Herbstnebel or Wacht am Rhein?

Discussions on WW2 in Western Europe & the Atlantic.
Lt.-Colonel

Post by Lt.-Colonel » 24 Feb 2005 23:55

Nice talking to you sir.

Ostfront E., I hope your question is answered fully.

Salute

Ostfront Enthusiast

Post by Ostfront Enthusiast » 25 Feb 2005 22:48

Hello Gentlemen,

Ostfront E., I hope your question is answered fully.

Thank you Lt.-Colonel, my question has been more than adequately answered by both you and Dessek Warrior. I appreciate very much the effort you two have taken in clearing up this issue.

Best Regards

Dessek Warrior

Post by Dessek Warrior » 25 Feb 2005 23:16

You're welcome, Ostfront-Enthusiast, Lt. Colonel. If you have any other questions regarding the Ardennes offensive I am always happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

Lt.-Colonel

Post by Lt.-Colonel » 25 Feb 2005 23:28

Thanks sir, all cleared now.

karel47

Re: Herbstnebel or Wacht am Rhein?

Post by karel47 » 02 Mar 2012 19:22

we are modelling the 204 king tiger on scale 1/16 rc with full option, can some provide the color tree tone scheme for the ardennes

am busy to construct the la gleize one, dollingers koti

Togokahn

Re: Herbstnebel or Wacht am Rhein?

Post by Togokahn » 27 Dec 2018 09:46

Lt.Colonel is correct. According to Wikipedia...

Unternehmen Herbstnebel ("Operation Autumn Mist") was an offensive planned by German Field Marshal Walter Model and his Army Group B operational staff in late 1944 during World War II. It envisaged a German Army attack targeting the Allied forces in eastern Belgium and Luxembourg, east of the Meuse River.

Herbstnebel was created as an alternative to Wacht am Rhein, Adolf Hitler's plan to seize Antwerp and bottle up all Allied forces in Belgium and the Netherlands. Model, along with all the other senior commanders involved, believed this was unachievable given Germany's limited resources at the time. Thus he devised a less ambitious scenario that would not cross the Meuse, but still deliver a sharp defeat to the Allies. Like Wacht am Rhein, Model's attack would be launched in the Ardennes sector, but would then turn north instead of continuing west and northwest.[1]

Field Marshal Gerd von Rundstedt commanding OB West, had come up with a similar plan, Fall Martin ("Case Martin"). Von Rundstedt's plan called for a two-pronged attack instead of a single thrust, but in both plans the area of operations remained east of the Meuse. Model and von Rundstedt combined their plans to present a joint solution to Hitler, called by Model the "small solution". Hitler rejected it in favour of his "big solution", which formed the basis for the Battle of the Bulge.

Return to “WW2 in Western Europe & the Atlantic”