The 58th Anniversary of the launch of the Ardennes Offensive

Discussions on WW2 in Western Europe & the Atlantic.
Brig

Post by Brig » 17 Dec 2002 02:32

every fasciest government has been different. to each his own. As far as I'm concerned, Communism is pure evil, but it's still practised in Chine, Cuba, North Korea, and Vietnam

coldam
In memoriam

Post by coldam » 17 Dec 2002 03:13

hi,

the kinds of discussions
across borders

we are having on this forum

would have
- in the third reich, during WW2 -
branded us as

- internationalists -

and thereby made us
subject to immediate removal to
a KZ (Konzentrationslager)

...peter

Brig

Post by Brig » 17 Dec 2002 03:16

I see no relevance with that comment

Benoit Douville
Financial supporter

Post by Benoit Douville » 17 Dec 2002 03:30

I would agree that the marching songs of the Third Reich are pretty good. I listen to it very often. The only thing i agree with you...

Anyway, even if the Germans had won the Ardennes offensive, the Red Army would have invaded Germany sooner or later...

witness

Post by witness » 17 Dec 2002 03:50

see no relevance with that comment

Well.Maybe this corresponds with your previous remark.
This one:
Civil Liberties? What are those?

Is it getting more clear ?

Brig

Post by Brig » 17 Dec 2002 03:52

mine was pithy sarcasm

witness

Post by witness » 17 Dec 2002 03:53

Mine was too. :)

FL Jim

Post by FL Jim » 17 Dec 2002 04:58

Brig wrote:that's your rendition. my rendition includes:

-Free enterprise, no money given to government except sales tax

Free enterprise in a fascist state? Low taxes in a fascist state?

Every fascist or military dominated state has never had real free enterprise. The demands of a militarist state require that the state has a priority on resources and civilian needs are subordinate to the state's needs. Free enterprise in an out and out fascist state was merely an illusion and not even given much lip service, either. Nazis wasted little time praising free markets and Mussolini's Corporate state was the medieval guild system in modern dress. German and Italian business leaders were hardly proponents of real laissez faire capitalism, they hoped the state would grant loads of privileges and favors and keep competitors, foreign and domestic out.

As for running the country on sales taxes alone, forget about those weekly military parades and cut back on all the flags flying from the windows!

Daniel L

Post by Daniel L » 17 Dec 2002 11:27

Military efficiency isn't measured in how good the troops are at marching.

Fascism is ultranationalist, ethnocentric and often xenophobic this makes fascism racist. I presume you are differentialist and oppose immigration. I'm curious about your views on religion since there is no general approach to this when it comes to fascism. You advocate violence which makes me think you aren't religious. In fact the low crime rate in nazi Germany was not due to fascism but due to dictatorship, i.e. you can compare it with the crime rate in Cuba or any other dictatorship. Expand the glorious fatherland? Would you allow other countries to do the same if they were 'efficient' enough? Wouldn't you agree that the empasis on militarism and violence, the assumption that there's something wrong about society, the brutal state, death penalty in order to save resources etc makes fascism a rather negative ideology.

regards

Brig

Post by Brig » 17 Dec 2002 14:14

no, I am Athiest

Maple 01

Post by Maple 01 » 17 Dec 2002 14:40

Caldric
I am not eat up with ideals of bravery and glory anymore. You will grow up someday and shake your head at such notions.

With you there mate, military service tends to tarnish those concepts, I'd be happy for a quiet and long life

Regards

-Nick

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 17 Dec 2002 18:19

Brig wrote:F*** you

There is no need for that kind of language so drop it!

/Marcus

Maple 01

Post by Maple 01 » 17 Dec 2002 19:06

You say grow up? F*** you, efficiency is the inspiration of so many self-enlisted men, no matter what country.

Er, have you had any military service? I don't think you have.

Things change as you get older, the ideas that seem so sharp and solutions that seem so clear such as offered by the right or the left are illusionary, compromised or lost along the way. I don't expect you to understand now but if you ran into a batch of your recent comments ten years down the line you'd feel foolish in the extreme

Regards

-Nick

Andy H
Forum Staff

Post by Andy H » 17 Dec 2002 21:54

Brig

You keep banging on about efficency and yet within wartime Germany the German Industrial conglomorate was one of the most in-efficent in terms of R+D, Procurement and Finance. They wasted so much time in fighting that they helped in Germanys downfall.

:D Andy from the Shire

JLEES

Germany Winning the Ardennes Offensive and then the BANG!

Post by JLEES » 17 Dec 2002 23:11

Brig,
“If only the Germans had won that offensive (The Ardennes Offensive).” Well then Germany instead of Japan would have been the recipients of Fat Man and Little Boy!!! This means BANG and BANG again! Therefore, maybe even for the fascists losing the Ardennes Offensive was a good thing for the Germans in hindsight? That is unless they're into a lot of hot light and radiation treatments. You must always look at the other alternatives and prolonging the conflict wasn’t one of them.
James

Return to “WW2 in Western Europe & the Atlantic”