Finland was not part of the Axi nations.

Discussions on the Winter War and Continuation War, the wars between Finland and the USSR.
Hosted by Juha Tompuri
Christian W.

Finland was not part of the Axi nations.

Post by Christian W. » 10 Aug 2004, 19:59

Finland was not part of the Axi nations. Though we were cooperating with the Germans, we never signed anything that officially made us part of the Axi nations, we were brothers in arms, not allies. Unlike the Western Allies though, we were not part of the Axi nations.

Mark V

Post by Mark V » 10 Aug 2004, 20:34

Welcome to the forum friend. You will find plenty of discussions about this subject from past threads. Use search function.

Regards, Mark V

BTW. Do you really want to use that member name ?? I know there is plenty members here who use an name of historical persons, generals, etc.. Using name of historical persons is allowed here, but not encouraged. You surely are first Finnish member who dared to touch the name of respected field marshall and former president.

Christian W.

Post by Christian W. » 10 Aug 2004, 21:34

Since i yust registered to this forum i havent had time to read all the topics posted here.

And I keep Mannerheim as one the most if not the most important person in the history of Finland, and i know a quite lot about him, still i do not see anything bad in using his name. " If " it brings trouble, i will change it.

Sincerly.

Mannerheim.

Mark V

Post by Mark V » 10 Aug 2004, 21:48

Marshal Mannerheim wrote:Since i yust registered to this forum i havent had time to read all the topics posted here.

And I keep Mannerheim as one the most if not the most important person in the history of Finland, and i know a quite lot about him, still i do not see anything bad in using his name. " If " it brings trouble, i will change it.

Sincerly.

Mannerheim.

Hi,

Like i said - you have an option of using that name. The opinion i have about historical names is shared by many members here. It is exactly matter of respect - the highest respect is not to connect the honoured name to everyday conversations here.

Actually real name would be preferred - but like you can see - i don't either go that far. This is not an big matter though.

If you some day change your mind you can contact webmaster Marcus Wendel - he can change it without affecting your post count which matters here for new members in participation right of discussion in lounge section.

Regards, Mark V

Juha Tompuri
Forum Staff

Post by Juha Tompuri » 10 Aug 2004, 22:28

Hi!

Welcome to the forum, Marshal.
Something from the past:
-topic related: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... &highlight
-off-topic: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... &highlight

Regards, Juha :)

Mek

Post by Mek » 11 Aug 2004, 04:06

Hello and welcome to the forum Marshall :)

Regards,
-Pete

Christian W.

Post by Christian W. » 11 Aug 2004, 08:09

Thank you, all of you. 8)

Christian W.

Post by Christian W. » 11 Aug 2004, 12:05

Well, you sure do have a point. So, how do i change the name?

Tiwaz

Post by Tiwaz » 11 Aug 2004, 14:05

Marshal Mannerheim wrote:Well, you sure do have a point. So, how do i change the name?
I would guess you would have to go to Marcus about it or register whole new name.

Return to “Winter War & Continuation War”