1. What criterion of damages of the plane, that it became "victory"? Or any damage is "victory"?
2. (...) Only it is not necessary to speak, that ALL Soviet documents lie.
3. I with interest would esteem your work on fight 29.02.40. Your conclusions are extremely interesting to me. Why Finns have sufferred such severe defeat? I am confident, that you have found to this phenomenon a worthy explanation
Ad 1.) I think that in my last post I have explained the case of claim, victory, destroyed planes
I see that it was not clear for you, maybe my wrong English
Sorry, but I am not a God.
This mean I do not have such power to make correction to official credited victories by any army officers. So when they credited such victory to a fighter pilot it is his success.
According my attitude I think that the victory is then when the plane did not return to own base and force-landed somewhere. Later such plane could be repaired too, I am not so tight strict,as for example Marius Emmerling (he is specialist about Luftwafe over Poland IX 39), who believes that only planes with damages more then 60% on German side could be count as a victory (it is mean destroyed and only written off plane). It is easy for Lufftwaffe plane and not so easy for other nations.
I put in my materials information about claims and real losses of both side (destroyed, damages, plus KIA, WIA, MIA). Further reducing the victory tally is pointless as for me and it is not possible to find real victor from the battle. The outcome of war is well knows for many years. It is important for me to present claims and real losses of both sides.
I hope just should be it is clear.
Ad.2 ) I do not say that Soviet documents lie. There is some kind information valuable but some of them are not true. Lie it is not the same as not true. Always it is needed to check it with opposite side.
Ad3) I have written a few materials about Winter War printed in Poland and these materials are written only in Polish. Probably you will have near "zero" value because you do not read Polish. The information about this defeat (29.02.40) are given with both side losses etc. This is story is no 3 in below list.
And If you are interested in it OK, I can send you but could be nice to see your material about Winter War too? If you have such?
1. Hurricane with Blue Swastica. Huragan z błękitną swastyką, p. 10, 13 b&w + 4 color photos, 5 colour drawings, 44.436 signes, [in:] Militaria XX wieku 3(18)/2007.
2. Soviets over Finalnd 25-30 June 1941. Sowieci nad Finlandią 25-30 czerwca 1941 roku, p. 14, (23 b&w, 4 colours of G.50s: FA-11 of 3./LLv 26, B.239 2xBW-352 of 2./LLv 26, D.XXI FR-116 of 1./LLv 32, 68.798 signes, [in:] Militaria XX wieku 6(15)/2006.
3. The Defeat of Galadiators. Klęska Gladiatorów, p. 7 (13 b&w photos, 2 color drawings of D.XXI FR-108 and Gloster Gladiator II GL-263), 31.800 signes, [in:] Militaria XX wieku 3 (12)/2006.
4. Brewster Model 239 (F2A-1) versus Hawker Hurricane Mark II, Brewster Model 239 (F2A-1) kontra Hawker Hurricane Mark II, p. 7, 14 b&w photos, 4 color sides (Berwster Model 239 “BW-372” of 2./LeLv 24 and BW-364 “Orange 4” of 3/LeLv 24; 2 Hurricanes II: Z2585, “white 42” of 760. IAP and Z3577 of 769. IAP of 122. IAD PVO), 30.000 signes, [in:] Militaria XX wieku 6 (9)/2005.
5. In Four Minutes Six Bombers (Sarvanto’s victories in Winter War). W cztery minuty sześć bombowców, p. 2, 3 b&w photos, 1 color (Fokker D.XXI), [in:] Militaria XX wieku 4 (7)/2005.
If you such expert on the Soviet documents, then should know what to hide loss basically very difficultly. At work with documents of different "departments", such "cunnings" are easily calculated. Also forgive, but I strongly doubt, that you saw many the Soviet documents on Winter war.
I do not say that I have seen plenty document for Winter War, I can say that I have seen many/plenty document produced in Soviet also in army or aviation. Some of them are used in my book printed in Poland about “Red Stars Black Cross Ally over Poland. Soviet Aviation in Invasion on Poland IX-X 1939” - printed last year IX 2008 in Poland. More info about it is http://forums.airforce.ru/showthread.php?t=1990
I know Soviet materials too, but of course you are better in Soviet document about Winter War then me it is obvious. Anyway for about 2 years I have focused on other subjects not related to Winter War (like Soviet aviation over Poland in IX-X 1939).
Thanks for some correction about statistic of fighter losses. Interesting comparing data.
My mail is: [email protected]