The mystery of Stalin's death

Discussions on other historical eras.
LeoAU

Post by LeoAU » 18 Mar 2003, 04:10

The Desert Fox wrote:If a person did indeed inject Stalin with Poison, I applaud them. To me their would be no greater recipitant of the award of "Hero of the Soviet Union". No person would be more deserving of such an award for ending the life of that butcher. Its a pity no person could have ended his life earlier!

Imagine the positive effect on the USSR population, if he had died in the mid 1920s, and a more sane leader had taken power.

regards
The Desert Fox.
He was the most 'liberal' and less bloodthirsty out of all those who could take the power back in 20's.

ISU-152

Post by ISU-152 » 23 Mar 2003, 00:42

LeoAU wrote:
The Desert Fox wrote:If a person did indeed inject Stalin with Poison, I applaud them. To me their would be no greater recipitant of the award of "Hero of the Soviet Union". No person would be more deserving of such an award for ending the life of that butcher. Its a pity no person could have ended his life earlier!

Imagine the positive effect on the USSR population, if he had died in the mid 1920s, and a more sane leader had taken power.

regards
The Desert Fox.
He was the most 'liberal' and less bloodthirsty out of all those who could take the power back in 20's.
I agree. Just the thought about Trotsky who had the ideas of permanent revolution and Tukhachevsky with his "red militarism" program to build 100000 tanks make me shiver. :(

Docent P

Post by Docent P » 27 Mar 2003, 14:18

>Just the thought about Trotsky who had the ideas of permanent revolution...

Lets remember the bloodbath made by Trotsky in Kazan' in autumn 1918, as Lenin called it - "exemplary... mercyless extermination". Before it Trotsky became famous by his execution of every tenth Red soldiers when they had been defeated by Colonel Kappel.

But I wouldn't say that Stalin could be better in any way. The Commies (I mean generally every kind of Marxists) are ALWAYS WORST. The dilemma who is worse of them is so senseless like a question: what's better - to be sank in a barge in the Volga river by Trotsky's Chineses or to be burnt alive by Stalin's NKVDists in Khaibakh for example. Both choices are WORST. All the Commies are stincking dirty scums, they can't be considered as people. All these dregs must by cleaned out from the Earth sooner or later. Unfortunately Stalin and Trotsky were killed too late :cry: . The only consolation for me is that both were dying in painful (I hope VERY painful) agonies.

Morgoth

Post by Morgoth » 13 Apr 2003, 11:05

oleg wrote:Image
Thanks for the picture, oleg. Although i have seen a photo of the dead dictator, this death mask is new to me.

pdhinkle36ID

Stalin and other USSR leaders Dearhs

Post by pdhinkle36ID » 22 Jun 2003, 22:09

Marcus has it right. Stalin was the first. HIs close Comrades were together in this. Then each followed one by one. Kureschev ? pardon the spelling. Was The only one left So he retied.

No one had the courage to do it alone. When they found a guard that had little to lose they left him do it. Even then it was botched.!

Cantankerous

Re: The mystery of Stalin's death

Post by Cantankerous » 30 Sep 2023, 01:52

A new research paper came out earlier this year discounting a suggestion that the stroke from Stalin died was caused by one of Stalin's lieutenants poisoning him with warfarin or a similar anticoagulant:
https://www.cureus.com/articles/144622- ... -poisoning#!/

Terry Duncan
Forum Staff

Re: The mystery of Stalin's death

Post by Terry Duncan » 02 Oct 2023, 09:31

Thread Necromancy from 2002 brought to people by Cantankerous. Please start acting your age before you find yourself taking an extended holiday.

Terry

Return to “Other eras”