Mass deportations that were proposed and/or planned but never actually carried out?

Discussions on other historical eras.
Futurist

Mass deportations that were proposed and/or planned but never actually carried out?

Post by Futurist » 21 Dec 2020 04:26

Which cases were there of mass deportations being proposed and/or planned but never actually being carried out? So far, I could think of Generalplan Ost, but which other cases of this were there throughout history?

Futurist

Re: Mass deportations that were proposed and/or planned but never actually carried out?

Post by Futurist » 21 Dec 2020 04:27

I suppose that there might have been some Americans who contemplated forcibly deporting US blacks to Sub-Saharan Africa en masse after emancipation, but these might have always thankfully been viewed as impractical pipe dreams.

Oh, and of course there was the Madagascar Plan and maybe other, similar plans for deporting Europe's Jews en masse.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Re: Mass deportations that were proposed and/or planned but never actually carried out?

Post by David Thompson » 24 Dec 2020 18:28

Futurist -- you wrote:
I suppose that there might have been some Americans who contemplated forcibly deporting US blacks to Sub-Saharan Africa en masse after emancipation, but these might have always thankfully been viewed as impractical pipe dreams.
If that subject interests you, you might take a look at:

American Colonization Society
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ ... on_Society

Futurist

Post by Futurist » 24 Dec 2020 23:33

Yep, I already took a look at that Wikipedia article. Thanks, David! :)

Return to “Other eras”