trujillo, dictator of the dominican republic

Discussions on other historical eras.
Balrog

trujillo, dictator of the dominican republic

Post by Balrog » 13 Sep 2003 15:44

i am looking for photos and information on the trujillo dictatorship of the domincan republic.

i have never seen a photo of colonel "johnny" abbes, the head of the SIM(military intelligence unit). he was a large man who made his way rapidly up the ranks by assassinating trujillo's opponents in mexico city(where he posed as a university student/anti trujillo exile) and numerous other killings and even was rumored to have been involved in the murder of the honduran president and was part of the conspiracy to kill president bettancourt of venezuela. abbes would end his life being murdered by the ton ton macout of haitian dictator papa doc.

does anyone have a photo of president bettancourt after he was wounded in the murder attempt? he was supposed to have held up his burned hands on television.

any photos of trujillo in any uniform or situation.

i am looking for information on the domincan military under trujillo, especially photos.

does anyone have a photo of the domincan republic's military academy?

does anyone have photos of trujillo's assassins, especially antonio de lamaza?

any information about the domincan navy under trujillo which was larger than any navy in the caribbean or central american, even larger than mexico's. the closet nation with a larger navy was venezuela.

any information on the trujillo dictatorship would be helpful.

radu

Post by radu » 13 Sep 2003 23:30

radu

Post by radu » 13 Sep 2003 23:41

Balrog

Post by Balrog » 14 Sep 2003 16:41

yes, thank you for the links. i had come across them earlier. they are intresting but is am still looking for more information.

thank you radu for the links.

Return to “Other eras”