- Posts: 3
- Joined: 30 Sep 2022 11:17
- Location: UK
im looking for info and possibly movements of 979 grenadiers, 271 Infanterie-Division or 217 engineer battalion around the Maizet area early August 44.
any help from you incredibly knowledgeable people would be greatly appreciated.
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 24 Oct 2007 11:20
- Location: Netherlands
- Posts: 3601
- Joined: 28 Apr 2013 17:14
- Location: London
Fold 3 has the post war interrogation/ interviews held as Foreign Military Studies including:
B-256 271st Infantry Division (Mar-13 1944). By Generalleutnant Paul Danhauser; 20 pp; 1946. Normandy
B-528 271st Infantry Division (Mar-13 Aug 1944). By Generalleutnant Paul Danhauser; 7 pp, 4 illus; 1947. Supplement to MS #B-256.
B-529 271st Infantry Division (12 -28 Aug 1944). By Generalleutnant Paul Danhauser; 22 pp, 6 illus; 1947. Normandy.
The source bias of these are:-
1. These are interviews with senior officrs one or two years after the events discussed with no access to maps or documents. The details may be inaccurate.
2. Interview subjects may adjust their story to say what the interogator wants to hear.
3. They will avoid incriminating themselves. Only too happy to blame the Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine...
However, these are primary sources for much of what we know about the German side.