news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Discussions on other historical eras.
User avatar
Cult Icon
Member
Posts: 4481
Joined: 08 Apr 2014 19:00

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Cult Icon » 19 Mar 2023 04:25

"Prigozhin: the number of new fighters in the units of the PMC "Wagner" by May is planned to increase by 30,000 "

https://riafan.ru/23946386-prigozhin_ch ... 30_tisyach

ISW identified 62 recruiting stations all across Russia for Wagner PMC.

"According to him, sometimes up to 1200 people a day are recruited in regional centers. At the same time, the average number of candidates varies from 500 to 800 volunteers.

"Perhaps, after some time, this number of fighters, so to speak, recruits, it may decrease slightly. But, nevertheless, by mid-May, we plan that the number of fighters in the units will increase by about 30 thousand, "Prigozhin said.'

PMC is a growth industry in Russia, there is always some amount of people that would actually volunteer to do the most dangerous tasks.

An advertisement I saw for Wagner said "Join the Ministry of Attack", clearly a riff on the Ministry of Defense.

Sid Guttridge
Member
Posts: 10162
Joined: 12 Jun 2008 11:19

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Sid Guttridge » 19 Mar 2023 07:45

Hi Cult Icon,

"Russia's goal is not primarily territorial since July 2022. " is an interesting admission. So Russia's goal WAS primarily territorial before July 2022!

A very big win for Ukraine, I think, if it has secured national survival.

Cheers,

Sid.

Sid Guttridge
Member
Posts: 10162
Joined: 12 Jun 2008 11:19

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Sid Guttridge » 19 Mar 2023 07:54

Hi Yuri,

Your calculations are fantasy. You began by talking about tanks, but you now say you are basing your calculations on a percentage of an assumed rate of fire by howitzers of which you cannot possibly know the actual rate of fire.

GIGO - Garbage in, Garbage out.

Cheers,

Sid.

Sid Guttridge
Member
Posts: 10162
Joined: 12 Jun 2008 11:19

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Sid Guttridge » 19 Mar 2023 08:04

Hi Cult Icon,

This is a history forum, not a Russian propaganda site. "Prighozin says....." is not an adequate substitute for facts.

Putin has allowed Wagner, the Chechens, DPR and LPR forces to operate semi-independently because he is politically worried at the prospect of Russian conscripts and reservists being killed in large numbers. However, if he wants to win, he will have to start committing more ordinary Russians, because neither his regular forces nor his Wagner/Chechen/LPR/DPR stand-ins have succeeded. There are already large numbers of videos of Russian reservists complaining directly to Putin that they are being used without adequate leadership, training and equipment. He has a fine line to tread.

Cheers,

Sid

User avatar
Aida1
Member
Posts: 4512
Joined: 04 Aug 2019 08:46
Location: Brussels

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Aida1 » 19 Mar 2023 09:34

Gooner1 wrote:
18 Mar 2023 19:11
Cult Icon wrote:
18 Mar 2023 15:14
A miracle with strategic level impact needs to happens in the 'spring offensive'. It is time for diplomacy.
Hmmmmm... the Russians would say that, I think Ukraine and its supporters will be content to wait the impact of the 300 Western tanks and IFVs and the Western trained battalions first.
Cult icon is getting desperate. :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Aida1
Member
Posts: 4512
Joined: 04 Aug 2019 08:46
Location: Brussels

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Aida1 » 19 Mar 2023 09:37

Westphalia1812 wrote:
19 Mar 2023 04:09
mezsat2 wrote:
19 Mar 2023 03:27
If Putin/Medvedev wants to destroy humanity over this nonsensical, pointless invasion, so be it. You're not going to rape and murder innocents.
Trying to divert attention from Putins warcrimes does not make much of an impression. :roll:

User avatar
Aida1
Member
Posts: 4512
Joined: 04 Aug 2019 08:46
Location: Brussels

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Aida1 » 19 Mar 2023 09:40

Michael Kenny wrote:
19 Mar 2023 03:28
Tom Peters wrote:
19 Mar 2023 01:16


Or you could just wait for the inevitable cratering of the RU economy. RU has lost almost half is revenue from petro sales. And increased its military spending.

