Postwar relationship between Vietnam & China

Discussions on other historical eras.
wildfire

Post by wildfire » 20 Jun 2007, 23:14

CVwar wrote:
lei_lord_demon wrote:China - Viet Nam soldiers burial ground! Who falled pre border-war time!
Hello,lei_lord_demon
I am confused , did the chinese soldiers KIA and vietnnam KIA buried together?

PLA (China military force) was taking care of US air force during the whole Vietnam war, long before Sino-Vietnam conflict. Some 100,000 anti-air force troops and consultat officers were sent to help the vietnamese out. It's like a hiden history, no one talks about it, because the commulist side wanted to make it like "the smallest potato in our side can defeat your biggest bull of your side", to make US looks stupid.

Those 100,000 Chinese soldiers vanished from China like in one night, in the second morning they were given Vietnamese Identity and uniforms. To keep this "China assistance" a secret, they were told "save the last bullet for yourself before being captured, you will die being a Vietnamese". Many of them died and burried in there.

But those dead Chinese soldiers' tombs were destroied during Sino-Vienam Conflict.

Interesting story, right?

CVwar

Post by CVwar » 21 Jun 2007, 22:37

Thank you wildfire for your reply.Are there any Vietnamese friends here , I am very interesting in Vietnam issue , sino -vietnam war, we can share some informations here ?

wildfire

Post by wildfire » 22 Jun 2007, 07:51

Yeah, CVwar. Why not?

I am a Chinese, but I had been to Canada before and met quite many Vietnamese there.

Some of them are South Vietnamese refugees of 1960'. Another part came from Chinese original Vietnamese. They were victims of "Exclusion of Chinese" policy during 1979 and 1980.

mars

Post by mars » 22 Jun 2007, 08:13

wildfire wrote:
CVwar wrote:
lei_lord_demon wrote:China - Viet Nam soldiers burial ground! Who falled pre border-war time!
Hello,lei_lord_demon

PLA (China military force) was taking care of US air force during the whole Vietnam war, long before Sino-Vietnam conflict. Some 100,000 anti-air force troops and consultat officers were sent to help the vietnamese out. It's like a hiden history, no one talks about it, because the commulist side wanted to make it like "the smallest potato in our side can defeat your biggest bull of your side", to make US looks stupid.

Those 100,000 Chinese soldiers vanished from China like in one night, in the second morning they were given Vietnamese Identity and uniforms. To keep this "China assistance" a secret, they were told "save the last bullet for yourself before being captured, you will die being a Vietnamese". Many of them died and burried in there.

But those dead Chinese soldiers' tombs were destroied during Sino-Vienam Conflict.

wildfire, interesting story, but sorry, wrong.
1. there were never "10,000 soldiers" in Vietnam at any given time, many Chinese did served in North Vietnam, but Chinese worked in a "tour" system just like American
2. majority of Chinese soldiers in Vietnam were engineers, there were indeed Chinese flak regiments in North Vietnam, but most of North Vietnam AAA units were manned by Vietnamese themselves
3. It was North Vietnamese, not Chinese or Russian, "took care" US air force in the air war over North Vietnamese, both Chinese and Russian helped, that was true, but "give me the tool, then I will do the work" would be a much more correct way to portrait the role of the North Vietnamese in the Vietnam war.
4."To keep this "China assistance" a secret, they were told "save the last bullet for yourself before being captured, you will die being a Vietnamese". " This is little better than myth, NO Chinese soldiers were ever sent to South Vietnam, how could they risk being capture by US ?

wildfire

Post by wildfire » 23 Jun 2007, 08:00

mars, maybe you are right. It's just like urban legend, no one can tell unless you have found the original persons who were in the story. We can leave this story to "Myth Busters", lol.

mars

Post by mars » 23 Jun 2007, 18:15

wildfire, before those troops were sent to North Vietnam, their officers may well told them that save the last bullet for yourself before being captured, you will die being a Vietnamese", the purpose would be letting soldiers believe his mission and himself were special and extreme important for the war, so that raising moral, I believe that army officer from other countries did some thing like that before leading their soldiers to the war. of course, in this case, no Chinese soldiers risked being captured by US.

Gold Star

Post by Gold Star » 31 Jul 2007, 16:22

wildfire wrote:But those dead Chinese soldiers' tombs were destroied during Sino-Vienam Conflict.

Make a tour to North Vietnam and you'll see how Vietnamese takes care of PLA soldiers' tombs. There were some articles in Xinhui with a photo of a Vietnamese girl cleaning PLA soldiers' headstone.

dqre

Post by dqre » 07 Jan 2008, 06:27

wildfire wrote:
CVwar wrote:
Hello,lei_lord_demon

Those soldiers vanished from China like in one night, in the second morning they were given Vietnamese Identity and uniforms. To keep this "China assistance" a secret, they were told "save the last bullet for yourself before being captured, you will die being a Vietnamese". Many of them died and burried in there.

Dear Friend
Could you show me the proof of your words "100,000 Chinese"? In some documents, there were chinese engineers and workers came to VN in the war, but they did not directly involve.

dqre

Post by dqre » 07 Jan 2008, 08:10

[quote="CImage

Left Vietnam<--------------------- ||------------------------->Right China

[
Chinese side

Vietnamese side

[/quote]

Hi friend
I would like to correct a little bit. On the fall, the left side belongs to VN, on the right side, a half of VN and another belongs to China. It is divided by center line of main stream.

Return to “Other eras”