Situation map and casualties in battle of Tomazow Lubelski 1939

Discussions on WW2 in Eastern Europe.
Kelvin
Member
Posts: 1982
Joined: 06 Apr 2007 14:49

Situation map and casualties in battle of Tomazow Lubelski 1939

Postby Kelvin » 21 Apr 2017 06:55

Hi, I am looking for the situation map and Polish casualties in 1st and 2nd Battle of Tomazow Lubelski, anyone can help on that ? Thank

Eugen Pinak
Member
Posts: 699
Joined: 16 Jun 2004 16:09
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine

Re: Situation map and casualties in battle of Tomazow Lubelski 1939

Postby Eugen Pinak » 21 Apr 2017 12:25

Kelvin wrote:Hi, I am looking for the situation map and Polish casualties in 1st and 2nd Battle of Tomazow Lubelski, anyone can help on that ? Thank


Both maps and data on casualties are available on Polish wikipedia page on those battles.

Kelvin
Member
Posts: 1982
Joined: 06 Apr 2007 14:49

Re: Situation map and casualties in battle of Tomazow Lubelski 1939

Postby Kelvin » 22 Apr 2017 06:45

Hi, Eugen, I have received some information about this battle in English wiki, I suppose Polish wiki is more or less similar with English version including the map. I am looking for some different from other website.

In US army report on Polish campaign, they seem to call the first battle of Tomascow Lubelswki as battle of Bjigoraj, in which they mentions 60,000 Polish laid down their arms. Firstly did this battle are called battle of Bjigoraj ? And exactly any Polish casualties, I think 60,000 too much for that ? Remant of five Polish divisions plus 13 and 19 brigades.

Eugen Pinak
Member
Posts: 699
Joined: 16 Jun 2004 16:09
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine

Re: Situation map and casualties in battle of Tomazow Lubelski 1939

Postby Eugen Pinak » 23 Apr 2017 14:23

Kelvin wrote:Hi, Eugen, I have received some information about this battle in English wiki, I suppose Polish wiki is more or less similar with English version including the map.


No it is not similar.

Kelvin wrote:In US army report on Polish campaign, they seem to call the first battle of Tomascow Lubelswki as battle of Bjigoraj, in which they mentions 60,000 Polish laid down their arms. Firstly did this battle are called battle of Bjigoraj ? And exactly any Polish casualties, I think 60,000 too much for that ? Remant of five Polish divisions plus 13 and 19 brigades.


Data is casualties on both sided is present on Polish wikipedia page on those battles. All you need is to look there.

Kelvin
Member
Posts: 1982
Joined: 06 Apr 2007 14:49

Re: Situation map and casualties in battle of Tomazow Lubelski 1939

Postby Kelvin » 23 Apr 2017 18:26

Hi, Eugen, I don't know the Polish language but at least can see some meaning , figure or map, may you send me a related link, thank.

Eugen Pinak
Member
Posts: 699
Joined: 16 Jun 2004 16:09
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine

Re: Situation map and casualties in battle of Tomazow Lubelski 1939

Postby Eugen Pinak » 24 Apr 2017 12:49

Kelvin wrote:Hi, Eugen, I don't know the Polish language but at least can see some meaning , figure or map, may you send me a related link, thank.


https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitwa_pod ... _Lubelskim


Return to “WW2 in Eastern Europe”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], santiago167