The "Atomic Cafe" is back !

Discussions on other historical eras.
South

The "Atomic Cafe" is back !

Post by South » 09 Aug 2018, 09:01

https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/ar ... o-15985851

Per title.

Article leads off with 2 Cold War pictures, a Boy Scout displayed fallout shelter and a picture titled "Flamingo Atomic Cocktail".

Not mentioned but besides the oil painting titled "Flamingo Atomic Cocktail", there was also a mixed drink with same name. Vaguely recall it was a concoction of a lot of alcoholic beverages.

Article mentions Radio Liberty.

~ Bob
eastern Virginia, USA

Robert Rojas
In memoriam

RE: The "Atomic Cafe" Is Back!?

Post by Robert Rojas » 10 Aug 2018, 05:42

Greetings to both brother South and the community as a whole. Howdy Bob! Well sir, in respect to your introductory posting of Wednesday - August 08, 2018 - 11:01pm, old yours truly was wondering if this media related creation of yours might be better served under the thread entitled as COLD WAR MOVIES AND TELEVISION SHOWS which was initially generated on Friday - May 18, 2018 - 2:35pm. Now, I have NOT had the opportunity to view the celluloid production in question, but given what I have heard about the film from year 2016, it certainly sounds like it belongs to the COLD WAR genre of films. Oh, and by the way, I have no passionate desire to schlep over to the City of San Francisco to see the latest and greatest release of Atomic Café at the Roxie Theatre. I can wait for its release over in my corner of Contra Costa County. Well, that's my initial two cents worth on this vintage topic from yesteryear - for now anyway. In any case, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day over in the Old Dominion that is the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob :idea: :|
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it" - Robert E. Lee

South

Re: The "Atomic Cafe" is back !

Post by South » 10 Aug 2018, 07:17

Good morning Uncle Bob,

Cross-referencing is definitely a problem.

Is the material "movie / television" or more basic "Cold War" ?

I would not want ATOMIC CAFE on the same thread with, eg, "Sir, No Sir", a production of Fonda - or was it Goldie Hawn ?

The cataloging point is duly noted.

It's been about 5 to 6 decades since I heard or read the word "schlep". My day is made !

~ Bob
eastern Virginia, USA

Return to “Other eras”