Rumanian-Hungarian armed conflict in 1918-1919

Discussions on other historical eras.
MagyarCrusader

Post by MagyarCrusader » 14 Apr 2002, 20:10

Abel, before you get into any debates here with Ceausescu's minions you should probably know what they think of you and your country.

Most of the Romanias here have grown up in a country that does not allow free thought, therefore they see anyone who disagrees with them violating their cultural rules and be a threat to themselves and their families.
Cezarprimo can be quoted saying your country is a garbage bucket of history.
Ovidius has mourned over Romania's mistake of letting Hungarians live after 1920 instead of giving Hitler a lesson on how to exterminate his enemies. :(

Just thought you should know this before you make the same mistake I did and hope people will take non partial views of history and think for themselves. :(

IAR80

re

Post by IAR80 » 15 Apr 2002, 21:25

MagyarCrusader... Haven't heard from you in a while...
I see you haven't changed a bit. That means that this forum is a lot more livelier with another extremist running around.

Abel, take my word for it, not all that MagyarCrusader says it's true. I live in Romania so it's kinda logical I know what's happening here. I quite doubt the fact the "Ceausescu's minions" would be hanging around a WWII forum, much less a computer.
Also MagyarCrusader isn't all angel, if you wanna be democratic and reasonable about it you should check out the archives and see what he posted. I think it makes interesting revisionist read IMHO.
Anyways, hope to hear more from you...

Ovidius

Post by Ovidius » 16 Apr 2002, 01:14

1. Cezarprimo did not claim to be Romanian.

2. MagyarCrusader had some pretty weird ideas. He had hinted in the past that in Transylvania in 1918 the Romanians were not a majority, and they were afterwards just because they eliminated somehow the Magyars(gaschambers? mass shootings? :? )

3. The same MagyarCrusader had always hinted that he considers the Romanians to be some kind of genocidal savages, and on the same time he claimed the Magyars to be victims, because this fits in the Holocaustorian bubble of the Westerners(Kosovo "mass graves" etc) and it's supposed to gain sympathy. :(

4. The same MC had always claimed to fight for human rights etc and this again because it fits the interventionist policy of the modern West(Yugoslavia 1999 and the quest for "minorities' rights") :(

5. Therefore, the hypocrisy of the named MC has again shown itself.

6. I don't even think he is a Magyar; as he claimed to be an American resident, MC appears to be some sort of NATO propagandist who in 1999 was telling how should the Yugoslavs give up a piece of land(Kosovo) without any attempt to resist, because this is what "human rights" dictate. Now he has found another subject to dissecate :D :D again with "human rights" :)

~Ovidius

MagyarCrusader

Post by MagyarCrusader » 16 Apr 2002, 01:45

IAR80, lets have less bullshit out of you and more facts. Then we'll talk.

Ovidius,
He had hinted in the past that in Transylvania in 1918 the Romanians were not a majority, and they were afterwards just because they eliminated somehow the Magyars(gaschambers? mass shootings? )
According to census data, no ethnic group made up 50% or more of Transylvania. But you are correct, a contradiction to Ceausescu's teachings would seem "weird."
The same MagyarCrusader had always hinted that he considers the Romanians to be some kind of genocidal savages, and on the same time he claimed the Magyars to be victims, because this fits in the Holocaustorian bubble of the Westerners(Kosovo "mass graves" etc) and it's supposed to gain sympathy.
I am not surprised you don't think genocide is a bad thing. I've read your posts, including your previous one in this thread.
The same MC had always claimed to fight for human rights etc and this again because it fits the interventionist policy of the modern West(Yugoslavia 1999 and the quest for "minorities' rights")
You say that like its an insult.
Therefore, the hypocrisy of the named MC has again shown itself.
You lost me there.
I don't even think he is a Magyar; as he claimed to be an American resident,
*gasp! Ovidius actually believes in something that happens to be true! That's a naughty habbit for a Romanian revisionist.

I could post about the attrocities commited against Hungarians in Transylvania, mostly from non-Hungarian sorces. But last time this topic came up it was quickly stiffled by the moderators. Therefore I will leave you peacefully in your "bubble" world.

Cezarprimo

Just ignore him...

