Descendants of William the Conqueror

Discussions on other historical eras.
Attila the Hunking

Descendants of William the Conqueror

Post by Attila the Hunking » 23 Sep 2003 23:17

Maybe you'll consider this being a useless information... But did you know that US-President Richard Nixon descended from William the Conqueror?

http://users.legacyfamilytree.com/USPresidents/Royalpresidents.htm#37th%20President

Gespenst

Post by Gespenst » 24 Sep 2003 12:59

In the same branch with Nixon (and G. Ford) there is a George Herbert Walker Bush, 41st president of The United States of America, making his son George Walker Bush also a descendant of William.

Attila the Hunking

Post by Attila the Hunking » 24 Sep 2003 13:57

No wonder that George Jr. has both a strong desire for power expansion by force of arms and the willingsness to deceive the puplic! :wink:

Gespenst

Post by Gespenst » 24 Sep 2003 17:03

Are you referring to William, or to the branch of Edward I?
You should place your words with caution, since according to the site, gentlemen George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and the Roosevelts also have their ancestry in the family tree of William, although those four are catalogued in the branch of Edward III.

I do not trust the content of the site fully, but it would seem to be educated and logical enough to comment on.

Attila the Hunking

Post by Attila the Hunking » 24 Sep 2003 22:57

I'm referring to William for he deceived the puplic of his time several times
by making false claims of having inherited the reign of the estates he desired to take over. The anglo-saxon Kingdom was only the most famous case.

Return to “Other eras”