news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Discussions on other historical eras.
johnwilliamhunter

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by johnwilliamhunter » 05 Nov 2022 13:05

Sadly these guys could have used some training in how to spot mines.
bmpinfmine.jpg
bmpinfmine2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cult Icon

Post by Cult Icon » 05 Nov 2022 13:12

Some possibilities:

-Apparently the Russian army only wanted 220,000 reservists, not 318,000 claimed to be collected so far 11/4. This may be an indication of the Russian army's limits to how many their military infrastructure and units can support. If 50% go to combat units as their MOD claims that's 110,000 combat troops, with infantrymen the largest component. This is consistent with the theory that the Russian army's units have the infrastructure and equipment to support over 170 plus new reservist infantry battalions and little more. Beyond this they would have to create new battalions, disconnected from pre-war professional-contract unit infrastructure.

-If they are short of equipment and operate only 500 men per infantry battalion that would be around 130 new reservist infantry battalions containing a minimum of 65,000 permanent infantrymen in Ukraine, with continuous reinforcement flow.

-Maybe the Russian army in Ukraine will balloon up from 88,000 to 130,000 new personnel and stop for the time being?

-some signs that Russian mobilization infrastructure are preparing for a SECOND round of mobilization, meaning as this war goes on the Russian leadership would do another mobilization if needed.

johnwilliamhunter

Post by johnwilliamhunter » 05 Nov 2022 13:56

Gooner1 wrote:
04 Nov 2022 13:28
"probably", "likely", I'd take this to mean they have no evidence and are making it up. Russia say they same things about Ukraine, but I see no evidence of low morale or reluctance to fight on either side.

Cult Icon

Post by Cult Icon » 05 Nov 2022 14:03

johnwilliamhunter wrote:
05 Nov 2022 13:56
"probably", "likely", I'd take this to mean they have no evidence and are making it up. Russia say they same things about Ukraine, but I see no evidence of low morale or reluctance to fight on either side.
British intelligence memes in this war has been propaganda. I am disappointed, I thought that the British populace was more intelligent than this. I chalk my error to misconceptions from the roles they play in TV and film :lol:

The Russians have also claimed that Ukrainian "Nationalist battalions" are positioned behind Ukrainian conscripts and kill people who retreat. In reality both sides have very low prisoner of war counts, indicating stoicism.

This is literally BS stuff from WW2. I think a lot of propaganda is inspired from study of WW2. Waffen SS policing/shooting Heer, NKVD blocking detachments, etc.

In reality I expect the reservists will be useful in the defense.

Cult Icon

Post by Cult Icon » 05 Nov 2022 16:53

My favorite disclaimer:

"Note: ISW does not receive any classified material from any source, uses only publicly available information, and draws extensively on Russian, Ukrainian, and Western reporting and social media as well as commercially available satellite imagery and other geospatial data as the basis for these reports. References to all sources used are provided in the endnotes of each update. "

Meaning that neocon ISW is free to make up any "analysis" they want under the guise of expert, informed opinion backed by special, higher quality and non-propagandized sources. Everyday they make statements that have no factual basis, but sound smart and reasonable to their target audience, who are typically people who never read a military operations book in their whole life :lol:

peeved

Post by peeved » 05 Nov 2022 17:06

Cult Icon wrote:
05 Nov 2022 16:53
Meaning that neocon ISW is free to make up any "analysis" they want under the guise of expert, informed opinion backed by special, higher quality and unnpropagandized sources. Everyday they make statements that have no factual basis, but sound smart and reasonable to their target audience, who are typically people who never read a military operations book in their whole life
Everyday you make statements that have no factual basis and sound ridiculous to anyone except your target audience, who probably typically are pro-Orc trolls and other despicable nimnuls.

Markus

Gooner1

Post by Gooner1 » 05 Nov 2022 17:53

johnwilliamhunter wrote:
05 Nov 2022 13:56

"probably", "likely", I'd take this to mean they have no evidence and are making it up.
'Probably' and 'likely' are 'words of estimative probability' and used by intelligence agencies whilst propaganda departments prefer absolutes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Words_of_ ... robability

Gooner1

Post by Gooner1 » 05 Nov 2022 18:10

Cult Icon wrote:
05 Nov 2022 14:03
In reality both sides have very low prisoner of war counts, indicating stoicism.
Or that they are quick to run away .. that certainly seems the case in the Russian retreat from Kharkiv :D

Cult Icon

Post by Cult Icon » 05 Nov 2022 18:29

This was the primary source? :lol:

peeved

Post by peeved » 05 Nov 2022 18:53

"Enemy at the Gates, Soviet Charge Scene"
Cult Icon wrote:
05 Nov 2022 18:29
This was the primary source?
Since you are mathematically challenged it is not surprising to find that you are unable to put two and two together, and think that Western intelligence services use poor works of fiction as primary sources.
However the Orc pre-aggression "intel" and special needs murdering operation itself might just as well have been based on The Muppets Take Manhattan.

Markus

peeved

Post by peeved » 05 Nov 2022 19:00

Gooner1 wrote:
05 Nov 2022 18:10
Cult Icon wrote:
05 Nov 2022 14:03
In reality both sides have very low prisoner of war counts, indicating stoicism.
Or that they are quick to run away .. that certainly seems the case in the Russian retreat from Kharkiv :D
Not to mention that they obviously used barrier troops to fill the roads with an impregnable wall of abandoned equipment, thus slowing the Ukrainian attack down and facilitating the Orcs' rapid deplorable forces' reverse advancement.

Markus

Gooner1

Post by Gooner1 » 05 Nov 2022 21:22

Pretty interesting read from a Russian military reporter

Gooner1

Post by Gooner1 » 05 Nov 2022 21:25

Probably the only Russian solution is to throw masses of under trained conscripts at it.

peeved

Post by peeved » 05 Nov 2022 23:51

Moscow’s vaunted hacking capabilities, meanwhile, play a peripheral, rather than central, role in the Kremlin’s efforts to dismantle Ukrainian critical infrastructure.

“Why burn your cyber capabilities, if you’re able to accomplish the same goals through kinetic attacks?” a senior US official told CNN.

But experts who spoke to CNN suggest there is likely more to the question of why Russia’s cyberattacks haven’t made a more visible impact on the battlefield.

Effectively combining cyber and kinetic operations “requires a high degree of integrated planning and execution,” argued a US military official who focuses on cyber defense. “The Russians can’t even pull that sh*t off between their aviation, artillery and ground assault forces.”
https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-new ... index.html

Markus

peeved

Post by peeved » 05 Nov 2022 23:53

Gooner1 wrote:
05 Nov 2022 21:25
Probably the only Russian solution is to throw masses of under trained conscripts at it.
That in fact is an improvement in Ruffian behaviour. Usual Orc method of operation is: "When in doubt, kill civilians."

Markus

Return to “Other eras”