German Armored Train Combat

Discussions on WW2 in Eastern Europe.
Richard Stone

German Armored Train Combat

Post by Richard Stone » 28 Jan 2022, 00:09

The attached article is a translation of a 1943 German press article that discussing the Wehrmacht’s use of armored trains with emphasis of their operation on the Eastern Front and in Western Europe at the start of WW2.

This version of the article was printed in the July 1944 issue of the USA professional military reference magazine 'Military Review’.

I placed this post here to aid researchers who study the Eastern Front. I've placed a duplicate of this post in the Photo Thread - German Armored Trains section of this website.
BattExp - Mil Review July 1944 - German Armored Trains-1.png
BattExp - Mil Review July 1944 - German Armored Trains-2.png
BattExp - Mil Review July 1944 - German Armored Trains-3.png

Richard Stone

Re: German Armored Train Combat

Post by Richard Stone » 22 May 2023, 19:47

The attached article is a translation of another 1943 German press article that discusses the Wehrmacht’s armored trains used on the Eastern Front. The photos are general ones and I believe they have been featured in other publications.

This version of the article was printed in the March 1944 issue of the USA professional military reference magazine 'Military Review’.

I placed this post here to aid researchers who study the Eastern Front. I will place a duplicate of this post in the 'Photo Thread - German Armored Trains' section of this website later today.

BattExp - Mil Review March 1944 - German Armored Trains-3A.png

Return to “WW2 in Eastern Europe”