FDR's Tragic Refusal to Deal with the German Resistance and Abandon "Unconditional Surrender"

Discussions on WW2 in Western Europe & the Atlantic.
rcocean

Re: FDR's Tragic Refusal to Deal with the German Resistance and Abandon "Unconditional Surrender"

Post by rcocean » 04 Apr 2021 03:14

Just seeking clarity.

So Sid has a fair question - As of December, 1943, would you consider Heinrich Himmler as part of the "German Resistance" and a fit and reliable partner in peace negotiations?
Really. You and SID seem mighty close. Are you a team? And how close are you? Close enough to share the same underwear and sock drawer?

Just askin'. And Happy Easter. :D

Michael Kenny

Re: FDR's Tragic Refusal to Deal with the German Resistance and Abandon "Unconditional Surrender"

Post by Michael Kenny » 04 Apr 2021 06:30

rcocean wrote:
04 Apr 2021 03:14

Are you a team? And how close are you?
A bit of levity for a thread that is noisily circling the drain................................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGFGD5p ... l=Channel4

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 04 Apr 2021 07:03

Hi rcocean,

Thank you for your evident concern at our domestic arrangements.

Yes, the underwear and sock drawer has become a bit of an issue of late.

I swear that if daveshoup2MD uses my champagne-pink, Hello Kitty, boxer shorts again, the Civil Partnership is off!

Still, that is our private grief and way off thread.

Back on thread.

Are you proposing Himmler was part of the "German Resistance" and a fit and reliable partner in peace negotiations?

This apparent approach by him is only two months after his notorious "Posen Speech" where, addressing a high ranking SS audience, he explicitly mentions his and their role in their ongoing attempt to exterminate the Jews.

Cheers,

Sid.

daveshoup2MD

Post by daveshoup2MD » 04 Apr 2021 19:06

Sid Guttridge wrote:
04 Apr 2021 07:03
Hi rcocean,

Thank you for your evident concern at our domestic arrangements.

Yes, the underwear and sock drawer has become a bit of an issue of late.

I swear that if daveshoup2MD uses my champagne-pink, Hello Kitty, boxer shorts again, the Civil Partnership is off!

Still, that is our private grief and way off thread.

Back on thread.

Are you proposing Himmler was part of the "German Resistance" and a fit and reliable partner in peace negotiations?

This apparent approach by him is only two months after his notorious "Posen Speech" where, addressing a high ranking SS audience, he explicitly mentions his and their role in their ongoing attempt to exterminate the Jews.

Cheers,

Sid.
Don't tell Ms. Shoup. After 30+ years, she'd be surprised...

Luck of ducks out for Easter, I think.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 04 Apr 2021 19:43

Hi daveshoup2MD,

There's a "Ms. Shoup"?

So now you tell me!

I hope rcocean is happy now. Home wrecker!

Sid

daveshoup2MD

Post by daveshoup2MD » 08 Apr 2021 04:27

Sid Guttridge wrote:
04 Apr 2021 19:43
Hi daveshoup2MD,

There's a "Ms. Shoup"?

So now you tell me!

I hope rcocean is happy now. Home wrecker!

Sid
Indeed. She's half crazy, but that's why one wants to be there...

Return to “WW2 in Western Europe & the Atlantic”