The Russians are not going to 'crater'. They , and their friends, can survive and more importantly the rest of the world has woken up to how vulnerable they are to rely on western banking. These countries saw what happened to western 'allies' who fall out of favour. The killing of Gaddafi and Saddam and the casting adrift of the Kurds and Afghanistan opened many eyes as to the wisdom of counting on the west to honour its commitments. The Saudis now take payment for their oil in currencies other than the dollar. The world is changing and the actions against Russia have dispelled any doubts as to the need for a rival finance system.
The typical extreme leftist anti western delusion. :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Georg_S
Forum Staff
Posts: 5565
Joined: 08 Dec 2016 12:37
Location: Sweden

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Georg_S » 19 Mar 2023 09:43

A post with dead people was deleted. Even if AHF deals with war, we don't need to see graphic photos from a current war.

Best regards
Georg
"Information not shared, is lost"

Personal Blog - http://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspot.com/
Support AHF - app.php/support
My Project - www.führerliste.com
Contact: [email protected]

User avatar
Yuri
Member
Posts: 1969
Joined: 01 Jun 2006 11:24
Location: Russia

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Yuri » 19 Mar 2023 09:48

Sid Guttridge wrote:
19 Mar 2023 07:54
Hi Yuri,

Your calculations are fantasy. You began by talking about tanks, but you now say you are basing your calculations on a percentage of an assumed rate of fire by howitzers of which you cannot possibly know the actual rate of fire.

GIGO - Garbage in, Garbage out.

Cheers,

Sid.
Hello, dear Sid!
What can I say about this next opus of yours?
In short, the following.
1. The essence of the problem under consideration is not about tanks and not about howitzers, but about "shell hunger" and the possibilities of the opposing sides to rid their guns of this scourge. In particular, about the capabilities of the NATO bloc to feed 155 mm guns mounted on the Leoprad 2 tank and similar cute predatory animals (Challenger 2, ABRAMS, Leclerc and others).
2. Comparison of the guns that are installed on the Germans Leopard 2 tank and the tracked tarantass of the PzH2000 type is entered correctly as we have:
- one (German) school of gun designers;
- one caliber (155 mm) guns;
- almost the same length of the barrel - 55 and 52 calibers, respectively;
- comparable loaded ammunition - 60 and 42 shells, respectively.
3. We know, not from Putin's propaganda, but from the Germans themselves, that Ukrainian gunners fired from guns mounted on a tracked tarantass of the PzH2000 type, more than 100 shells or 2.5 loaded ammunition in one day of this tarantass.
4. The complex gun control mechanism of a tracked tarantass of the Pz2000 type imposes restrictions on its maximum performance, namely, no more than 100 shots. There is no such problem with the Leopard 2 tank, and apparently the gun of this tank has a maximum performance of more than 100 shots per day. This circumstance further aggravates the depravity of Your counterargument.

Each of us is full of sins. One of the most vicious sins is the refusal to admit to your own mistakes.
Overcoming sin is a very hard work on yourself.
But no difficulties should stop us, so I wish you success in overcoming your sin, which we have been able to identify here together. Having no doubt that you will overcome all obstacles on the way to achieving this noble goal.

P. S.
As for who of us litters the forum with garbage, and who takes out this garbage, I suggest we leave it to the members of this forum.
This concludes the discussion with you on the problem of "shell starvation" on my part.

ljadw
Member
Posts: 15680
Joined: 13 Jul 2009 17:50

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by ljadw » 19 Mar 2023 10:45

Tom Peters wrote:
19 Mar 2023 01:04
ljadw wrote:
18 Mar 2023 15:08
Tom Peters wrote:
17 Mar 2023 22:08

NATO isnt even trying. The US, tomorrow, could ship millions of rounds of artillery shells if we wanted to. NATO nations could ship more planes and tanks today.

Its not "unable". Its "unwilling".
US claims to have 4000 + Abrams and promises to send 31 Abrams to Ukraine, something which will take a year .
But these 39 Abrams will not come from the reserve of 4000 + Abrams, as this would not benefit the military-industrial complex and Hunter Biden , no : the WH has ordered GD to produce 31 new Abrams,at a cost of 310 million USD, to be paid by the US taxpayer .
it would appear that we are agreeing - unable/unwilling ?

Mad Dog
Or both ?
Whatever, the conclusion is that we should not believe ONE word from the DC propaganda .
If US can't send 31 tanks from its reserve of 4000 tanks, this means the total moral bankruptcy of the people from the Oval Office and Capitol Hill :40 billion have been wasted on the production of 4000 tanks .
If US can send 31 tanks but refuses to do it, this means that the Oval Office and Capitol Hill are lying to the American people, to Ukraine and to the rest of the world ,since February 2022 .
This means also that the European countries have no reason to spend billions to help Ukraine .

