The battle of Leningrad and Stalingrad

Discussions on WW2 in Eastern Europe.
James2019

The battle of Leningrad and Stalingrad

Post by James2019 » 24 Aug 2019, 00:22

im looking for some info on what weapons did the soviets use during the battles of Leningrad and Stalingrad to push the germans back to Berlin,

thanks

Art
Forum Staff

Re: The battle of Leningrad and Stalingrad

Post by Art » 24 Aug 2019, 18:18

I have questions

Post by I have questions » 24 Aug 2019, 23:16

KV-1s were produced in Leningrad and aided in the defense of the city, as far as pushing the Germans to Berlin, tank types changed, certain weapons were fazed out and replaced, and different pieces of equipment took on multiple variations. I would suppose the biggest revolution to take place within the Red Army would be how much their command structure evolved and became more adept at planning and maintaining large offensive operations. The bottom line is that, in my opinion, the thing which allowed the Soviets to win over the Nazis was their increasing command flexibility, industry, and having support from the western allies. (The Soviets could have fought a war alone, but it would have been much longer and bloodier). Your question would be answerable if it was simply "what weapons did the Soviets use to win against the Nazis in the battle for Stalingrad and Leningrad"

-Max

James2019

Post by James2019 » 08 Sep 2019, 23:33

thanks for your in depth answer max,

Return to “WW2 in Eastern Europe”