 16:41

Here it is, the example...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rob - wssob2
Member
Posts: 2387
Joined: 15 Apr 2002 20:29
Location: MA, USA

Re: Dutch SS in Indonesia?

Post by Rob - wssob2 » 03 May 2009 17:40

AlifRafikKhan, you've posted a an unsourced picture of a guy who looks like he's wearing a 34th SS Divsion/Landwachte Neiderland uniform.

You claim he is Indonesian because he "looks" Indonesian? Do you have any sources that document this soldier's, name, age, nationality, date of birth, etc.?
I know that there's some Indonesian on Waffen-SS. You can check it out on my blog
Exactly how did Indonesians manage to pass SS race entrance requirements?

I checked out your blog. Gotta love the Israeli Flag with the red circle and diagonal line through it. :x

LMA-17
Member
Posts: 234
Joined: 05 Sep 2005 10:51
Location: Jakarta

Re: Dutch SS in Indonesia?

Post by LMA-17 » 04 May 2009 04:52

There is same picture come from an old thread in this forum, with some explanation from Marc Rikmenspoel about probability Indonesian background of the volunteer. Later, an Indonesian magazine take the pic and story in one of theirs edition. Either from this site or that magazine, the info landed in AlifRafikKhan blog :D
About his pic, probably it came to him in some internet sites, probably from Alvin Lee site :D

User avatar
AlifRafikKhan
Member
Posts: 6578
Joined: 15 Sep 2007 19:02
Location: Sukabumi, Indonesia

Re: Dutch SS in Indonesia?

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 04 May 2009 06:02

Rob - wssob2 wrote:AlifRafikKhan, you've posted a an unsourced picture of a guy who looks like he's wearing a 34th SS Divsion/Landwachte Neiderland uniform.

You claim he is Indonesian because he "looks" Indonesian? Do you have any sources that document this soldier's, name, age, nationality, date of birth, etc.?
I know that there's some Indonesian on Waffen-SS. You can check it out on my blog
Exactly how did Indonesians manage to pass SS race entrance requirements?

I checked out your blog. Gotta love the Israeli Flag with the red circle and diagonal line through it. :x
Hallo Rob!

The source of my picture is already indicated on the picture itself (just like LMA-17 said, that I take take it from Alvin Lee site). And about the claim that I said about this soldier's nationality background, you can read on my blog (with my cute face in there! lol). Based on Mark Bando and Wilson Boback story about the fighting in Europe against Landstorm volunteer. On one of dead soldier, Boback found the picture who showed Indonesian (or half-blood Indonesian) in SS uniform.

About the possibility that an Indonesian passing SS race entrance requirement, I think it is possible when in the late of war, Hitler and Himmler take as many volunteers as possible to fills the hole on the manpower. So you must be know that there's Bosnian in the SS, Latvian, Cossack, Chechen, Tatar, and even Tibetan!

User avatar
AlifRafikKhan
Member
Posts: 6578
Joined: 15 Sep 2007 19:02
Location: Sukabumi, Indonesia

Re: Dutch SS in Indonesia?

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 04 May 2009 06:28

Rob - wssob2 wrote:I checked out your blog. Gotta love the Israeli Flag with the red circle and diagonal line through it. :x

About the Israeli flag...

Rob,
I'm a Muslim and apart from the Third Reich, Hitler, Holocaust, Camp Concentration, etc. I also love to read the latest news, international politic, especially if it's related with the sufferings of Palestinian at the hand of Israelis. Sorry, I dont' want to offence anyone, but as long as the Zionist keep their aggressive policy toward muslims, I will put that banner as along as possible... Not because I hate the Jews (my sister married with Jew-descent from Poland, and our relation is very close), but because I hate their racialist policy, so visible that anyone with pure heart could see it...

User avatar
AlifRafikKhan
Member
Posts: 6578
Joined: 15 Sep 2007 19:02
Location: Sukabumi, Indonesia

Re: Dutch SS in Indonesia?

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 04 May 2009 06:31

LMA-17 wrote:There is same picture come from an old thread in this forum, with some explanation from Marc Rikmenspoel about probability Indonesian background of the volunteer. Later, an Indonesian magazine take the pic and story in one of theirs edition. Either from this site or that magazine, the info landed in AlifRafikKhan blog :D
About his pic, probably it came to him in some internet sites, probably from Alvin Lee site :D
You got that right! :)

But about the magazine, I just know that from you. Could you please named the magazine where it contained the story? Is it ANGKASA?

User avatar
AlifRafikKhan
Member
Posts: 6578
Joined: 15 Sep 2007 19:02
Location: Sukabumi, Indonesia

Re: Dutch SS in Indonesia?

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 04 May 2009 06:34

Dietrich79 wrote:I stumbled across this article and was wondering if there was any truth to the few sentences about Dutch SS being sent to indonesia to establish colonial order and for "rehabilitation" after the war?

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/ ... 13068/pg_3
Your link could not open. Is there any related link?

Ypenburg
Member
Posts: 536
Joined: 28 Jul 2006 20:45

Re: Dutch SS in Indonesia?

Post by Ypenburg » 04 May 2009 08:21

AlifRafikKhan wrote:
Rob - wssob2 wrote:I checked out your blog. Gotta love the Israeli Flag with the red circle and diagonal line through it. :x

About the Israeli flag...

Rob,
I'm a Muslim and apart from the Third Reich, Hitler, Holocaust, Camp Concentration, etc. I also love to read the latest news, international politic, especially if it's related with the sufferings of Palestinian at the hand of Israelis. Sorry, I dont' want to offence anyone, but as long as the Zionist keep their aggressive policy toward muslims, I will put that banner as along as possible... Not because I hate the Jews (my sister married with Jew-descent from Poland, and our relation is very close), but because I hate their racialist policy, so visible that anyone with pure heart could see it...
It seems your people do a pretty good job themselves on Irian Jaya, maybe you should bann your own flag for a starter :roll:

Back to the SS. The Dutch gouvernment has always denied that former SS-members served in Indonesia and Korea. I've never seen any prove of it, only heart some rumours about it.

The SS shown could be (partly) Indonesian, however he could also be a mix from Surinam, since many people from f.e. Java went to Surinam to work there after slavery was abandonned.

Edit: I just checked with a friend and he mentions severall hundreds of former Dutch SS, or so the story goes, were send to Indonesia with the first waves of Dutch troops because they were already trained and most of the time had combat experience.

During the '50's severall hundreds went to Korea. After WWII they lost their Dutch passport, and being stateless fighting in Korea gave them back their right to Dutch citizenship.
Last edited by Ypenburg on 04 May 2009 09:16, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”