Post by Cezarprimo » 16 Apr 2002, 10:22

Gentlemen, we all know MagyarCrusader, why lose our time with him ?
As for Abel, just look in the old forum in the thread about Romania and the Vienna awards, you will see why I don't discuss with MagyarCrusader, nor do I give a damm for his fantasies.

As for me saying Hungary is a garbage bucket of history, what can I say, the lad can't even cite correctly (which I already knew from the way he cited Herodotus in one of our discussions :P ), for all those interested look in the old forum under the polls section, page 5, thread: "Where the Vienna Awards justified and fair ?" and judge for yourselfs.

Now comming back to our nice discussion, an annexation of Hungary in 1919-1920, even if woulf have been possible, which I strongly doubt because of the opposition of the Entente, would have been entirely counterproductive. Would have ended in a civil war, with an international public opinion stired in Hungary's favor, thus on the long run Romania would have lost dearly.

Ovidius, if you were really serious about "teaching future Chancellor Hitler a lesson", just look what this kind of policy brought Germany...

Regards

IAR80

re

Post by IAR80 » 16 Apr 2002, 21:18

Well isn't that nice...
MagyarCrusader,what facts? I was just welcoming Abel Ravasz to this forum, also warning him of any offensive contents he may find in you posts, and since I was on the subject I appealed to the figment of skepciticsm that exists in every man and asked him to check what was the other side's story. Also I remarked the science-fiction literary value your posts carry. What facts? I was just extending a handshake to Abel and you come out of nowhere and spit me... I'd like to see extremism in some prudent indications and common sense in your last post...
P.S. : Don't worry guys, I'm just playing around with our fearless crusader here. I like paying around with him before he realises his posts fall in the "rantings" section. I always get a good laugh... You should try by exposing him via fine irony too, it makes you feel accomplished.

MagyarCrusader

Re: re

Post by MagyarCrusader » 17 Apr 2002, 00:24

IAR80 wrote: P.S. : Don't worry guys, I'm just playing around with our fearless crusader here. I like paying around with him before he realises his posts fall in the "rantings" section. I always get a good laugh... You should try by exposing him via fine irony too, it makes you feel accomplished.
Only a bigot could find humor in a topic concerning genocide, but that seems to me the norm around here. When the people here discard their fascist dogmas and stop closing topics where I may post facts in, then we'll talk.

Ovidius

Post by Ovidius » 17 Apr 2002, 00:40

A little info for MagyarCrusader:

The word "Genocide" was not used in 1919, during the Romanian-Magyar conflict. It was first publicized in 1946, due to some funny guys who thought that it would be a funny and humorous thing to stage a mock-trial to other guys and then hang them. :( At least they kept the correct order: first the Nuremberg Kangaroo Court, then the hanging. :) Some guys around here are ready to do the opposite :D

~Ovidius

IAR80

re

Post by IAR80 » 17 Apr 2002, 16:30

Only a bigot could find humor in a topic concerning genocide, but that seems to me the norm around here. When the people here discard their fascist dogmas and stop closing topics where I may post facts in, then we'll talk."

Hah, hah...
There's my good laugh for the day. What fascist dogmas? I was merely implying some things and intentionately avoiding any offensive words since we are all civilized persons, right? You believe whatever you want to believe, but I don't think it is fit for a "Crusader" and a "Magyar" one even to use such unchecked laguage such as "IAR80, lets have less bullshit out of you and more facts. Then we'll talk. " and "fascist dogmas ", especially when that particular crusader treasures the noble descent of his people so much. It is very dishonoring.
:) :) :) :) :)

P.S. : Liked that one, guys?

dldrV

For a dear friend: MagyarCrusader

Post by dldrV » 21 Apr 2002, 09:25

To the infamous “MagyarCrusader”, you talk about atrocities in Transilvania and genocide. The genocide was bigger in Hungary than it was in Romania. Also, check out the atrocities that the Hungarian soldiers committed it Transilvania during the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The Romanian people which always represented the majority (statistics made at that time by the Empire showed that not Ceausescu’s minions ;) ) had no right whatsoever during Imperial occupation. The murders and atrocities you talk about existed, the difference is the Hungarians were the aggressors, and the Romanian peoples (mostly peasants) the victims. I will come back with documentation to support my affirmations, unlike you who, I at least, never saw a fact to support you affirmations. What was funny in the other posts was not the genocide. Your attitude towards problems is funny in a messed up way. People like you deserve to live in a special kind of institutions, not set free to pollute forums with opinions which are so fanatical that nobody wants to listen to them. For speakers of Romanian, the site http://www.legiunea.com contains a document about the HUNGARIAN atrocities under the link “Urmasii lui Attila” (I don’t know if I spelled Attila well and frankly I don’t care). I will translate this document for our dear civilized and cultured friend MagyarCrusader. Also I would ask you MC to come with arguments before you talk, or should I say attack? :x
Respect y'all, and may Romania live forever![/url]
History is unjust. We can only compare views, we can’t change what happend.

Abel Ravasz

Post by Abel Ravasz » 21 Apr 2002, 18:55

I don’t know if I spelled Attila well and frankly I don’t care
Nice, if you say that
...our dear civilized and cultured friend MagyarCrusader
than I could say

our dear very well civilised and cultured friend dldrV. :D
Keep to the topic, and don't make things worse by posting agressive posts.
with respect

Abel

Abel Ravasz

Post by Abel Ravasz » 21 Apr 2002, 19:14

And to the topic. I don't think that the annexion of Hungary into Romania would have been a good idea. And I don't say this from my guts. The Magyar people have lived in a separate state for almost 900 years before the time. After the 1848 revolution, a fine example of the will for the freedom of the nation, ended in a bloody defeat (by Russia and Austria), and the loss of independence. Finally, when the country again gained a so-so independence after WWI for a brief period (the Karolyi regime), none of the people would have accepted another rule over the nation, Romania topping the list with the other states of the Petite Entente. If so, another revolution would have ocurred, with a great advantage to the Romanian side. You must understand, though, that Romania could have not won this "civil war" war (sorry) : in case of a defeat by the hungarians (highly unlikely), its obvious, in case of victory, the Entente's response: everybody would have noticed that in fact Romania can't handle the situation in the country, and dismissed this utopic union (or annexion) of the two countries. And, last but not the least, the Versailles and Trianon treaties gave rights to every nation to have a power to rule over its own people, even the losers got the rights over their own states.

Abel

P.S.

Thank you all for handshakes, hints etc etc.
Now I don't feel new any more :oops: :D :D :D

dldrV

Please forgive me!

Post by dldrV » 21 Apr 2002, 19:39

:cry: Sorry for posting an aggresive post. It was not intended to offend anybody but magyarcrusader. His "way with words" made me angry.

MagyarCrusader

Re: Please forgive me!

Post by MagyarCrusader » 22 Apr 2002, 04:13

dldrV wrote::cry: Sorry for posting an aggresive post. It was not intended to offend anybody but magyarcrusader. His "way with words" made me angry.
:lol:
I read your other post, although I don't think you've read mine. I mentioned how last time I posted my arguments about genocide the topic got shut down by a moderator. I respect the rules of this site so I'm not going to do that again. I will say this though. If I was BSing, then people like Funar would not get elected term after term. And if the Romanians here were so ethnically tolerant as they claimed to be, they would have denounced him by now, instead of stating there are no ethnic problems in Romania today. :lol:
I was just warning Abel not to spent to much time conversing with imperialist scum who do nothing but acuse and deny. You can have your fun and throw a little "bash the human rights activist" party, but nobody changes their views based on what some punk posts on a forum.

dldrV

Post by dldrV » 22 Apr 2002, 04:46

The problems are not caused by the Romanians. They are caused by the Hungarians who are hateful on Romanians and have a policy of driving Romanians out of those lands. The Hungarian government aids them in their cause with money. That's what is all about, not teaching Hungarian kids their history. It's all about taking Transilvania away from us.
How can you accuse of discrimination? Well, maybe the Romanian people are discriminated but not the Hungarian. There are a few counties where you cannot hold legal office unless you speak Hungarian. That's in Romania!!!!!!!!!!!! So you can shut your pie-hole and stop talking all that crap. The truth is not on your side!
May Romania live forever!
P.S. I read enough of your posts to know what's in your head.
And who is BSing?

Return to “Other eras”