3rd and 4th RHA Shootout with Pz Abt. Hohmann

Discussions on WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean. Hosted by Andy H
MarkN

Re: 3rd and 4th RHA Shootout with Pz Abt. Hohmann

Post by MarkN » 20 Aug 2018, 15:52

ClintHardware wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 18:13
As time allows I am examining other evidence about the 3rd and 4th RHA shootout that seems to add to the witnessed German AFV casualties I first encountered in unit war diaries.

An eye witness I recently encountered in a book describes the panzers splitting up to attack and this may be why Schorm makes no clear and direct reference to the AFV damage. What we do not know is what the translators bothered to include from Schorm's diary. Jentz certainly did not fully quote what there was from Schorm even though he could have done.

Its going to be weeks before I can respond on this subject but I will respond - perhaps by August.
The second August is nearing an end so I guess you've decided not to add any further information from your research and thus keep that info hidden yet longer still. Shame
MarkN wrote:
14 Apr 2017, 18:53
Back to the subject of the thread: 3rd and 4th RHA Shootout with Pz Abt. Hohmann, 12 May 1941, what have you written about the other 3 German 'columns' and the other 4 British columns?

Which column lost a Major and 3 O/Rs to Hohman's Gp? Was it UVOR or one of the others? Which columns lost some of their artillery? Are you putting any of that in or choosing to leave it out?
From my side, a documents has passed into my possession that identifies Major G Goschen MC as being taken POW during this skirmish. Major Goschen was OC UVOR Column. This would seem to confirm that it was indeed UVOR against Hohman's pantsers and add yet more weight to the veracity of the various German write-ups and claims.

ClintHardware

Post by ClintHardware » 05 Sep 2018, 08:28

MarkN wrote:
Goschen
Sorry I haven't been around. Clearly there is a need to be vicious so I'll be in touch. Sorry for the delay.
Imperialism and Re-Armament NOW !

ClintHardware

Post by ClintHardware » 15 Sep 2018, 10:09

MarkN wrote:
Goschen
Mark I am going to let you put your case first and place your evidence on the forum for all to see. And then if it is good enough I will reply. One of my reasons for taking this stand is that I have forgotten what your issue was and another is that you never give references.
Imperialism and Re-Armament NOW !

MarkN

Post by MarkN » 15 Sep 2018, 22:19

ClintHardware wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 10:09
MarkN wrote:
Goschen
Mark I am going to let you put your case first and place your evidence on the forum for all to see. And then if it is good enough I will reply. One of my reasons for taking this stand is that I have forgotten what your issue was and another is that you never give references.
:roll:

Return to “WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean”