Market-Garden White Washing History

Discussions on WW2 in Western Europe & the Atlantic.
waldzee
Banned

Re: Market-Garden White Washing History

Post by waldzee » 28 Apr 2012, 03:44

Michael Kenny wrote:
waldzee wrote: Sir Arthur Tedder & Sir Bertram Ramsay endorsed this plan of Action the armchair generals in this fora have been spitting up .....
What about that other 'armchair General' of the time who did not agree with 'generals' Ramsey and Tedder-a General called Eisenhower?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Under Board rules,it is your responsibility to provide your evidence- not mine.. :idea:

waldzee
Banned

Post by waldzee » 28 Apr 2012, 04:57

Tom from Cornwall wrote:Waldzee,

No historical sources on offer then? :roll:

No desire to share the results of your research in the Archives? :roll:

Too busy reading Stephen Ambrose and watching "Saving Private Ryan", I guess :lol:

Regards from your disappointed, but not surprised, trans-atlantic correspondent,

Tom
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'm waiting until you decide to follow your often quoted board rules :)
Sauce for the Goose, sauce for the Cornwall expectant...

If a poster raises a question about the events, other posters may answer the question with evidence. If a poster stops asking questions and begins to express a point of view, he then becomes an advocate for that viewpoint. When a person becomes an advocate, he has the burden of providing evidence for his point of view. If he has no evidence, or doesn't provide it when asked, it is reasonable for the reader to conclude that his opinion or viewpoint is uninformed and may fairly be discounted or rejected.
Undocumented claims undercut the research purposes of this section of the forum. Consequently, it is required that proof be posted along with a claim. The main reason is that proof, evidence, facts, etc. improve the quality of discussions and information. A second reason is that inflammatory, groundless posts and threads attack, and do not promote, the scholarly purpose of this section of the forum. For more on this subject, see the announcement at viewtopic.php?p=990676#990676

This requirement applies to each specific claim. In the past, some posters have attempted to evade the proof requirement by resort to the following tactics, none of which are acceptable here:

A general reference to a website, or a book without page references; citations or links to racist websites; generalized citations to book reviews; and citations to unsourced articles.

RichTO90

Post by RichTO90 » 28 Apr 2012, 05:11

Michael Kenny wrote:Your problem is the underlying hatred you have for Montgomery (the old transatlantic obsession)
Sigh...what "old transatlantic obsession" would that be? A random, and possibly ignorant poster, does not an "obsession" make. On the other hand, I have had to suffer the ignorant, bleating calumnies of one of the most offensivly jingoistic posters of the perfidious Albion flavor with astonishing regularity.
waldzee wrote:The only 'position 'I've advanced Is that Market Garden should have been delayed by the length of time required to Clear the approaches to the Western Scheldt.
Sigh - again...how is that supposed to work? Mined approaches, covered by batteries on Walcheren and South Beveland, are not going to be "cleared" any faster with or without MARKET or GARDEN. There is also the rather inconvenient fact that Antwerp, after the estuary, Walcheren, and Beveland were cleared, still took nearly two months to generate significant volumes of traffic.

Reading this repeated stupidity by all and sundry while refraining from replying over the last few weeks has been signally revealing. What an extraordinary amount of time I have wasted here over the last ten years - all I can see are the same, endlessly repeated rewrites of the same insipid silliness. It is with considerable frustration and little pleasure, but some relief that I can finally declare that I am done with the lot of you and will happily leave you all to wallow in your collective miseries and very selective ignorances. With any luck robdab, glenn239, and whatever alias generalg is masquerading under will troll into this topic soon, ensuring there is icing on this shitcake too. As a very cogent Englishman once said, "a plague on both your houses!"

Not auf wiedersehen, but rather goodbye. Although Jon was forced into it, I consider I'm in good company by electing to banish myself.
Richard Anderson
Cracking Hitler's Atlantic Wall: the 1st Assault Brigade Royal Engineers on D-Day
Stackpole Books, 2009.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 28 Apr 2012, 06:18

A number of posts containing personal remarks about participants in this discussion were removed. This thread has taken up enough of the moderators' time with poster misconduct, and since several warnings haven't worked, it's closed.

Return to “WW2 in Western Europe & the Atlantic”