news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Discussions on other historical eras.
johnwilliamhunter
Member
Posts: 171
Joined: 22 Jul 2003 14:56
Location: Australia

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by johnwilliamhunter » 26 Oct 2022 15:45

Ukraine have been attacking in Kherson, I see about 50 Ukrainian armored vehicles lost in attacks there in the last week.

Pyatykhatky is still under Russian control, Sablukivka and Kachkarivka are behind the Russian line.

An example of a typical scene.
kherson attack.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Cult Icon
Member
Posts: 4476
Joined: 08 Apr 2014 19:00

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Cult Icon » 26 Oct 2022 16:06

^
Pretty typical for Kherson, this has been going on for months.

User avatar
Cult Icon
Member
Posts: 4476
Joined: 08 Apr 2014 19:00

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Cult Icon » 27 Oct 2022 00:35

The governor of the Pskov region, Mikhail Vedernikov, visited the Zavelichye military training ground. Here the Russians are training newly mobilized reservists from Pskov, Novgorod and Saint Petersburg as replacement paratroops (VDV formations):

https://vk.com/milinfolive?z=video-1235 ... -123538639

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by Cult Icon on 27 Oct 2022 03:21, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Cult Icon
Member
Posts: 4476
Joined: 08 Apr 2014 19:00

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Cult Icon » 27 Oct 2022 00:38

The new Russian theater commander openly admitted in a recent interview that they have been deploying SU-57 in combat operations.

Tom Peters
Member
Posts: 1547
Joined: 04 Sep 2004 21:18
Location: GA

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Tom Peters » 27 Oct 2022 01:34

500,000 men mobilized ?

https://en.zona.media/article/2022/10/2 ... anddrafted

An interesting analysis of marriages after the mass conscription. They claim the data suggests that almost 500,000 have been conscripted recently, not the oft quoted 300,000.

This puts the total # of young people (mostly men) removed from the civilian economy at about 1 million (conscripted and escaped RU).

Mad Dog

User avatar
Cult Icon
Member
Posts: 4476
Joined: 08 Apr 2014 19:00

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Cult Icon » 27 Oct 2022 01:54

After threatening with nuclear weapons, Putin showed off his ICBMs like lil' Kim. :lol:






mezsat2
Member
Posts: 329
Joined: 05 Jun 2009 12:02

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by mezsat2 » 27 Oct 2022 09:30

Tom Peters wrote:
27 Oct 2022 01:34
500,000 men mobilized ?

https://en.zona.media/article/2022/10/2 ... anddrafted

An interesting analysis of marriages after the mass conscription. They claim the data suggests that almost 500,000 have been conscripted recently, not the oft quoted 300,000.

This puts the total # of young people (mostly men) removed from the civilian economy at about 1 million (conscripted and escaped RU).

Mad Dog
I don't think these conscripts will have many reservations in surrendering to Ukraine. They're not like the Einsatzgruppen or SS. That's why most didn't surrender at Stalingrad- they knew it would mean certain death.

User avatar
Cult Icon
Member
Posts: 4476
Joined: 08 Apr 2014 19:00

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Cult Icon » 27 Oct 2022 18:44

Reservists training on automatic grenade launchers

Image

Reservists training with ATGM in the Kaliningrad region.

Image

Image

Image

Gooner1
Member
Posts: 2792
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 12:24
Location: London

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Gooner1 » 27 Oct 2022 18:53

These propaganda pics of the Russian military really have little to do with 'news from the Russo-Ukraine Front' :roll:

User avatar
Westphalia1812
Member
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Jul 2019 20:01
Location: Germany

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Westphalia1812 » 27 Oct 2022 18:57

Gooner1 wrote:
27 Oct 2022 18:53
These propaganda pics of the Russian military really have little to do with 'news from the Russo-Ukraine Front' :roll:
At one point or another they are gonna be send into the storm...Its like saying the training of 352nd infantry had nothing to do with Ohama
Last edited by Westphalia1812 on 27 Oct 2022 18:59, edited 2 times in total.
I have been an atheist for most of my life but now I realize that I am God

User avatar
Westphalia1812
Member
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Jul 2019 20:01
Location: Germany

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Westphalia1812 » 27 Oct 2022 18:58

mezsat2 wrote:
27 Oct 2022 09:30
Tom Peters wrote:
27 Oct 2022 01:34
500,000 men mobilized ?

https://en.zona.media/article/2022/10/2 ... anddrafted

An interesting analysis of marriages after the mass conscription. They claim the data suggests that almost 500,000 have been conscripted recently, not the oft quoted 300,000.

This puts the total # of young people (mostly men) removed from the civilian economy at about 1 million (conscripted and escaped RU).

Mad Dog
I don't think these conscripts will have many reservations in surrendering to Ukraine. They're not like the Einsatzgruppen or SS. That's why most didn't surrender at Stalingrad- they knew it would mean certain death.
90.000 did 8O Millions did in 1945...
I have been an atheist for most of my life but now I realize that I am God

User avatar
Cult Icon
Member
Posts: 4476
Joined: 08 Apr 2014 19:00

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Cult Icon » 27 Oct 2022 19:01

These are from Russian news. They show what the inside of their training camps look like for reservists.

These are a welcome reprieve from the nonstop river of Ukrainian propaganda. :lol:

User avatar
Cult Icon
Member
Posts: 4476
Joined: 08 Apr 2014 19:00

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Cult Icon » 27 Oct 2022 19:07

500,000 mobilized?

So 1,000 new infantry battalions? :lol:

User avatar
peeved
Member
Posts: 9109
Joined: 01 Jul 2007 07:15
Location: Finland

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by peeved » 27 Oct 2022 19:47

PG-13 version of Ruffian army motto;
Doesn't include
"Murder, murder, murder,
Rape, rape, rape."
Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 22.33.24 1.png
Markus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Cult Icon
Member
Posts: 4476
Joined: 08 Apr 2014 19:00

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Cult Icon » 27 Oct 2022 21:13

The Russian army deployed, at max around 130 +'Battalion tactical groups' in this war. I don't recall the total number of BTGs claimed by the pentagon but it is IIRC over 170.

Typically, one Russian brigade can draw 3 of them out of its organization, each with the Western equivalent of a reinforced company of mechanized infantry. Russian artillery and higher skilled functions in the units are staffed by professional and contract troops while the infantry is the bottom of the barrel.

Now that they have the reservists activated, by doctrine each brigade should have 3 infantry battalions instead of 1 small battalion.

Overall they do not have enough units to closely integrate such a number of reservists and volunteers as infantry battalions at one time. Let's say that they deploy 130 infantry battalions- that is around 100,000 reservists/volunteers. Perhaps an army at max with 300,000 in the Ukraine itself, not including PMC, National Guard, and the Separatists.

Additional personnel would have be deployed as a 4th or perhaps! even a 5th attached battalion. It remains to be seen how the Russians plan on organizing and deploying their new army.

Return to “Other eras”