User avatar
Empiricist
Member
Posts: 443
Joined: 03 Jun 2021 11:22
Location: European Union

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Empiricist » 19 Mar 2023 10:45

Putler attacked Ukraine in order to liquidate Ukrainian "nazis".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ljadw
Member
Posts: 15680
Joined: 13 Jul 2009 17:50

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by ljadw » 19 Mar 2023 10:47

Sid Guttridge wrote:
19 Mar 2023 07:45
Hi Cult Icon,

"Russia's goal is not primarily territorial since July 2022. " is an interesting admission. So Russia's goal WAS primarily territorial before July 2022!

A very big win for Ukraine, I think, if it has secured national survival.

Cheers,

Sid.
Russia.s goal was never territorial .

ljadw
Member
Posts: 15680
Joined: 13 Jul 2009 17:50

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by ljadw » 19 Mar 2023 10:50

Sid Guttridge wrote:
19 Mar 2023 08:04
Hi Cult Icon,

This is a history forum, not a Russian propaganda site. "Prighozin says....." is not an adequate substitute for facts.

Putin has allowed Wagner, the Chechens, DPR and LPR forces to operate semi-independently because he is politically worried at the prospect of Russian conscripts and reservists being killed in large numbers. However, if he wants to win, he will have to start committing more ordinary Russians, because neither his regular forces nor his Wagner/Chechen/LPR/DPR stand-ins have succeeded. There are already large numbers of videos of Russian reservists complaining directly to Putin that they are being used without adequate leadership, training and equipment. He has a fine line to tread.

Cheers,

Sid
Russian reservists are complaining directly to Putin ?
I thought that Putin was a new Stalin ,at least that is what the DC propaganda tells us .

ljadw
Member
Posts: 15680
Joined: 13 Jul 2009 17:50

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by ljadw » 19 Mar 2023 10:55

Tom Peters wrote:
19 Mar 2023 01:11
ljadw wrote:
18 Mar 2023 18:08
Sid Guttridge wrote:
18 Mar 2023 09:34
Putin is reportedly going to honour the Russian pilot who brought down the US drone!

So, poor old Russia is reduced to honouring pilots who bring down an unmanned, unarmed, neutral aircraft over international waters?

No wonder the Russians won't fly over Ukraine when they can become an "ace" without risk!

Cheers,

Sid.
This is 2023, not 1940 : the epoch of aces is over .
And while the US drone was unmanned and unarmed, it was not neutral,as its aim was to spy for Ukraine .
Prove it.

As of now, the RU shot down an unarmed drone in international waters. There will likely be repercussions.

Mad Dog
The only explanation for a US drone operating close to a war zone,is to gather information,information about the Russians, to be delivered to Ukraine .

ljadw
Member
Posts: 15680
Joined: 13 Jul 2009 17:50

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by ljadw » 19 Mar 2023 11:08

mezsat2 wrote:
19 Mar 2023 02:12
Tom Peters wrote:
19 Mar 2023 01:19
Yuri wrote:
18 Mar 2023 20:42

To my great regret, Your argument about ridiculous of my calculations cannot be accepted. And here's why.
1. In Your calculation, the maximum possible number of hours of car operation per year is taken: 24/365.
However, we know that Ukrainian gunners produce more than 100 shots a day from 155 mm self-propelled howitzer PzH2000, which, by the way, has become one of the numerous reasons for the breakdowns of these fabulously expensive tracked tarantas.
No Yuri. Some PzH.2000 are shooting 100/day, on some sectors, and some days. Im sure the GE are taking notes as how to improve the model.

Yes, the Pz.H.2000 need some repairs. So what ? They are repaired for free in other countries.

Mad Dog
Overall, the UFA has more than enough 155 SPGs. Why? Lack of ammo. There's no need to provide guns which have no ammo.

Based on Russia's barbaric activities, I cannot understand why the US will not ship the over 1 million stored 155 cluster shells to
Ukraine.
You are very naive, if you don't understand it .
Why should the US ship 155 cluster shells to Ukraine, if it is possible ?
Will it help Ukraine ?
When will these shells arrive at the front ?
Is this good for the military-industrial complex ?
Is it good for the reelection chances of Joe ? Next year there are elections and that is the only thing Joe cares about :the Ukrainians can't vote for him .
Joe was vice-president when the Russians invaded Ukraine in 2014 and what did Joe ? NOTHING .
Everything Joe is doing since February last year is determined by the question if it helps his reelection .
And it is the same for those on Capitol Hill .

Return to “Other eras”