Is this a WW2 Finnish M32 practice stick grenade?

Discussions on the Winter War and Continuation War, the wars between Finland and the USSR.
Hosted by Juha Tompuri
Levallois

Is this a WW2 Finnish M32 practice stick grenade?

Post by Levallois » 02 Dec 2018, 04:11

There aren’t any markings that I can see but it has the belt hook and is smaller in size than the WW2 German stick grenades. Thanks!

JTV

Re: Is this a WW2 Finnish M32 practice stick grenade?

Post by JTV » 02 Dec 2018, 09:09

Hi. It is Finnish practice stick grenade, but I am not 100% sure about the model. Warhead appears to be structurally "preserve tin" type and different in detail from other warhead designs used in other Finnish stick hand grenades. According lexpev.nl it is practice stick grenade m/41, but this grenade model is not included into any of the Finnish military manuals that I have seen, so I cannot very verify its model for sure.

The page in lexpev.nl:
http://www.lexpev.nl/grenades/europe/fi ... ctice.html

BTW: Any chance of being allowed to use that photo on my website? I am planning to write about hand grenades used in Finland once I succeeded gathering rest of the necessary info, which should be possible once research support services of Finnish Museum start working again (which should happen sometime next year).

Jarkko

Levallois

Post by Levallois » 02 Dec 2018, 14:11

Jarkko,

Thank you for the response and confirmation. Yes, if you want to use the photo then please do. I am not the greatest photographer but could try to take a better shot if need be.

Best,

John

Mangrove

Post by Mangrove » 14 Dec 2018, 20:45

This is a Finnish practice hand grenade m/35 (harjoituskäsikranaatti m/35 - Silfverberg).

Return to “Winter War & Continuation War”