Welcome to this new section

Discussions on the Winter War and Continuation War, the wars between Finland and the USSR.
Hosted by Juha Tompuri
Marcus

Welcome to this new section

Post by Marcus » 29 Jul 2004, 19:22

Welcome to the forums latest addition: the Winter War and Continuation War section.
This section is for discussions on the wars between Finland and the USSR, the Winter War and Continuation War.

We hope you'll enjoy this new section.

/Marcus

Tom Houlihan

Post by Tom Houlihan » 29 Jul 2004, 19:28

Thanks, Marcus! This section should prove to be very interesting! I didn't know much about that theater at all until I started paying attention to the Finns here. Let's hope they can maintain their daily lessons for us neophytes!

Juha Hujanen

Post by Juha Hujanen » 29 Jul 2004, 19:52

Nice job Marcus.
It's much to view when all threats are in one section.

Cheers/Juha

Mek

Post by Mek » 29 Jul 2004, 20:19

Great, Thank you Marcus :)
Excellent idea to put these two wars in section of their own.
Easier also to browse through the different threads concerning those wars.

Regards,
-Pete

Tapani K.

Post by Tapani K. » 29 Jul 2004, 20:44

Us Finns (and I believe many others, too) do appreciate this. Thank you, Marcus.

regards,
Tapani K.

Mark V

Post by Mark V » 29 Jul 2004, 21:07

Wow !!

Marcus, thank you very much.

I would had never even dared to suggest an own section to small part our country played in WW2.

Regards, Mark V

Zygmunt

Post by Zygmunt » 29 Jul 2004, 21:23

Thanks for putting this thread in this section to confirm to me that it is a new section - I spent a few seconds there trying to work out why I'd never noticed it before...

Anyway, serious question:

Where would you want threads on the Lapland War? In "WWII in Eastern Europe"? Or "Allies and Neutral states"? Or elsewhere?

Thanks for the new section.

Zygmunt

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 29 Jul 2004, 21:37

Zygmunt wrote:Where would you want threads on the Lapland War? In "WWII in Eastern Europe"? Or "Allies and Neutral states"? Or elsewhere?
I would suggest "WW2 in Eastern Europe".

/Marcus

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 29 Jul 2004, 21:51

Yaeh Marcus, great new section. Thanks...easier to find now.

[edited]
Last edited by Topspeed on 30 Jul 2004, 08:44, edited 2 times in total.

Zygmunt

Post by Zygmunt » 29 Jul 2004, 21:54

Thanks Marcus

Zygmunt

Robert Rojas
In memoriam

RE: Winter War & Continuation War

Post by Robert Rojas » 30 Jul 2004, 01:39

Greetings to Chairman Wendel, his august lieutenants and the community as a whole. Well Marcus, in reference to your administrative announcement of Thursday - July 29, 2004 - 6:22pm, old Uncle Bob would also like to echo the positive sentiments as expressed by the previous contributors to this thread. Given the impressive size and strength of the forum's Finnish constituency, I am rather surprised that an independent venue for this unique historical genre was not created long ago. Hell, it would not at all surprise yours truly if the proverbial powers-that-be in Helsinki commissioned as statue in your likeness and instituted a national holiday! How does being an honorary Finn grab you!? Oh, and by the way, which lucky souls are on your short list for this section's moderatorship? Inquiring minds want to know! Well, that's my two cents worth on the subject - for now anyway. As always, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day over in the land of the midnight sun.

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob :) :D :lol: :wink: 8)

Dan W.

Post by Dan W. » 30 Jul 2004, 06:52

Great idea Marcus, and I look forward to hearing more discussions on this. I especially hope to hear more about Mannerheim and admit I know little about the man but also know he left a legacy behind him.

Regards,
Dan

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 30 Jul 2004, 12:02

Zygmunt wrote: Anyway, serious question:

Where would you want threads on the Lapland War?
Zygmunt
I'd put them WWII in general..if we measure Europe from east to west and draw aline in the middle...it goes above Finland ( more or less ). Then war with Germany with Finns would be on the West ! Incredible or what...how West-Europe orinted the audience here is ?

Oleg !

Isn't that right...Europe ends at Ural mountains in the East ?

regards,

Juke T :D

Karri

Re: RE: Winter War & Continuation War

Post by Karri » 30 Jul 2004, 23:25

Robert Rojas wrote:Greetings to Chairman Wendel, his august lieutenants and the community as a whole. Well Marcus, in reference to your administrative announcement of Thursday - July 29, 2004 - 6:22pm, old Uncle Bob would also like to echo the positive sentiments as expressed by the previous contributors to this thread. Given the impressive size and strength of the forum's Finnish constituency, I am rather surprised that an independent venue for this unique historical genre was not created long ago. Hell, it would not at all surprise yours truly if the proverbial powers-that-be in Helsinki commissioned as statue in your likeness and instituted a national holiday! How does being an honorary Finn grab you!? Oh, and by the way, which lucky souls are on your short list for this section's moderatorship? Inquiring minds want to know! Well, that's my two cents worth on the subject - for now anyway. As always, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day over in the land of the midnight sun.

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob :) :D :lol: :wink: 8)

What he said.

:)

Volklin

Post by Volklin » 04 Aug 2004, 01:00

Topspeed wrote:
Zygmunt wrote: Anyway, serious question:

Where would you want threads on the Lapland War?
Zygmunt
I'd put them WWII in general..if we measure Europe from east to west and draw aline in the middle...it goes above Finland ( more or less ). Then war with Germany with Finns would be on the West ! Incredible or what...how West-Europe orinted the audience here is ?

Oleg !

Isn't that right...Europe ends at Ural mountains in the East ?

regards,

Juke T :D
The fronts are measured as Germany in the center, to its west is the western front, to its east is the eastern front. All action taken place to its east is in the Eastern Front forum.

Return to “Winter War & Continuation War”