Discussions on other historical eras.
South

NATO bombing of Yugoslavia

Post by South » 22 Mar 2019, 13:59

https://www.rferl.org/a/operation-allie ... 31978.html

Good morning all,

Per ...

These are some good pictures.

Most is 20+ years ago but not all. For example, "2008, Kosevo declared independence ... ". Please DO NOT comment on current events so we're AHF-compliant.

I took due note of the picture of wall painted with "Madelaine Albright Is Our Mother".

~ Bob

eastern Virginia, USA

Robert Rojas
In memoriam

RE: N.A.T.O. Bombing Of Yugoslavia.

Post by Robert Rojas » 01 Oct 2019, 03:40

Greetings to both brother South and the community as a whole. Howdy Bob! Well sir, in respect to your introductory posting of Friday - March 22, 2019 - 3:59am since the last of the so-called Balkan Wars played itself out roughly twenty years ago, old yours truly thought I would go out on a limb and foolishly offer my anecdotal opinion on the aerial campaign conducted by disparate elements of the air forces of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, which incidentally also included an aerial contingent from the Republic of France - a nation that had withdrawn from the N.A.T.O. alliance in year 1965. In addition, the N.A.T.O nations of the Federal Republic of Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States of America were the principal N.A.T.O. contributors to this police action in KOSOVO. Apart from earning the eternal enmity of the people of Serbia, drawing Serbia and the Russian Federation closer together, and driving a wedge between Washington, D.C. and London, I personally fail to see what critical transnational security interest were at stake for the Atlantic Alliance in this operation ostensibly geared against the people and sovereignty of Serbia. Well, that's my initial two Yankee cents worth on this sojourn down the road into the now resuscitated COLD WAR - for now anyway. As always, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day over in your corner of the OLD DOMINION that is the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Best Regards
Uncle Bob :idea: :|
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it" - Robert E. Lee

Return to “Other eras”