Base V1 161 poteau de Montauban

Discussions on WW2 in Western Europe & the Atlantic.
jocrobin

Re: Base V1 161 poteau de Montauban

Post by jocrobin » 06 Mar 2018, 10:41

Hello Kurt
  This is the base 161, but I will inquire to know the number of other bases.Par cons there was no base V2
Good day to you

Mori

Post by Mori » 06 Mar 2018, 13:13

jocrobin wrote: You who comment on this project and who see only one thing is to turn these places into a skate board, I can just tell you
  Beyond the tourist aspect, this project has the ambition to maintain the duty of memory and to pay a tribute to the inhabitants of our territory disappeared as a result of failed launches or Allied bombing. civilians have often been forgotten, and the main purpose of this circuit is to pass to teme by the cemeteries and war memorial.
This testimony must be marked for future generations so that this will NEVER happen again.
It took a while to hear your rationale, yet thanks for sharing it.

I'm still puzzled you don't see that the reabilitation of the launch pad, and specifically of the launch pad rather than, say, a house destroyed by an early fall of a V1, can be interpreted as dubious glorification of nazi way of warfare / technology / methods. All the more since you seem obviously interested in the specifics of the site architecture and the "way it worked to make and launch a missile", much more than in the consequences on civilians, be them locals or British.

You wouldn't image citizens of Londons sponsoring the reabilitation of a V1 launch site to remember their destroyed homes and lifes.

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 06 Mar 2018, 16:58

Hello

At Mori: With that meaning you also mean that all other museums with German regalia from WW2 schould be banned or not made?

We have a lot of Museums in France, Holland, Belgium etc. etc and also in Denmark, where I am the curator of one - do you have the same meaning about them?

Batterie Todt Museum could also fire its guns at England?

Is that also a " dubious glorification of nazi way of warfare / technology / methods"???

I see absolutely nothing dubious in having an interest in German military tecniques and material.

Best regards
Kurt
kstdk
http://www.bumus.dk

jocrobin

Post by jocrobin » 06 Mar 2018, 18:55

Good evening KURT
Some news of the progress of the work.
These sites are complete
169 le val d'aunoye ferme les ESSARTIS
170 Réalcamp Hauts Buissons
179 Campneusville La Houssaye
189 les Landes
181Saint Léger aux Bois les Sapins
and Retonval Ferme de la Ventillette
I guess the link you provided me is your museum

jocrobin

Post by jocrobin » 06 Mar 2018, 19:34

Here is the complete list:

Rampes « lourdes » :

Campneuseville – Beaulieu (quasi intacte) ; 671 (Stellung alter Bauart)

Campneuseville - Ferme « Prestaux » (1 bâtiment en domaine privé) ; 672 (Stellung alter Bauart)

Saint Léger aux Bois - Mesnil Allard (démantelée après-guerre par l’entreprise Thibault). 673

Rampes « légères » :

Dancourt – Val de L’eau (chantier) ; 163 - Weiter vereinfachte Stellung

Saint Riquier en Rivière/Blangy sur Bresle – Poteau Maître Jean; 168 Einsatz Stellung (octo)

Réalcamp – Les Essartis (chantier) ; 169 Weiter vereinfachte Stellung

Réalcamp – Les Hauts Buissons (opérationnelle) ; 170 a tiré Total zerstörte Stellung (octo)

Réalcamp – Le Grand Marché (chantier) ; 180

Campneuseville – La Houssaye (opérationnelle) ; 179 a tiré

Saint Léger aux Bois – Les Sapins (chantier) ; 181 a tiré

Aubéguimont/Saint Martin au Bosc – Coquereaux (opérationnelle) film d’époque ; 184 a tiré (octo)

Richemont – Le Transformateur (chantier) ; 182 Weiter vereinfachte Stellung

Richemont – Les Cateliers (opérationnelle) ; 183 a tiré (octo)

Aubermesnil aux Erables/Rétonval – Le Mont Gournoy (opérationnelle) film d’époque ; 187 a tiré (octo) – A tiré la première nuit du 12/13 juin 1944

Rétonval - Le Bout du Haut (chantier) ; 188

Rétonval - La Ventillette (chantier) ; Weiter vereinfachte Stellung

Les Landes Vieilles et Neuves – Piste Départementale 60 lien avec le tortillard ; 189 a tiré

Aumale – Bois de la Vierge (chantier) ; non codifiée - Weiter vereinfachte Stellung

