The US Won the War of 1812

Discussions on other historical eras.
henryk

Re: RE: The U.S. Won The War Of 1812 - EH!?

Post by henryk » 24 Oct 2018, 21:05

Robert Rojas wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 15:10
we Yanks have wisely NOT picked a fight with the Canucks since that ill advised exercise in fraternal unpleasantness. However, after all was said and done, our northern neighbors still wound up on the short end of the stick - they're still stuck with the Province of Quebec! You win some and you lose some! Uncle Bob :idea: :) :P :lol: :wink: 8-) :thumbsup:
Unfortunately there is a US President that declared tariffs on Canadian Steel and Aluminum, because "Canada is a security threat to the US".
The Province of Quebec is an advantage to Canada because it makes Canada really different from the US.

Robert Rojas
In memoriam

RE: The U.S. Won The War Of 1812 - (OR IS IT 2018?)

Post by Robert Rojas » 24 Oct 2018, 21:58

Greetings to both cousin henyrk and the community as a whole. Howdy henyrk! Well sir, in respect to your posting of Wednesday - October 24, 2018 - 11:05am, old yours truly will not belabor this point, but in the case of the GREAT WHITE NORTH, my President is right for all of the wrong reasons. From my perspective on such matters, the United States of America ought to be scrutinizing the Canadian Border with the same zeal that the United States of America scrutinizes the Mexican Border. Terrorists and insurgents do come in all matter of complexions - NOT JUST BROWN. In that respect alone, the Trojan Horse that is the Canadian Confederation does represent a VERY REAL and SIGNIFICANT security threat to the United States of America. It's just some LESS than friendly food for thought. Well, that's my latest two Yankee cents worth on this nostalgic sojourn down BACK BACON lane - for now anyway. As always, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day up in your corner of Anglophonic speaking Canada. And to be POLITICALLY CORRECT for all of Canada's Francophones - AU REVOIR and QUEBEC LIBRE! Really different indeed.

Best Regards - EH!?
Uncle Bob :idea: :|
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it" - Robert E. Lee

Rob Stuart

Re: The US Won the War of 1812

Post by Rob Stuart » 02 Nov 2018, 06:43

From my perspective on such matters, the United States of America ought to be scrutinizing the Canadian Border with the same zeal that the United States of America scrutinizes the Mexican Border.
Actually the big news about security on the Canada-US border is the problem we're having in stopping illegal entry into Canada from the US, by people seeking asylum.

Andy H
Forum Staff

Re: The US Won the War of 1812

Post by Andy H » 03 Nov 2018, 18:51

Hi All

Can I please remind you that however tempted you feel, please refrain from straining any further into modern day politics.

You've been warned

Regards

Andy H

Return to “Other eras”