Javanese Volunteers in Waffen - SS

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
SilenT_Hunter

Javanese Volunteers in Waffen - SS

Post by SilenT_Hunter » 17 Mar 2006, 07:50

Do you have Information about Javanese Volunteers in Waffen - SS during World War II

Rand

Post by Rand » 17 Mar 2006, 10:20

Nope.

Marc Rikmenspoel

Post by Marc Rikmenspoel » 17 Mar 2006, 21:51

I have a photo of one in one of my books. The photo came from Mark Bando, the American researcher of American Airborne units. In the course of his research into the 101st Airborne Division, he met with Wilson Boback, who had fought in the Netherlands during Market-Garden in September 1944. Boback's unit came into contact with part of the Landstorm Nederland, and Boback killed a man from the LN and then searched his body. He took from it a photo of the man, who was obviously Indonesian (or part), which showed him in the uniform of the Legion Nederland (wolf's hook collar patch, Dutch made armshield and cufftitle), along with the flaming grenade helmet decal of the LN.

This shows there was at least one Indonesian in the Waffen-SS, and it is likely at least a few similar cases existed.

SilenT_Hunter

Post by SilenT_Hunter » 20 Mar 2006, 05:29

Marc Rikmenspoel wrote:I have a photo of one in one of my books. The photo came from Mark Bando, the American researcher of American Airborne units. In the course of his research into the 101st Airborne Division, he met with Wilson Boback, who had fought in the Netherlands during Market-Garden in September 1944. Boback's unit came into contact with part of the Landstorm Nederland, and Boback killed a man from the LN and then searched his body. He took from it a photo of the man, who was obviously Indonesian (or part), which showed him in the uniform of the Legion Nederland (wolf's hook collar patch, Dutch made armshield and cufftitle), along with the flaming grenade helmet decal of the LN.

This shows there was at least one Indonesian in the Waffen-SS, and it is likely at least a few similar cases existed.
Thank You, Please Show this Photo
Last edited by SilenT_Hunter on 20 Mar 2006, 06:42, edited 1 time in total.

Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

Post by Christoph Awender » 20 Mar 2006, 06:26

SilenT_Hunter wrote:
Marc Rikmenspoel wrote:I have a photo of one in one of my books. The photo came from Mark Bando, the American researcher of American Airborne units. In the course of his research into the 101st Airborne Division, he met with Wilson Boback, who had fought in the Netherlands during Market-Garden in September 1944. Boback's unit came into contact with part of the Landstorm Nederland, and Boback killed a man from the LN and then searched his body. He took from it a photo of the man, who was obviously Indonesian (or part), which showed him in the uniform of the Legion Nederland (wolf's hook collar patch, Dutch made armshield and cufftitle), along with the flaming grenade helmet decal of the LN.

Show this Photo
Please use also words like "Please" or "Thank you" when you expect information. "Show this photo" is not really motivating to spend time to answer your request.

\Christoph

SilenT_Hunter

Post by SilenT_Hunter » 20 Mar 2006, 06:55

Do you have information about Indonesian Volunteers including Bugis, Bali, Batak, Dayak, Papua in Waffen SS during WW II

Marc Rikmenspoel

Post by Marc Rikmenspoel » 20 Mar 2006, 08:40

Sorry, but as I explained above, the photo isn't really mine. I had permission to put it in my book, but I don't have permission to let it get spread all over the internet. If it was my own, I wouldn't care, I find pics of mine all over the place already. But I would need Mark Bando's permission before I posted it here, and I haven't spoken to him in a year or more.

HangPC2

Post by HangPC2 » 23 May 2006, 07:34

Rare picture of an Indonesian volunteer in the Dutch SS

For more info..., visit here :

http://www.geocities.com/alvinlee_81/WarPics1.html

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”