Guinea and the Cold War

Discussions on other historical eras.
South

Guinea and the Cold War

Post by South » 02 Oct 2018, 10:38

https://roodepoortrecord.co.za/2018/10/ ... frica-web/

Good morning all,

Article highlights various aspects of the Cold War eg [Guinea President Sekou] "Toure played the Soviet Union and the United States against one another..."

Note the mentioned term "Red Guinea".

~ Bob
eastern Virginia, USA

Robert Rojas
In memoriam

RE: Guinea And The Cold War.

Post by Robert Rojas » 02 Oct 2018, 19:46

Greetings to both brother South and the community as a whole. Howdy Bob! Well sir, in respect to your introductory posting of Tuesday - October 02, 2018 - 12:38am, old yours truly is never ceased to be amazed with your disparate sources of information. Given the political climate of today's Republic of South Africa, I was more than a bit surprised that the Blake Linder of the Roodepoort News Outlet would broach a vintage historical topic from the pages of Sub Saharan Africa. The story of the Republic of Guinea is nothing new or novel. The story of the Republic of Guinea is a repetitive saga that has been seen across the length and breadth of the African continent since the incremental withdrawal of Europe's colonial presence during the second half the Twentieth Century. The only substantive difference has been the evolutionary change in the character of the extraterritorial actors who had OR have injected themselves into the DIVIDE and CONQUER realities of the Tribal Oligarchies and Military Juntas that hold sway on the vast continent of Africa. I will not belabor this point, but in the Twenty First Century, it is now multi-national corporations (under the guise of THE WEST) and the Peoples Republic of China that are now played off against one another for political influence and economic access to the treasures of greater Africa. I hope Blake Linder has the good sense to get out of Dodge while there is still time. Well, that is my initial two Yankee cents worth on this angst ridden topic where the more things change, the more things stay the same - for now anyway. As always, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day over in your corner of the Old Dominion that is the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob :idea: :|
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it" - Robert E. Lee

South

Re: Guinea and the Cold War

Post by South » 02 Oct 2018, 22:34

Good afternoon Uncle Bob,

Surely this article on Guinea - with a picture of JFK - has no correlation to the US First Lady's visit to sub-Sahara Africa.

~ Bob
eastern Virginia, USA

Return to “Other eras”