Units ID request

Discussions on WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean. Hosted by Andy H
Jeada

Units ID request

Post by Jeada » 15 Jul 2019 15:54

Hi All,

I got the attached two pictures. Bothe were maid in North Africa, Tunisia - exact location Djedeida. The most probable time: Nov/Dec 1942 - Jan/Feb 1943.
The first pic shows Sd.Kfz 251 with two markings on the left corner. Top one is a diamond shape, second below indicates that the veicle belongs to the armored unit - but which one?
On the second pic we can see roup of the fjs on motorcycles. Most probable they belong to so called KG Hübner. On the fron of the sidecar there is a unit mark in my opinion. Anyone is able to recognize it?

Thanks in advance for your help
jedeida.jpg
HubnerKG2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alanmccoubrey
Financial supporter

Re: Units ID request

Post by Alanmccoubrey » 15 Jul 2019 18:16

The "diamond" might have been used by 90 Light Division which would make the unit Panzer Abteilung 190 I suppose.
Alan

Jeada

Post by Jeada » 15 Jul 2019 21:46

Great

It make sense as some other sources reporting 190 units as a part of the KG operating at that time in the region.

Thanks a lot

Jeada

Post by Jeada » 16 Jul 2019 13:23

Regarding the emblem on the sidecar. As KG Hübner was formed on the basis of II. Bataillon / Fallsch.-Rgt. 5. it is highly possible that it show this Bataillon insignia. So, anyone knows how it could looks like? Tried different searches but without success .

Return to “WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean”