Jan-Hendrik wrote:Units SS and police-führer — 6,000 men
Schuma-Btls.. 147, 148, 149, 150, 154
Would be interesting to estemish their real personal strength
Who posessed these units? SS or police-führer?
In total for April, 9 on a contentment of 17-th Army (including sea infantry and, the so-called, civil personnel) was 235,000 men
In view of the updating which have arrived from April, 12 till May, 9 (including penal battalions) and holidayers it will make near 245,000 - 250,000
File WF-03/50075. pp.100-102:
Only for command 17-n Army.
Operations section # 38/44 top secret 8.04.1944.
The appendix 2 to the Plan 1.
Instructions on creation of groups on evacuation.
I. The following service instances are obliged to create groups for evacuation (further, in items 1 — 16, names of these instances are listed: The Konrad's Group, 5th AK, 1th Romanian mountain - rifle AK and òàò further — the Note of the translator).
II. Arrangement of groups of evacuation.
1. All named in items 1 — 16 services create groups for evacuation from units and subdivisional which sharply are not necessary for direct operations or supply during carrying out of operation "Tiger".
2. All available military units to reconsider, leave for fights of covering and supply necessary for fight a small amount of people. Other soldiers and "Hiwi" to send.
3 Quantity of technical armies to leave necessary, it defines command AK. The subordinated building armies also to send. After the arrival to Sevastopol they at once act in submission of the commandant of a fortress for manufacture of works.
4. Completely to send the following parts, services and establishments:
a) All army and a land forces of a part of supply, except for what will be necessary in Sevastopol.
b) The personnel of military - economic command, except for those who will destroy and destroy objects...
d) All counterprospecting and propaganda bodies.
5. Total of the armies intended for a withdrawal in the approximated figures:
1) The Konrad's Group, including Romanian Cavalery Corps — 21,000 men
2) 5 AK — 16,000 men
3) 1-st Romanian mountain - rifle corps — 5,800 men
4) OKM — 3,400 men
5) 1-st air corps — 3,600 men
6) 9-n AA division — 3,900 men
7) SS and police-furhrer — 6,100 men
8) Harko 304 — 800 men
9) Communication troops — 600 men
10) Engineering troops — 3,000 men
11) Troops of rear (including military - economic command) — 27,000 men
12) Kodeais — 17,330 men [railway troops -Yuri]
13) Field commandant's offices 853 — 500 men
14) Counterspionage and propagation — 550 men
15) A staff of 17-th army — 400 men