Why We Need The CIA Even Today?

Discussions on other historical eras.
Edward L. Hsiao

Why We Need The CIA Even Today?

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 11 Jun 2019, 22:10

The CIA have bore the brunt of dislike and disappointment since the Cold War of the 20th century because of activities that seems to deemed as failures and "unclean" once it came into public. Sometimes the CIA people aids a particular tribe of people that later turned against them. Trying to get the information from the prisoners they caught sometimes border in torture. Intelligence seems to be lacking in the CIA today as knowing the activities of a particular terrorist group that is stirring trouble in an area of the world especially in the U.S. The CIA is not a military organization and I wonder why it is still needed today in the 21st century. The present director of the CIA is bearing the blame because of questionable methods in getting information from captured enemy personal and activities that doesn't amount much in the war against terror.

Edward L. Hsiao

OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Re: Why We Need The CIA Even Today?

Post by OpanaPointer » 12 Jun 2019, 01:42

The CIA love bad press.
Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

Robert Rojas
In memoriam

RE: Why We Need The CIA Even Today?

Post by Robert Rojas » 12 Jun 2019, 05:36

Greetings to both brother Edward L. Hsiao and the community as a whole. Howdy Edward (or Ed if you so prefer)! In respect to your introductory posting of Tuesday - June 11, 2019 - 12:10pm, like yourself, old yours truly has also wondered why we need the Central Intelligence Agency in this day of age. Unless the "intelligence community" has a penchant for bureaucratic redundancy, given the sheer size of the Defense Intelligence Agency, I fail to see the continued necessity for the Central Intelligence Agency. This would be especially true IF rogue elements within the Central Intelligence Agency were involved with any act of barratry aimed at the Chief Executive of the Republic over the past two years. Well, that's my initial two Yankee cents worth on this controversial topic of interest - for now anyway. In any case, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day down in your corner of the Grand Canyon State of Arizona.

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob :idea: :|
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it" - Robert E. Lee

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 12 Jun 2019, 08:03

Dear Robert,

It seems that the majority of the people living in the U.S. today doesn't like the CIA in general. Truth drugs,electrical shock treatment,brainwashing, anything that would make a prisoner miserable. It is thought that the CIA can make homemade bombs,poison darts,food that make a victim die,and maybe car bombs. The terrorists were not the only ones to use car bombs.
I'm now lived in Waldport,Oregon for over 13 years now. I live just five blocks away from the sea. Waldport is cool during the summer. I forgot how to change my resident area on the "Axis History Forum". You can just called me Edward. Thank you for your reply.

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 14 Jun 2019, 07:51

George Bush Sr. was the head of the CIA for a few years during the Cold War. He became President of the United States later on in his life.
Andropov was the head of the KGB. He became the head of the Soviet Union for few years. Putin who was an officer of the KGB,today is power hungry head of Russia today. I sometimes wonder if these well known men had any power of authority that they could use with abuse over their own people and their allied countries due to their past history of the secret service or police. Well Bush wasn't power hungry and abusive but made plenty of ideas which sometimes doesn't please the people of the U.S. The CIA under any directors at all including the present one who is a woman had to answer for convert operations which mostly were no good at all.

Edward L. Hsiao

Return to “Other eras”