"The Buchenwald Report" on tattooed skin, lampshades, shrunken heads.

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
The Black Rabbit of Inlé

Re: "The Buchenwald Report" on tattooed skin, lampshades, shrunken heads.

Post by The Black Rabbit of Inlé » 26 Jun 2017, 21:58

Heinrich Nett's testimony at the Buchenwald trial re lampshades etc.

The prosecution didn't ask him a single question about the human-skin stuff.
DIRECT EXAMINATION

QUESTIONS BY DR. AHEIMER:

Q Please state your full name to the court?

A Nett, Heinrich.

Q What is your age?

A 47 years old.

Q What is your profession?

A I was a Criminal Secretary in the Reichs Headquarters of the Criminal Police in Berlin.

Q Since when have you been with the Reichs Criminal Police in Berlin?

A Since the first of January, 1941.

Q Where is your residence?

A In Dortmund. I also belonged to the Criminal Police Office in Dortmund. I was only detached to Berlin.

Q Mr. Nett, have you ever been in Buchenwald?

A I was only in Buchenwald from July, 1943, until January, 1944, to carry out the investigations.

Q In whose charge were you during your time in Buchenwald?

A The Reichs Criminal Police Headquarters.

Q On whose instigation were you sent to Buchenwald at that time?

A I received orders in Berlin to get together with Doctor Morgen and work on the case of an SS man [i.e. Bornschein]. I made my appointment with Doctor Morgen in Strasbourg who had driven ahead and gone to Weimar. I didn't know what it was all about.

[...; above from transcript 12 June 1947, pp.2914-2915]
CAPT. LEWIS: Direct examination on behalf of the accused Koch.

QUESTIONS BY CAPT. LEWIS:

Q During your investigations at Camp Buchenwald did you have occasion to meet also Mrs. Ilse Koch, the wife of the camp commander?

A Yes, and I arrested her.

Q When did that occur?

A I believe it was the 12th of September, 1943.

Q Before she was arrested did you have occasion to visit her house?

A No, at least I did not recall it. I don't know exactly. I have been in the house a few times, but I believe it was for the first time on the day I arrested her and after that a few times.

Q At the time of her arrest did Mrs. Koch know she was going to be arrested?

A No, this thing was a surprise.

Q Did Mrs. Koch know at that time that her conduct was being examined into?

A I don't think so. I cannot state it with certainty, but I don't think she had known it.

Q At the time of her arrest was a search made of her house?

A Yes, upon the arrest and after that, and since we didn't have the time to do it, the Gestapo of Weimar took care of it and they made an inventory of every piece contained in the house.

Q Did you partake of the search of Mrs. Koch's house?

A Yes, I took care of that and gave them instructions as to what they were to do. I also took the children to Mrs. Roedel, the neighbor of Mrs. Koch, because I had to take care of all of these things.

Q When you examined Mrs. Koch's house, did you have occasion to find there any articles made of human skin?

A That was one of the points with which Koch was charged and we paid particular attention to these articles made of human skin, but neither we [sic] found anything nor did the officials of the Gestapo who searched everything very thoroughly, nor did anyone else find anything there.

Q When you said this is one of the charges against Koch, did you mean Commander Koch or Mrs. Koch?

A Commander Koch, and all those charges preferred against Koch that he had gotten himself rich, that he had corporal punishment dealt out, and these things were brought to us by Weimar only [sic]. I didn't determine any such thing. One was able to determine that Mrs. Koch did not have too good a reputation and we tried to find out something about it, but were not successful. My personal opinion has always been that something like that didn't exist. We found prepared human skin in the concentration camp of Buchenwald and took it with us for the Criminal Museum in Berlin.

Q Did you examine the lamp shades in Mrs. Koch's house?

A yes, we saw those, too.

Q Could you determine of what material these lamp shades were made?

A Those were regular lamp shades. They were imitation pig skin or some material made of cardboard. Whatever it was, at least no [sic] human skin, not at all.

Q Did you examine the gloves you found in Mrs. Koch's house?

A We found quite a few gloves but none of them made of human skin, as has always been asserted.

Q Did you find any photo albums or family chronicles in Mrs. Koch's house?

A We saw family chronicles as well as photo albums, but not made from human skin. The stories of the prepared human skin were well known to us at the time. For that reason we looked for it but didn't find anything.

Q Did you have occasion to interrogate the prisoners in Buchenwald?

A Yes, in all respects.

Q Can you estimate for us the number of prisoners you interrogated in Buchenwald in connection with your investigation?

A No, that is impossible. No questioned [sic] dozens of them but I can't guess an exact number.

Q Did you have an occasion to interrogate prisoners in Buchenwald after Mrs. Koch was arrested?

A Yes.

Q Continue.

