Political development from Moscow peace to Continuation War

Discussions on the Winter War and Continuation War, the wars between Finland and the USSR.
Hosted by Juha Tompuri
Whiskey

Political development from Moscow peace to Continuation War

Post by Whiskey » 02 Dec 2004, 15:50

Hi!

I'm (re)writing -bit by bit- the Continuation War article in Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation_War ). The political development up to the staff negotiation at the end of May 1941 is finished, and I plan to finish the political development during the next weekend. (I have to return one source to library then. :) )

It would be nice if those with knowledge could check the contents and if native English speakers could check the language of the text.

When I finish that political development, I continue with Finnish offensive...

Loofy

Post by Loofy » 02 Dec 2004, 16:05

That's funny - I am also writing an article for Wikipedia (Found the first one pretty biased, one-sided, and lacking vital information) but it won't be ready for some time as I have many more books to finish reading. I have my political topics divided between Ryti, Paasikivi, Blücher, Kivimäki, Molotov, Schulenberg, Tanner and some military leadership topics such as Mannerheim, Heinrichs, Falkenhorst, Waldemar... . Maybe you'll simplify my work if you write a balanced article. :)

Whiskey

Post by Whiskey » 03 Dec 2004, 01:18

I don't know how much help I can be, as the length of the article is already too much, and I haven't even started shooting yet. :D Most likely it will be divided to separate articles in future.

I guess you could help me to achieve proper balance, as I mainly use Finnish books on issue (Jatkosodan historia, Jatkosodan synty, Suomen sota 1941-45, diaries and biographies of key players), although I have access to some translated Soviet documents and books. I try to promote what happened and when and keep synthesis at minimum. I just hope to have more information from inside Soviet side, but I fear it is impossible.

But I have put my finger to several connected articles, so I don't think the help is totally out of question. If you point articles I could check if I can contribute anything.

Return to “Winter War & Continuation War”