Battle of Sovkhoz «Red Star» (Sovkhoz 79)

Discussions on WW2 in Eastern Europe.
Yuri

Re: Battle of Sovkhoz «Red Star» (Sovkhoz 79)

Post by Yuri » 05 May 2019 16:17

Gliederung of Art.Reg./15.Lw.FD on 28 November 1942
028_028-FlakKorp1_FlakGeschutz_28-11-42 _305(blu).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yuri

Post by Yuri » 13 May 2019 16:42

24 November 1942 8th motorcycle regiment raided Oblivskaya. The results of the regiment commander Lieutenant Colonel Belik has announced.

TsAMO F. 331 Op.5041 D.13 P. 311,312,313,314
To whom: the Romanenko
Departure time: 14.20
Whence: Generalovskij [on the germans map Generalow- Yuri]

1) The opponent (Germans) hasty passes to defense on the river Chir. The enemy situation is put on a map. Units of the opponent hasty throw from a direction of Rostov and from the Rostov city (from indications of the Germans POWs).
2) The opponent tries to filter the separate motorized groups forward, I disperse and destroy.
3) Movement is by rail interrupted. Has torn a the cable and telephone line in region Nizhne-Osinovskij (1,5 kms. south from Dubovyj).
I'm has broken the equipment of management on the station Sekretev.
Has shot a train at station Sekretev. [on this train went 36-th Estonian police battalion - Yuri]
The opponent tightens hasty reserves, hastily digs entrenchments, as shown in a map. Has blown up bridges through the river Chir in regions: Gusynka, Parshin, Deev [on the German map Geew - Yuri]. Groups I operate according to put on a map. Has destroyed day of 4 guns AT (52 mm) prior to 250 Germans, 18 transport machines.
250 Romanian and 50 Germans has taken POWs. Privates Germans and four officers has shot. One officer was directed with in Army headquarters.
The Romanian of all has sent in rear. With the trophy weapon the guerrilla has armed, I create from former ours POWs. The aircraft of the opponent operates especially impudently, on low-level flight bombs and fires from machine guns.
8-th Cavalry Corps has very big losses in horse structure and people.
I now have all of motorcycles - 56, guns - ? [in it a place the text is very badly read - Yuri], tanks - are not present, armour vehicles - 5 pieces.
1) I ask to give me 8-10 tanks T-34, to cover me and Cav. Corps from air, with the ground gady [gady - vile, disgusting creatures that must be destroyed - Yuri] we by yuorself shall be crack down strong.
2) As soon as possible to throw a mechanized infantry and tanks, to not give of the opponent to be dug round. I do not have fuel, many machines stand.
Where it is necessary to operate our aircraft (to cover) I has outlined the red big circles.
3) I ask to return to me mine an armoured troop-carrier a company.
Belik.
The Protocol of interrogation of the POW officer didn't find today, but there is a short summary from his indications.

(TsAMO, D.24, p. 139)
POW grasped 24.11 in the region Oblivskaja, belonging 7-th group of air defence 4-n batteries, has shown: the battery in structure of 12 20-mm guns has arrived from the city Rostov in Oblivskaja. Oblivskaja defend up to a regiment of infantry /Germans/, numbering does not know.
Thus in addition to Flak battery and Flak Abteilung was still anti-aircraft group (luftabwehrgruppen).

At the same time, there are no luftabwehrgruppen in the anti-aircraft divisions of the 1st anti-aircraft corps.
In the division's meldungs not information about such groups.
However, Meldung 9th anti-aircraft division reported that in the Stalingradkessel six anti-aircraft groups (numbers not specified).
In Meldung of 9.Flakdiv. from 24.12 it is reported that the group Sell included four anti-aircraft group (numbers not shown).
In my "The Big book of Flak" there is no information about anti-aircraft groups.
In Gliederung of 99th antiaircraft regiment show some anti-aircraft groups.
The 99th anti-aircraft regiment was directly subordinate to the 8th air corps on April 5, 1942.
Before that, the regiment was part of the 3rd anti-aircraft corps in the Vyazma area.
The task of this regiment is air defense of objects on the railway and field airfields. The regiment interacted with the Romanian anti-aircraft artillery (rum.IV.Brigade).
As I understand it, the anti-aircraft groups appear to be designed to protect the airfield and are tied to Luftwaffe flight units.
I gathered information about these groups in the Meldungs, Messages and Maps to find out how many and which luftabwehrgruppen were operating in the Stalingrad area, including the Lower Chira area.
This revealed some interesting details about the ground units of the 4th air fleet, which were created both before and after the beginning of "The Great Russian offensive" (as named in the germans and romanians dokuments the operation Uranus).

Yuri

Post by Yuri » 13 May 2019 17:03

AGB_Flak_.jpg
Romanian anti-aircraft artillery on the Don
IV_FlakBr_Rum_Gliderung_600.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yuri

Post by Yuri » 13 May 2019 17:12

Lage on 18 November 1942
42-11-18_Stalingrad_rum3A_4A_Pz4_6A_1200.jpg
Gliderung Flak.Reg.99 (with my changes)
Flak_Reg_99_42-11-14_Gr7_.jpg

Yuri

Post by Yuri » 13 May 2019 17:18

42-11-24_8MTsReg_Raid_Obliwskaja_.jpg

Yuri

Post by Yuri » 13 May 2019 17:26

9Flak_42-12-15_Karte_cut(b_).jpg

Yuri

Post by Yuri » 13 May 2019 17:50

The decision of the commander of the 1st anti-aircraft corps gen. Dessloch on the use of heavy companies of the 15.Lw.F.D. in the area of the 4th Tank Army
42-11-20_schwKomp_15LwFD_600.jpg

Return to “WW2 in Eastern Europe”