A We only started our investigation in the beginning of August. Five weeks after we arrested Mr. and Mrs. Koch and only after that our main investigation started, only after they had been arrested. Up to that time everybody was confused as to our activity there. Up to that time we only worked on the crimes against War Economics concerning Bornschein.

Q At the time you interrogated these prisoners in Buchenwald was it common knowledge that Mrs. Koch had been arrested?

A That became known quickly very quickly, not only in the camp of Buchenwald, where everything goes around fast, but also in Weimar.

Q Was there any reason for the prisoners whom you interrogated not to tell you the truth about Mrs. Koch?

A We tried everything to make these people talk. We told them we wouldn't tell their names. As a matter of fact, we would have treated that as confidential matter. However, these people would have said something if they had known something. They had no reason not to tell the truth. For that reason I ordered these people to come not to my official office but to an interrogation room which was far removed from that place and no one saw whom I ordered there.

Q Did you have an occasion to interrogate a prisoner by the name of Titz?

A Yes, this case at first promised to be very interesting.

Q Did you examine Titz after Mrs. Koch arrest?

A Yes, afterwards.

Q Did Titz at that time know Mrs. Koch was arrested?

A Yes.

Q Tell us what Titz told you?

A I told Titz in Miller's presence that he was going to be poisoned for the simple reason be had stolen some alcohol in the house of Koch and got drunk and put on the dresses of Mrs. Koch. For days and days I interrogated him and tried to find out what it was all about — this poison murder. He had every opportunity that if he had known something about the house of Koch he could have told me, mainly as Miller was present. I told him he was to be poisoned and I asked him to tell me what it was all about and to tell me all about the things that happened in the house of Koch. After I tried for days I finally gave up because all he did was laugh and say no.

Q Did Titz tell you he had ever seen lamp shades of human skins in Mrs. Koch's house?

A If he had seen something he would definitely have told me.

Q Did Titz tell you at that time that he had been beaten by Mrs. Koch?

A No.

Q Did any of the prisoners who you interrogated at that time tell you they had been beaten by Mrs. Koch?

A We heard repeatedly that prisoner had been beaten allegedly, but I didn't determine any.

Q Did a prisoner by the name of Froboess come to you and tell you what he knew about Mrs. Koch?

A The name Froboess is not known to me.

Q Did any prisoner come forward and tell you he had been beaten by Mrs. Koch?

A No, all they had to do was to put just one word on a slip of paper and put it on our desk in our absence. That would have been sufficient for us.

Q Did any prisoner do that while you were interrogating him?

A No.

Q Mrs, Koch was finally brought to trial, was she not?

A I wasn't there at that time any more. I was only there during the investigation and when the trial came up I was back in Berlin.

Q Do you know what the charges against Mrs. Koch contained?

A I don't know. Dr. Morgen took care of that. he compiled all the evidence and made the report. At any rate, we tried to charge her with the same thing that her husband had been charged with.

Q Did you ever have occasion to interrogate Mrs, Koch at the time she was arrested or shortly thereafter?

A At the time I interrogated Mrs. Koch myself.

Q And did you ask her about her activities in Buchenwald?

A Yes, I interrogated her very thoroughly, and I also interrogated her thereafter all the time.

Q Did she ever make any statement to you that she had the opportunity to look into the files of the prisoners in her husband's office?

A That's out of the question; she couldn't do that.

Q Did she admit to you at that time that she had reported prisoners for punishment?

A No, we couldn't prove that.

Q Do you know what the result of the trial against Mrs. Koch was?

A I don't know that.

[...; above from transcript 12 June 1947, pp.2927-2933]
Q [Prosecution] Now, Nett, you came to Buchenwald primarily to investigate corruption, is that not correct?

A [Nett] Yes, we didn't have any idea about other things before.

Q This was corruption of an economic nature, is that not correct?

A Yes.

Q And the other matters that you found there concerning murders and sadistic excess were merely incidental to the investigation concerning economic corruption, is that not correct?

A No, that is not entirely correct. As we were investigating these corruption incidents we noticed these abuses and then investigated those.
[...; above 13 June 1947, p. 2942]
Q As an experienced policeman did you get a confession from Mrs. Koch?

A During the first interrogation of Mrs. Koch I talked to her about these charges that had been made against Mr. Koch and God knows there was little left after we got through.

Q Doctor Morgen got a confession from Mrs. Koch didn't he?

A That may be so because Doctor Morgen worked for an entire year longer than I did.

Q And knows more about it, doesn't he?

A He must know more about it. In fact, he prepared the charges on this and I wasn't even there any longer.

Q You were interrogated by Mr. Kirschbaum, were you not?

A Yes. Interrogation? Well you can call it interrogation, I just call it instruction. You need something else for interrogation.

Q A what?

A Some questions were put to me and I was to answer them yes or no and I did to the best of my ability, but in my opinion it never got into an interrogation.