Guerville/Grandcourt – Poteau de Montauban (opérationnelle): intérêt historique car le 1er V1 de Seine Maritime y fut lancé le 13 juin 1944 à 3h00 du matin vers Londres.161 a tiré (faux octo

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 06 Mar 2018, 23:31

Hello

Thanks for the list, most interesting. I will for sure visit when I am near on my future trips in France :-)

PS: Yes it is the adress for our museum :-)

Regards
Kurt
kstdk

jocrobin

Post by jocrobin » 07 Mar 2018, 09:44

Hello Kurt
try with this link we see blockauss before cleaning

https://www.google.fr/maps/@49.9451342, ... a=!3m1!1e3
I also enclose a map of the place
purple arrow non-magnetic base
orange ramp
green blockauss
red water reserve
yellow imag 261
blue imag 268
Attachments
cloud-drive-ui 07032018 083417.jpg
cloud-drive-ui 07032018 083417.jpg (141.58 KiB) Viewed 15040 times

Mori

Post by Mori » 08 Mar 2018, 10:03

kstdk wrote:Hello

At Mori: With that meaning you also mean that all other museums with German regalia from WW2 schould be banned or not made?

We have a lot of Museums in France, Holland, Belgium etc. etc and also in Denmark, where I am the curator of one - do you have the same meaning about them?

Batterie Todt Museum could also fire its guns at England?

Is that also a " dubious glorification of nazi way of warfare / technology / methods"???

I see absolutely nothing dubious in having an interest in German military tecniques and material.
Hello Kurt: I do think one should reflect on the rationale of reabiliting a V1 installation before doing so. But I must underline I react more strongly to the cultural environment I'm familiar with - here, French - than to habits of countries I'm have no link to. So I don't have much opinion on the museums you mention.

Back to the case at hand, the project seems focused on one single thing: the V1 launch pad, how it was organized, how it functioned, how the V1 were delivered / concealed, how many and when they were launched etc. The centerpiece of the project seems to be this V1 thing. It is definitively focused on German / nazi technological feats rather than anything else.
(Let me illustrate that: there is a V1 on display at the IWM in London; but it's one aircraft in the mist of many Allied fighters/interceptors. Visitors see the V1 is documentary evidence and a reminder of what the Allies beat, not a desire to glorify the Germans)

One could have thought of a project about the liberation of the village or the destruction of the launch pad. How the launch pad was made rubble, how its servants fled / were taken PoWs / were killed. But no, it's about reabiliting the launch pad. Its neutralizaton / destruction is not the main topic. You should start to feel why I called it "dubious".

Imagine a memory project on Normandy D-Day the focus of which would be reabilitation of German bunkers on the beach. Kinds of miss the point, doesn't it?

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 08 Mar 2018, 11:44

Hello

I still think that you are too eearly in your condemnation of this project. I am sure and confident in that the groups behind this project is not haveing an agenda "to glorify the Germans, the V1 etc. etc" but merely want to bring the V1 operations and sites to mind before it is forgotten, and I am sure that they also will inform of the destruction and their role in bringing the war into a "total war" also on the civilians in the UK.

That woul also be the deeper meaning of the project to ensure that we never forget - right :-)

I do not see any difference in showing a V1 site than to display the long range guns in Normandy or at Batterie Todt in Calais or any military museum for that matter.

Otherwise we can agree not to agree on the matter.

I will not persue it any further here and spoil the meaning of this topic.

Best regards
kurt
kstdk

jocrobin

Post by jocrobin » 08 Mar 2018, 12:28

Hello
As I see that this subject seems to irritate SOME PEOPLE, henceforth I will not post anything, in messes or photos.

Kurt I will continue to correspond with you in MP

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 08 Mar 2018, 17:18

Hello

Please do continue, the above discussion will not continue here in this tread - we will respect the meaning of this topic :-)

Regards
Kurt
kstdk

jocrobin

Post by jocrobin » 28 Mar 2018, 08:46

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 28 Mar 2018, 12:22

Hello

Interesting article :-)

Regards
Kurt
kstdk

DavidFrankenberg

Post by DavidFrankenberg » 28 Mar 2018, 21:46

Interesting historical project, but did this base ever launch a V1 which have landed in England ?

Looks like 75% of the V1 never reached their target.

jocrobin

Post by jocrobin » 11 Jan 2019, 17:52

As requested by Kurt I will try to continue to give info on the site.
To make you wait visit this link:D

http://www.v1histoireetpatrimoine.fr/pa ... raire.html

Return to “WW2 in Western Europe & the Atlantic”