For CALDRIC - French soldier on the ground..

Discussions on WW2 in Western Europe & the Atlantic.
Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

For CALDRIC - French soldier on the ground..

Post by Christoph Awender » 24 Feb 2003 12:29

Hello Caldric!

As I looked through my new PK fotos I got I recognized a scene you were interested in in another thread.
The foto is from a series of fotos about a attack on a french village in Mai 1940. At the moment I found 6 fotos about the attack. And here is the one of the soldier on the ground. Interesting is the hand of the soldier to the right who seems to say "stay on the ground!"
Definately a french soldier as following fotos show them surrendering and coming out of their positions. Hope its interesting.
\Christoph

John W
Financial supporter

Post by John W » 24 Feb 2003 15:18

Or maybe he is telling his Komrade behind him to take caution or "stay down" as you are saying... :D Nice photo by the way. Thank you for sharing...

Caldric

Re: For CALDRIC - French soldier on the ground..

Post by Caldric » 24 Feb 2003 17:35

Christoph Awender wrote:Hello Caldric!

As I looked through my new PK fotos I got I recognized a scene you were interested in in another thread.
The foto is from a series of fotos about a attack on a french village in Mai 1940. At the moment I found 6 fotos about the attack. And here is the one of the soldier on the ground. Interesting is the hand of the soldier to the right who seems to say "stay on the ground!"
Definately a french soldier as following fotos show them surrendering and coming out of their positions. Hope its interesting.
\Christoph

Is very interesting thank you. I do believe France would be the end of any civility for WWII.

Return to “WW2 in Western Europe & the Atlantic”