Q As a matter of fact didn't you say there were a number of things you didn't know about and didn't you suggest that Mr. Kirschbaum ask Doctor Morgen about them?

A Yes because I knew about this only by rumors. I suggested to Mr. Kirschbaum that he ask Doctor Morgen about them.

Q As a matter of fact you wrote down in your own handwriting some of those things that you didn't know about and told Mr. Kirschbaum to ask Doctor Morgen concerning them, did you not?

A I guess that's one other thing to show you how objective was.

Q That is true, isn't it, that's all I want to know?

A Yes I wrote down for Mr. Kirschbaum all these matters that were in doubt and told him to talk them over with Doctor Morgen in Nuernberg. As a matter of fact, he asked me.

Q When you were in Buchenwald did you know a man by the name of Herzog?

A I don't remember the name but this case of Herzog did show up in the investigation somewhere. I don't remeber in what connection and I am doing my best to give you information, but forgive me if I can't just remember everything.

[...; above 13 June 1947, pp.2958 - 2959]

The Black Rabbit of Inlé

Post by The Black Rabbit of Inlé » 26 Jun 2017, 22:21

Time line of events relating to human-skin IMT testimony [poss. not exhaustive], events may seem unconnected at first, but they don't remain so.

13.05.45 - Former Dachau inmate "Anton Pacholegg" makes a statement about human-skin items being made from the victim's of Rascher's high altitude experiments only, and then disappears. His human-skin claims appear in Col. David Chavez's report on Dachau [completed 31.08.45]. In Oct 1945 the JAGO tried and failed to locate Pacholegg to be a witness at the Dachau trial

18.05.45 - Blaha completes his very lengthy statement in which he makes no mention of bodies being skinned and turned into leather products. Blaha was heavily involved with the War Crimes team investigations at Dachau; he was even present during the interrogation of at least one defendant who later claimed he was forced to sign a false affidavit composed in part by Blaha

16.11.45 - Chavez and Blaha testify on the opening day of the Dachau trial. Blaha testifies about personally skinning inmates at Dachau so their skins could be made into hand bags, horse saddles, etc; tattooed skin was favoured by the SS.

24.11.45 - Blaha makes a new affidavit [PS-3249] in which the skinning of corpses and hand-bags etc. are mentioned. The date and location this affidavit was made in uncertain, the German version in IMT:32 dates it 09.01.46.

08.12.45 - Blaha testifies again at the Dachau trial

13.12.45 - Dodd presents Pfaffenberger's claims at the IMT, then leaves to travel back to the U.S.

14.12.45 - Kauffman asks Pfaffenberger's claims be stricken as it wasn't disclosed that Karl Koch was sentenced to death by the SS for his crimes at Buchenwald; Bergold implies Dodd concealed this information

17.12.45 - IMT Prosecution assistant Daniel Margolies writes to the JAGO asking for info presumably about any or all of Pfaffenberger, Morgen, and the Kochs known by the UNWCC

20.12.45 - IMT Prosecution assistant Bernard Meltzer also writes to the JAG for the same

28.12.45 - Morgen makes first of the affidavits, which suggests the lampshade he saw must have been made with tattooed-skin

03.01.46 - JAGO replies to Margolies and Meltzer sending them ONE statement by Morgen while advising "other affidavits and statements by Morgen are en route by courier". JAGO advises Morgen can be brought to Nuremberg if needed, and that "the statements of Dr. Morgen bear to some extent upon the atrocity exhibits". JAGO also mention that they had given the [soon to vanish forever] lampshade to Major William Walsh.

09.01.46 - Other possible date of Blaha's affidavit PS-3249, this time sworn before Daniel F. Margolies!

11.01.46 - Dodd's witness Blaha testifies at the IMT, Dodd reads PS-3249 to the court inc. parts about skinning corpses and human-skin hand-bags etc.; [Blaha appears again on 14.01.46]

14.01.46 - Dodd refers to Morgen's affidavit of 28 Dec 1945, and insists he was had been unaware of Karl Koch when he read Pfaffenberger's testimony into the trial transcript

18.01.46 - Dodd gives Margolies Pfaffenberger's last known address and instructions to locate him

19.01.46 - Dodd asks William Baldwin if he can help in locating Pfaffenberger

??.01.46 - Eugen Kogen visits Morgen in prison in Oberursel making veiled threats. Kogen would later testify at the Doctors trial [07.01.47] and Pohl trial [21.04.47] alleging Morgen had instigated and been present during a December 1943 experiment in which four Soviet PoWs were poisoned and strangled to death in the Buchenwald crematorium

22.01.46 - Morgen makes the *second* affidavit [nearly 3 weeks after the JAGO advised further Morgen statements had already be forwarded to the IMT by courier!]. Now Morgen is insisting the lampshade was made of un-tattooed skin

