Wehrmacht brothels.

Discussions on WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean. Hosted by Andy H
tigre

Wehrmacht brothels.

Post by tigre » 01 Jul 2020 02:37

Hello to all :D; a topic that arose from a photo ............................

Wehrmacht brothels in North Africa.

To maintain military courage and strength, the Wehrmacht had also ensured that Wehrmacht brothels were established in Africa. This should also prevent or reduce possible sexual frustration. Italian brothers in arms were also allowed to use these establishments. The "ladies" also came from our ally's homeland. The "most advanced brothel," that is, not far from the front, was undoubtedly that of Marsa Matruk. But also in the rear area, in Tobruk was this laudable facility, which everyone liked and used a lot, even if there was a shortage of women and there was a queue. In Marsa Matruk, the brothel was located in one of the few houses that were still preserved in an acceptable way. There was a particularly blatant shortage of staff because there were only two "ladies" to handle the rush and satisfy the needs and wants of the clients. And there was the patient row of brothers in arms. In the scorching sun, they politely waited for their turn. But when there was suddenly an airstrike alarm, which often happened, they all broke apart, and then, when the air was clear, they lined up over and over, and mostly in the same order as before. Fortunately, the place always remained intact during the attacks. The Jabos probably did not target this house.

Sources: https://www.dhm.de/lemo/zeitzeugen/wern ... frika-1942
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Afrika-DAK-nack ... 0752.m1982

Cheers. Raúl M 8-).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

joeylonglegs

Re: Wehrmacht brothels.

Post by joeylonglegs » 29 Jun 2021 01:01

Hi Raul

Were the women in these brothels forced into sexual slavery?

Thanks

Hans1906

Post by Hans1906 » 30 Jun 2021 15:08

The most common designation for a brothel in german language was, and still is the "Puff".

Little has changed in this respect up to the present day, the term "Puff" still stands for fast and cheap sex.

Wehrmachtsbordell https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wehrmachtsbordell

Militärprostitution https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militärprostitution

Lagerbordell https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagerbordell

Further links and photos, I spare us here in the forum.

Read the link "Lagerbordell...

Hans

P.S. All links to Wiki av. in german language also, with limited information in english also
Last edited by Hans1906 on 30 Jun 2021 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
Es ist im Leben wichtig, viel zu wissen.
Manchmal ist es noch wichtiger, zu wissen, daß man nichts weiß.

Hans1906

Post by Hans1906 » 30 Jun 2021 16:18

There are dozens of documentaries about all this still online...

Only two links.

Bordelle im Konzentrationslager

90 minutes interview:

Hans

* I'm barely able to see all that, and hear it, it's too much for me personally.
There are few personal limits, but more is hardly possible.
Not infrequently I dream all this horror....

joeylonglegs

Post by joeylonglegs » 30 Jun 2021 20:25

Hans1906 wrote:
30 Jun 2021 15:08
The most common designation for a brothel in german language was, and still is the "Puff".

Little has changed in this respect up to the present day, the term "Puff" still stands for fast and cheap sex.

Wehrmachtsbordell https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wehrmachtsbordell

Militärprostitution https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militärprostitution

Lagerbordell https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagerbordell

Further links and photos, I spare us here in the forum.

Read the link "Lagerbordell...

Hans

P.S. All links to Wiki av. in german language also, with limited information in english also

Hi Hans,

Are you saying that the all the Wehrmacht brothels, including the ones in North Africa, had forced prostitutes? Because considering the fact that the Wehrmacht definitely used forced prostitution in Europe, I am pretty sure North Africa was no different. I just need confirmation.

Regards,
Joey

Hans1906

Post by Hans1906 » 03 Jul 2021 11:55

Joey,

the answer is very simple, I have no idea at all, this is why I posted a few links and videos for you.

Speculating makes no sense, I also do not own any literature on this subject, unfortunately.

Good luck for your further researches ! :milwink:

Hans

joeylonglegs

Post by joeylonglegs » 04 Jul 2021 00:27

Hans1906 wrote:
03 Jul 2021 11:55
Joey,

the answer is very simple, I have no idea at all, this is why I posted a few links and videos for you.

Speculating makes no sense, I also do not own any literature on this subject, unfortunately.

Good luck for your further researches ! :milwink:

Hans
Ok, thank you hans!

tigre

Post by tigre » 12 Jul 2021 02:57

Hello joeylonglegs :D; sorry for this delay...................................
Seeing the woman in the picture, I tend to think she was latin ethnic (no arabic), so I think, at least there there was no sexual slavery........they were, so to speak, professionals.
Die Benutzung dieser Etablissements war aber auch den italienischen Waffenbrüdern gestattet. Die "Damen" kamen ja auch aus dem Land unseres Verbündeten. Das "vorgeschobenste Bordell", also nicht weit von der Front entfernt, ist sicherlich das in Marsa Matruk gewesen. Aber auch in der Etappe wie z. B. in Tobruk gab es diese löbliche Einrichtung, von der allerseits gerne und viel Gebrauch gemacht wurde, auch wenn es bei den Damen Personalmangel gab und es dann schon mal zum Schlangestehen kam
The Italian brothers in arms were also allowed to use these establishments. The "ladies" also came from our ally's country. The "most advanced brothel", not far from the front, was certainly the one in Marsa Matruk. But also in the stage such in Tobruk there was this praiseworthy facility, which everyone liked and made use of, even if there was a shortage of staff among the ladies and there was sometimes queuing.
https://www.dhm.de/lemo/zeitzeugen/wern ... frika-1942

Cheers. Raúl M 8-).

