Operation Mincemeat: Anglo Jewish officer

Discussions on WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean. Hosted by Andy H
Von Schadewald

Operation Mincemeat: Anglo Jewish officer

Post by Von Schadewald » 15 May 2022 20:58

From this week's Manchester Jewish Telegraph
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Von Schadewald on 15 May 2022 21:03, edited 1 time in total.

Von Schadewald

Re: Operation Mincemeat: Anglo Jewish officer

Post by Von Schadewald » 15 May 2022 21:01

mm2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MarkRS

Post by MarkRS » 11 Aug 2022 08:30

More conspiracy theory rubbish.

Steve

Post by Steve » 12 Aug 2022 18:37

General Frido von Senger und Etterlin wrote in his memoir that at a meeting with Hitler on June 22 1943 he was given the job of defending Sicily. If Hitler made any mention of a possible allied invasion of Greece Etterlin does not mention it. He also talked to General Warlimont Deputy Chief of the Operations Staff about what to do in the event of a major allied attack on Sicily and again apparently no mention of Greece. On June 25 he met Field Marshall Kesselring in Rome and again apparently no mention of Greece. Later he met Field Marshall von Richthofen commander of Luftflotte 2 who thought the allies would land in Sardinia rather than Sicily. The Germans may have thought it was a possibility the allies would land in Greece as troops were moved there but they do not seem to have been putting all their eggs into the Greek basket.

Attrition

Post by Attrition » 15 Aug 2022 16:48

I don't believe that the dead bloke was the Welsh bloke he was purported to be because it's too much of a cliche, a social outsider, non-productive member of the community, a suicide.... is redeemed after his death.... I think he was the sailor. It rather reminds me of the story of the first use of penicillin....on a copper who was scratched by a rose thorn. Why not try it on a baby or a child where the supply would go further? Oh and the scratch by a rose thorn looks to me like a euphemistic phrase for syphilis.

Return to “WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean”