Partisan lists from TSDAVO

Discussions on WW2 in Eastern Europe.
Biber

Partisan lists from TSDAVO

Post by Biber » 27 Sep 2022, 19:48

The Book of Memory of Ukraine website (https://memory-book.ua/) has been an interesting and useful resource for me. Revisiting it recently, I was very excited to see that they posted images of various partisan group rosters from the Central Archive of the Supreme Authorities and Administration (TSDAVO) of Ukraine and the Central Archive of Public Associations (TSDAGO) of Ukraine. As is seemingly typical of just about everything I research, the specific documents I want are not posted (yet?). I'm looking for the file on the Stalin partisan detachment of Vasily Ushakov. I have contacted the Book of Memory website people but have not heard back. I understand they are likely occupied with other concerns given the situation over there, but I'm hopeful. I have not yet contacted the archives directly, an assume there will be a similarly delayed or lack of response for the same reason.

By chance does anyone here have these records in their collections?

Lists of partisan detachments and formations compiled by the Commission for the Affairs of Former Partisans and Underground Workers under the Verkhovna Rada of the Ukrainian SSR (Ukraine): PARTISAN UNIT - STALIN VASILY USHAKOV / TsGAVO of Ukraine f. 1 op. 26 d. 561

Списки партизанских отрядов и соединений, составленные Комиссией по делам бывших партизан и подпольщиков при Верховной Раде УССР (Украины) : ПАРТИЗАНСКОЕ СОЕДИНЕНИЕ ИМ. СТАЛИНА ВАСИЛИЯ УШАКОВА / ЦГАВО Украины ф. 1 оп. 26 д. 561

Biber

Re: Partisan lists from TSDAVO

Post by Biber » 05 Oct 2022, 18:43

Update -

I ended up contacting the Central Archive (TSDAVO) directly and, much to my surprise, they responded rather quickly, replying with a zipped file of what I was interested in.

This is an incredibly good sign for those with research interests pertaining to their collections. In spite of all that is going on over there they seem to be functioning normally. Hopefully they will continue to be able to. Certainly best wishes to them and that they (and theirs) stay safe.

Return to “WW2 in Eastern Europe”