Hans1906

Post by Hans1906 » 12 Jul 2021 17:36

Raúl,

your hint and comment about the photo posted above goes totally against the grain for me, sorry.
If you search for the right terms, you can find hundreds of comparable photos online, within just a few minutes.

See attached photo below.
Source: https://de.topwar.ru/60094-prostituciya-cveta-haki.html

In my own photo collections, I own at least 10 photos in this context, the details do not belong here.
For me personally, it is quite simply forbidden to post these images on the Internet for general consumption.
The problem with these pictures is very simple, many of the locations, where the photos were taken at that time can no longer be traced today.

That's all it is.

Hans
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tigre

Post by tigre » 13 Jul 2021 01:04

Hello Hans1906 :D;
your hint and comment about the photo posted above goes totally against the grain for me, sorry.
No problem at all..........I got your point, nevertheless the naked human body its'nt a bad thing in itself.
to post these images on the Internet for general consumption
thruth only if someone entered the AHF, then WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean and then this thread. Cheers. Raúl M 8-).

Hans1906

Post by Hans1906 » 31 Jul 2021 23:02

An earlier discussion about "Sexualität im Krieg" in the german "Forum der Wehrmacht", started in the year 2007:

Sexualität im Krieg: https://www.forum-der-wehrmacht.de/inde ... -im-krieg/

Probably still interesting for some readers here in the AHF...

Hans

P.S. Many of the websites linked at that time are unfortunately no longer up to date, which is very unfortunate.
There is also no point in talking about it even today, the victims and the perpetrators are far away from all of us.
Surely it is better that way, but who of us all knows that.

Our life time is finite, and it makes no sense to deal with such issues 24/7.

I often dream all this horror, and I am grateful, to wake up each morning.

andrek

Post by andrek » 07 Aug 2021 15:52

Hans1906 wrote:
31 Jul 2021 23:02
An earlier discussion about "Sexualität im Krieg" in the german "Forum der Wehrmacht", started in the year 2007:

Sexualität im Krieg: https://www.forum-der-wehrmacht.de/inde ... -im-krieg/

Probably still interesting for some readers here in the AHF...

Hans

P.S. Many of the websites linked at that time are unfortunately no longer up to date, which is very unfortunate.
There is also no point in talking about it even today, the victims and the perpetrators are far away from all of us.
Surely it is better that way, but who of us all knows that.

Our life time is finite, and it makes no sense to deal with such issues 24/7.

I often dream all this horror, and I am grateful, to wake up each morning.
Welche Webseiten meinen Sie?

Soweit mir bekannt ist gibt es nur 2 ARD und/oder ZDF Dokumentationen zu diesem Thema. Die Doku mit dem sinngemäßen Titel "GI vergewaltigt SS Witwe" ist fundiert und hält meiner Meinung nach selbst historischen - wissenschaftlichen - Betrachtungsweisen stand. Möglicherweise hat die Autorin mittlerweile sogar ein Buch zu dem Thema ihrer Studien veröffentlicht, was ich aber aus wirtschaftlichen Gründen nicht glaube und außerdem hat die BILD Zeitung bisher nicht darüber berichtet.

Die zweite Doku handelte von den norwegischen Waisen, der bei mir ein Geschmäckle hinterließ, weil der Autor später auf den Rußlandfeldzug umschwenkte und von den permanent vergewaltigenden deutschen Landsern berichtet.

Das Thema selbst wurde immer wieder gerne in anderen Dokus aufgegriffen, zum Beispiel das Bordell in Auschwitz oder die in Frankreich zur Prostitution gezungenen Frauen oder die deutschen Prostituierten, die nicht in Zuchthäuser gesteckt wurden, sondern in Militärbordelle.

Ich kann mir nicht vorstellen das Webseiten existieren, die mehr sind als dümmlichstes blablabla oder copy & paste. Lasse mich von Ihnen aber gerne belehren.

Hans1906

Post by Hans1906 » 07 Aug 2021 16:23

andrek,

are you aware about the "qoutes", you are posting here, for 99.9 % percent not ?

I personally have exactly these photos in my photographic collections.
And of course these photos will never be seen in public, for sure.

I can't get close to the subject, even after all these decades.

Try to just read yourself into the German language, that would be very helpful for you for sure....

Good luck!

Hans

P.S. My own few photos in the "funny" section, they "show" nothing, absolutely nothing.

Return to “WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean”