Postwar relationship between Vietnam & China

Discussions on other historical eras.
Chinese-Empire

Re: Border-War

Post by Chinese-Empire » 06 Dec 2005, 06:09

First Joint Sino-Vietnamese Operation Against Heroin

Chinese and Vietnamese police launched a joint anti-heroin campaign on December 1, the first of its kind in the border area and lasting around 40 days.

The two countries share a land border of over 2,370 kilometers and, as relations have improved in recent years, they have witnessed a booming frontier trade. Taking Puzhai -- a two-square-kilometer border village -- as an example, it has more than 1,000 stores and receives nearly 30,000 travelers each day from Vietnam, Thailand and the mainland.

But this flourishing business has also made the region a haunt of international heroin traffickers.

Chinese police officer and a military policemen exchanging opinions.

In November, southwest China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region and the neighboring Vietnamese province of Lang Son decided to tackle the increasingly prevalent heroin trade together.

On December 6, Guangxi police tracked down a Vietnamese woman in Puzhai, seizing over 9,600 grams of heroin from her suitcase and hotel room.

Between December 20 and 22, 900 police officers from Pingxiang City, and Ningming, Longzhou and Daxin counties destroyed a number of traffickers' hideouts and arrested more than 150 drug users.

One 15-year-old boy was apprehended for smuggling in the border village of Tudigong. During his interrogation, the teenager showed composure beyond his age as he explained, "My relative married a Vietnamese woman. She taught me how to smuggle drugs. And for each pack she paid me 10 yuan."

Chinese policemen lie in wait for ambush

"We already paid his tuition," his parents complained. "He left school and engaged in drug trafficking all day long, turning a deaf ear to other people's advice."

A disturbing scene was uncovered in one of the village's houses: bloody disposable syringes and packing paper were scattered all around, and graffiti in chalk on a paint-peeled wall read, "Baifen (heroin) thirsty? Welcome to the village."

Pointing to another house not far away, a pupil living in the village said: "There are more syringes there. They used to sell drugs in that house. Later addicts hid there to use drugs."

When asked whether he knew using heroin was a crime, the pupil replied: "Of course. My teacher said people could contract HIV by using drugs."

Ningming County shares a boundary of over 200 kilometers with Vietnam, and has four townships along its border where the heroin trade has run rampant. During the December 21 action, police smashed 18 dealers' hideouts and detained 91 suspected drug users.

Chinese military policemen patrolling the border area

Since heroin use started to gain ground in China in the 1980s, its use and smuggling have strengthened the prevalence of organized crime as well as the spread of infections like HIV and hepatitis. This has caused tremendous losses in both human and pecuniary terms.

By the end of 2003, there were a total of 1.05 million registered drug users, of whom 74 percent were classified as young people. The situation continues to deteriorate; according to Yang Fengrui, director of the Ministry of Public Security's Anti-drug Bureau, of the nation's total 2,863 counties, 2,201 reported drug cases last year.

Anti-terrorism force

Luo Feng, vice minister of public security, said a draft anti-drug law will be submitted to the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress (NPC) for examination and approval this year. It is expected to be formally promulgated in 2006.

Meanwhile, over recent years cooperation has been strengthened with Vietnam, Laos and Myanmar to fight drug trafficking together. As the notorious Golden Triangle has moved northward, Guangxi has become another transfer station, following Yunnan.

Mounting supply has led to widespread consumption. Since the first heroin user was reported here in 1988, by June 2003 the number of registered users in the autonomous region exceeded 50,000 and continues to rise.

Sources with Guangxi's Department of Public Security said the Sino-Vietnamese joint anti-drug campaign aims to crack down on international drug dealers, reduce illegal drug entry to a minimum, and eventually, turn the frontier into a heroin-free area.

[text source : http://www.china.org.cn/english/2005/Jan/118781.htm[/quote]

[picture source : http://www.gazx.gov.cn/text_view.asp?newsID=8513[/quote]

lei_lord_demon

Post by lei_lord_demon » 06 Dec 2005, 06:14

Detian water fall- Ban Gioc water fall
I know a story. In 2000s, Vietnamese builded travel hotel in this, far from border 1km!
Chinese were destroyed it in one night!Where is Vietnam territory??

Chinese-Empire

Post by Chinese-Empire » 06 Dec 2005, 06:18

lei_lord_demon wrote:Old Vietnamese border soldiers and Young Chinese border soldier!
Happy face????I think they are playing basket ball!

More happy face by the Vietnam defense minster during his visit to China. I think its around this year.

Chinese-Empire

Post by Chinese-Empire » 06 Dec 2005, 06:21

lei_lord_demon wrote:Detian water fall- Ban Gioc water fall
I know a story. In 2000s, Vietnamese builded travel hotel in this, far from border 1km!
Is it a story created by someone or is it real? if its real just show me the proof.

Chinese-Empire

Post by Chinese-Empire » 06 Dec 2005, 06:27

Mine-clearing operation by Chinese border soldiers

Blowing up the mines

Transporting mine clearing equipments

lei_lord_demon

Post by lei_lord_demon » 06 Dec 2005, 06:28

China - Viet Nam soldiers burial ground! Who falled pre border-war time!

Chinese-Empire

Post by Chinese-Empire » 06 Dec 2005, 06:30

Vietnamese generals attending a international military meetings~~

lei_lord_demon

Post by lei_lord_demon » 06 Dec 2005, 06:50

Chinese-Empire wrote:
Is it a story created by someone or is it real? if its real just show me the proof.
I not know this story is true or not! It from Vietnamese website! Look like other story about China sell Vietnam land( i knew it from Chinese mem in a China website) or Vietnam sell China land in 2001 border convention.
But 2 year ago, when i visit border, i can see the conflict by Chinese-Vietnamese (except soldiers - or not in uniform). Not defferent pre-1979!

Chinese-Empire

Post by Chinese-Empire » 06 Dec 2005, 07:10

lei_lord_demon wrote:
Chinese-Empire wrote:
I not know this story is true or not! It from Vietnamese website! Look like other story about China sell Vietnam land( i knew it from Chinese mem in a China website) or Vietnam sell China land in 2001 border convention.
But 2 year ago, when i visit border, i can see the conflict by Chinese-Vietnamese (except soldiers - or not in uniform). Not defferent pre-1979!
If that's not lead by Army, then its not considered a War. Just Like people fight in school or in any other places. And no one can guarantee that people can't fight in border for whatever reason. And you are taking that as war?
You know many drug sellers are doing their bussiness around The border right? Policemen from both sides are catching those drug sellers. and i think you misunderstood the conflics between Police forces and gangsters as War~~
The world we live in now is very different from the past. any smallest incident happened in any part of the world would be shown clearly to the public by media. Just like the former Chinese officers from healthy ministry lied to the public about the SARS cases. But media uncovered the truth and the ministers lose their jobs. Even a small news like someone is keeping a three foot chicken can be a headline of the news as well. WAR is a big news. if war is still going on, we would have been watching the breaking news on News channels of all around the world everyday. It is very difficult to hide a news like War as it involves too many people. it can't be kept secretly. and there's no reason hiding the news if there are wars going on.

And I don't think a defense minister and a president of a country would visit to another country if there are wars going on between both sides~~

lei_lord_demon

Post by lei_lord_demon » 16 Jan 2006, 14:19

DaiViet

Post by DaiViet » 17 Sep 2006, 09:27

I think China should return Hoang Sa (Shisha in Chinese) and Truong Sa (Nansha in Chinese) to its genuine owner Vietnam

Acolyte

Post by Acolyte » 18 Sep 2006, 16:33

lei_lord_demon wrote:Wrong way!"lao shan" in Chinese - "lão sơn" in vnmese - "old mountain" in English is name Sino call many Highround - ViXuyen district, Ha giang province of Vietnam (near Yunnan province-China).These are 1509 - 1200 -1100.....5 HG i not remember!
in 1984 PLA take control laoshan, 1984-1987 PVA retake HG except 1509HG.
PLA withdraw 1509 in 1991. Now Laoshan is in Vietnam territory.

Vietnamese don not know what "laoshan" means. Funny! VNmese in mixed of Han-Chinese and Viet-Nom word! This mean VNmese can know Hanword.Uncle Hồ - "Hồ Chí Minh" is 100% han-type name!"Trường Sơn" mountain in VNmese in "Chiangshan" in China!....
OK, so the PLA went over the Sino-Vietnamese border in 1984, captured Mount Laoshan, and didn't completely pull back from Vietnamese territory until 1991?

CVwar

Post by CVwar » 18 Jun 2007, 00:45

I like the topic of china-vietnam war ,why is it locked?we can share informations in that topic.[/quote]

CVwar

Post by CVwar » 18 Jun 2007, 00:49

DaiViet wrote:I think China should return Hoang Sa (Shisha in Chinese) and Truong Sa (Nansha in Chinese) to its genuine owner Vietnam
china think Hoang Sa and Truong Sa is belong to china .the fact is Vietnam occupied most of Truong Sa islands.

CVwar

Post by CVwar » 18 Jun 2007, 00:54

lei_lord_demon wrote:China - Viet Nam soldiers burial ground! Who falled pre border-war time!
Hello,lei_lord_demon
I am confused , did the chinese soldiers KIA and vietnnam KIA buried together?

Return to “Other eras”