Anti Missile System

Discussions on other historical eras.
von thoma

Anti Missile System

Post by von thoma » 15 Sep 2019, 02:29

Can you explain me which kind of weapon is that ?
Thank you

" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Robert Rojas
In memoriam

RE: Anti Missile System OR Systems (PLURAL).

Post by Robert Rojas » 15 Sep 2019, 08:09

Greetings to both citizen von Thoma and the community as a whole. Howdy von Thoma (or Wilhelm if you so prefer). Well sir, in reference to both your introductory posting and media contribution of Saturday - September 14, 2019 - 4:29pm, old yours truly is of the opinion that you MIGHT be watching either the United States Navy's PHALANX air defense system OR the United States Army's M-163 VULCAN air defense system. Incidentally, neither one of these weapon systems is recent nor new technology. They've both been around for years. Well, I hope my input has been of some assistance to your technical inquiry - for now anyway. In any case, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day over in your corner of the Iberian Peninsula. Adios!

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob :idea: :|
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it" - Robert E. Lee

Adrian B

Re: Anti Missile System

Post by Adrian B » 18 Sep 2019, 02:07

Definitely the Phalanx, as that's what's in the foreground, and the M-163 doesn't have any anti-missile capability (manual optical aiming only).

Robert Rojas
In memoriam

RE: Anti Missile System.

Post by Robert Rojas » 18 Sep 2019, 04:33

Greetings to both citizen Adrian B. and the community as a whole. Howdy Adrian! Well sir, in reference to your posting of Tuesday - September 17, 2019 - 4:07pm, old yours truly must duly concede that you are absolutely correct with your technical observations about the United States Army's M-163 VULCAN air defense system. And yes, the M-163 is ostensibly an anti-aircraft artillery weapon system. The M-163 is ALSO a superb infantry support weapon system. Well, that's my latest two Yankee cents worth on this technical matter of interest - for now anyway. In any case, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day over in your corner of the United Kingdom. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN - not to mention everyone else!

Best Regards From The Upstart Colonies!
Uncle Bob :idea: :|
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it" - Robert E. Lee

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 24 Sep 2019, 04:14

Thank you !
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

hucks216

Post by hucks216 » 24 Sep 2019, 11:13

I think it was mentioned on another forum (or possibly Twitter) that this 'footage' is taken from a computer game.

Robert Rojas
In memoriam

RE: Anti Missile System.

Post by Robert Rojas » 24 Sep 2019, 20:17

Greetings to both citizen hucks216 and the community as a whole. Howdy hucks! Well sir, in light of your posting of Tuesday - September 24, 2019 - 1:13am, old yours truly cannot speak IF this thread's media installment is OR is not footage taken from a computer game. I am NOT presently nor have I ever been a computer game person. Now, with that said, I have to duly acknowledge that the BUZZ SAW SOUND generated within the media installment is quite accurate. I have had the unique "privilege" to literally stand next to the M-163 VULCAN air defense system while it sent a torrent of steel down range. Even with adequate ear protection, I have my doubts if my hearing has fully recovered from that mechanical demonstration. Well, that's may latest two Yankee cents worth on this technical matter of interest - for now anyway. Incidentally, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! In any case, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day over in your corner of merry old England. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN - not to mention everyone else!

Best Regards From The Upstart Colonies!
Uncle Bob :idea: :) :wink: 8-) :thumbsup:

hucks216

Post by hucks216 » 24 Sep 2019, 20:43

Hello Uncle Bob. Thank you for the birthday wishes. I have never been in the vicinity of the Phalanx being fired but have had the fortune to be stood within 50 yards of the 30mm Goalkeeper system being fired as well as the Russian 30mm ADG, without ear protection on both times, and it certainly does make the ears tingle!!

Return to “Other eras”