Historic RTS WW2 game covering AfrikaCorps

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
henri321

Historic RTS WW2 game covering AfrikaCorps

Post by henri321 » 19 Feb 2020, 00:00

Hi everyone I really loved game from my youth and in recent years I ve played some good RTS historical games but in that recents years I have also started some programing in Unreal Engine 4 and helping some people with it , and also I have learn to make good models in Blender , and I have decided that I will try to make a game but at first I didnt know about what should I make game . But after some time I have realized that if I was always interested in WW2 so I should make a WW2 game but I decided that it wont be FPS because after I saw newest title games claiming to be historic about WW2 but when I saw them I was really disgusted by them . And then after I searched for some good RTS games I found them and I really like them , it were games like Company of Heroes , Company of Heroes 2 and OrderOfBattleWWII . And I decided to make WW2 historic RTS game . So I was decided to make WW2 game but I didnt know on what front should it take place , and after some thinking I was determined to set game in Africa where you would play as Afrika Korps , and also game should be tribute to German comander of Afrika Korps and my favorite general Erwin Rommel.
So I started some resarch but just after I got to first battle after Rommel arrival (battle of Mersa Brega ) I couldnt find any good description of battle and then I found this forum. So I would like to hear advice from profesionals about where should I look for information and to tell me how to create realistic historic game but also not too complicated , and could you look at that game I mentioned Company of Heroes 1 and 2 and tell me if I made game like that how could I improve it for more realism . Thanks for your responses :milwink:

Also sorry if I made some grammar mistakes I am from Slovakia

OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Re: Historic RTS WW2 game covering AfrikaCorps

Post by OpanaPointer » 19 Feb 2020, 00:19

You might want to look at the British Army in the Western Desert. https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/ETO/Africa/index.html
Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

Urmel

Post by Urmel » 26 Feb 2020, 09:09

http://rommelsriposte.com has a lot of after action reports and order of battle data.
The enemy had superiority in numbers, his tanks were more heavily armoured, they had larger calibre guns with nearly twice the effective range of ours, and their telescopes were superior. 5 RTR 19/11/41

The CRUSADER Project - The Winter Battle 1941/42

dgfred

Post by dgfred » 26 Feb 2020, 17:05

Ewww... good one. Thanks U.

Lukens

Post by Lukens » 01 Jan 2022, 16:51

You know there’s an official mod on the steam workshop that provides the Afrika Korps as well as maps?

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”