news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Discussions on other historical eras.
LAstry2
Member
Posts: 194
Joined: 02 May 2022 12:14
Location: USA

news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by LAstry2 » 06 Sep 2022 00:30

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/359319

saw this story plane brought down

User avatar
Cult Icon
Member
Posts: 3254
Joined: 08 Apr 2014 19:00

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Cult Icon » 06 Sep 2022 01:23

Next time they will get a hundred year old man to shoot down a SU-57 with a pistol :lol:

User avatar
Yuri
Member
Posts: 1714
Joined: 01 Jun 2006 11:24
Location: Russia

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Yuri » 06 Sep 2022 14:51

LAstry2 wrote:
06 Sep 2022 00:30
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/359319

saw this story plane brought down
This news has a hefty beard.

Tom Peters
Financial supporter
Posts: 837
Joined: 04 Sep 2004 21:18
Location: Augusta, GA

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Tom Peters » 07 Sep 2022 14:38

Sounds dubious, unless he happened by the jet when it was parked on the runway.

Mad Dog

User avatar
dgfred
Member
Posts: 260
Joined: 31 Jan 2008 16:56
Location: N.C., USA

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by dgfred » 07 Sep 2022 14:58

hefty beard... haha. Thumbs up!

James A Pratt III
Member
Posts: 831
Joined: 30 Apr 2006 00:08
Location: Texas

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by James A Pratt III » 07 Sep 2022 20:16

There is a old British Army saying "Believe have of what you see and a quarter of what you hear" which applies to all wars. If a plane did crash it was probably hit by something other than a rifle bullet.

User avatar
Aida1
Member
Posts: 2413
Joined: 04 Aug 2019 08:46
Location: Brussels

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Aida1 » 10 Sep 2022 17:48


User avatar
Helmut0815
Member
Posts: 851
Joined: 19 Sep 2010 13:13
Location: Lower Saxony, Germany

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Helmut0815 » 11 Sep 2022 19:35

Aida1 wrote:
10 Sep 2022 17:48
Russian army is on the retreat.
Leaving a trail of devastation and huge piles of scrap and garbage. --> Click

regards


Helmut

User avatar
Cult Icon
Member
Posts: 3254
Joined: 08 Apr 2014 19:00

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Cult Icon » 12 Sep 2022 00:19

The Russians have ordered a sudden and massive general withdrawal of their Northern front, giving up a lot of terrain. This is remarkably fast decision, this whole scenario has unfolded in just days. This is the last time they can conduct a mass withdrawal. This means all units concentrated in the Donbass and in the South now.

So when is Putin going to declare war on ukraine?

User avatar
Aida1
Member
Posts: 2413
Joined: 04 Aug 2019 08:46
Location: Brussels

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Aida1 » 12 Sep 2022 07:49

Cult Icon wrote:
12 Sep 2022 00:19
The Russians have ordered a sudden and massive general withdrawal of their Northern front, giving up a lot of terrain. This is remarkably fast decision, this whole scenario has unfolded in just days. This is the last time they can conduct a mass withdrawal. This means all units concentrated in the Donbass and in the South now.

So when is Putin going to declare war on ukraine?
Wishful thinking as according to your friend Putin there is no war at all, just an operation to take the Donbas.

Martin_from_Valhalla
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: 12 Feb 2021 05:22
Location: Russia, Siberia

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Martin_from_Valhalla » 12 Sep 2022 08:34

These days our flight is called withdrawal instead of retreat...

ljadw
Member
Posts: 13608
Joined: 13 Jul 2009 17:50

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by ljadw » 12 Sep 2022 12:47

Helmut0815 wrote:
11 Sep 2022 19:35
Aida1 wrote:
10 Sep 2022 17:48
Russian army is on the retreat.
Leaving a trail of devastation and huge piles of scrap and garbage. --> Click

regards


Helmut
As do all retreating armies .

User avatar
Cult Icon
Member
Posts: 3254
Joined: 08 Apr 2014 19:00

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Cult Icon » 12 Sep 2022 13:40

Martin_from_Valhalla wrote:
12 Sep 2022 08:34
These days our flight is called withdrawal instead of retreat...
The Russians have been conducting deliberate withdrawals. The speed of which they are doing so gives the impression that the staffwork was already done and these are contingency plans. They do not want to fight the Ukrainian masses with disadvantage and like the 1st withdrawal they aimed to preserve their units.

I have always interpreted the Kharkiv' axis as their secondary/insurance in case things go pear shaped.

User avatar
Aida1
Member
Posts: 2413
Joined: 04 Aug 2019 08:46
Location: Brussels

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Aida1 » 12 Sep 2022 14:48

Cult Icon wrote:
12 Sep 2022 13:40
Martin_from_Valhalla wrote:
12 Sep 2022 08:34
These days our flight is called withdrawal instead of retreat...
The Russians have been conducting deliberate withdrawals. The speed of which they are doing so gives the impression that the staffwork was already done and these are contingency plans. They do not want to fight the Ukrainian masses with disadvantage and like the 1st withdrawal they aimed to preserve their units.

I have always interpreted the Kharkiv' axis as their secondary/insurance in case things go pear shaped.
Typical spin. And copying propaganda. Obviously the russian army could not be defeated according to some. 😂😂
Given all the armor it left behind, it looks more like fleeing after a breakthrough.

User avatar
Aida1
Member
Posts: 2413
Joined: 04 Aug 2019 08:46
Location: Brussels

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Aida1 » 12 Sep 2022 14:49

Cult Icon wrote:
12 Sep 2022 13:40
Martin_from_Valhalla wrote:
12 Sep 2022 08:34
These days our flight is called withdrawal instead of retreat...
The Russians have been conducting deliberate withdrawals. The speed of which they are doing so gives the impression that the staffwork was already done and these are contingency plans. They do not want to fight the Ukrainian masses with disadvantage and like the 1st withdrawal they aimed to preserve their units.

I have always interpreted the Kharkiv' axis as their secondary/insurance in case things go pear shaped.
Typical spin. And copying propaganda. Obviously the russian army could not be defeated according to some. 😂😂
Given all the armor it left behind, it looks more like fleeing after a breakthrough. Or maybe it was a gift for the Ukraine. 😂😂

Return to “Other eras”