29.01.46 - Dubost's witness Balachowsky testifies re tanning of skin, both tattooed and un-tattooed, at Buchenwald right up until liberation

01.02.46 - Dodd privately interrogates Pfaffenberger at Nuremberg, mostly about human-skin. Dodd learns that Pfaffenberger only saw pieces of tattooed skin and the shrunken-heads in the Pathological Dept., and that he was only ever told of the lampshades, knife sheathes, and "leathers for cleaning windows[!]". Dodd didn't press Pfaffenberger for further details when told of the gas chambers of Buchenwald. Dodd was clearly annoyed and walked out of the interrogation after asking Pfaffenberger if he had managed to find a job yet [he hadn't]. Margolies finished the interrogation

02.02.46 - Pfaffenberger was again interrogated, this time about how Jews were treated at Buchenwald. Dodd didn't bother attending

04.02.46 - Affidavit drawn-up for Pfaffenberger, he signed it, but it was never registered and never used

19.02.46 - [incidentally] Smirnov presents tanned human skin found at the DAI to the court

01.07.46 - Morgen arrives at Nuremberg from the Dachau

07.08.46 - Morgen testifies at the IMT as a defence witness for the SS

08.08.46 - Morgen's 2nd day testifying at the IMT. Maxwll-Fyfe said the prosecution did not accept Morgen's testimony re. Buchenwald and Dachau but they didn't wish to cross-examine him. So, Morgen was only ever examined and cross-examined by counsels for the defence at the IMT; Morgen wasn't asked and didn't say anything about the human-skin items supposedly made at Buchenwald. Dodd interrupted Morgen early in the day to flippantly remark that his testimony about the death camps and murder squads made him essentially a prosecution witness. Later Morgen told the court that Dodd's new witness-to-human-skin-accessories, Franz Blaha was, essentially, lying. The court president ordered Morgen not to disparage Blaha's testimony.

08.08.46 - Elwyn Jones submits the 29.01.43 entry from the desk diary of the Ahnenerbe Institute which features the name "Dr. Pacholegg", who Wolfram Sievers [defence witness for the SS] confirms was an assistant of Dr. Rascher. Dodd had told the court earlier in the day that he had been in discussion with Jones about Morgen's testimony.

09.08.46 - Jones submits document PS-2428, a doctored version of Pacholegg's absurd affidavit about the skinning of corpses and Dr. Rascher's sideline in making, and selling human-skin hand-bags etc. J. Neander points out that Pacholegg's affidavit had been heavily edited—when it became PS-2428— to read as if the victims of all Rascher's experiments were skinned; the original states that it was only the victims of the high-altitude experiments.

Sergey Romanov

Post by Sergey Romanov » 26 Jun 2017, 22:47

> Right! These two are describing the same lampshade then!?

Morgen was describing a lampshade in Pister's room. From the photographic comparison with the photo of Pister's room both the Buchenwald Museum and Joachim Neander (whose unpublished study I have) came to the conclusion that it's the same lampshade as on the skin artifacts table.

Sergey Romanov

Post by Sergey Romanov » 26 Jun 2017, 23:05

Rabbit, aside from Hathi is there a download area with the relevant Ferguson committee materials?

The Black Rabbit of Inlé

Post by The Black Rabbit of Inlé » 26 Jun 2017, 23:10

Sergey Romanov wrote:> Right! These two are describing the same lampshade then!?

Morgen was describing a lampshade in Pister's room. From the photographic comparison with the photo of Pister's room both the Buchenwald Museum and Joachim Neander (whose unpublished study I have) came to the conclusion that it's the same lampshade as on the skin artifacts table.
Post the photos then.

Pister didn't have a lampshade in his office btw, but he admitted there was an old dust-covered shrunken-head in a cabinet.

Sergey Romanov

Post by Sergey Romanov » 26 Jun 2017, 23:26

The Black Rabbit of Inlé wrote:
Sergey Romanov wrote:> Right! These two are describing the same lampshade then!?

Post the photos then.

Pister didn't have a lampshade in his office btw, but he admitted there was an old dust-covered shrunken-head in a cabinet.
I don't have the photo but I trust the judgment of Dr. Neander (who is of course skeptical about the whole thing) and the B. Museum.

Sergey Romanov

Post by Sergey Romanov » 26 Jun 2017, 23:27

The Black Rabbit of Inlé wrote:Ferguson committee?
Oh come on.

Conduct of Ilse Koch War Crimes Trial. Part ... hearings before the United States Senate Committee on Expenditures in the Executive Departments, Investigations Subcommittee, Eightieth Congress ...

The Black Rabbit of Inlé

Post by The Black Rabbit of Inlé » 26 Jun 2017, 23:38

Oh, that. I've only got part 5 and the "interim report". I think someone gave me the pdf of part 5, and the latter I got from here [nice colour pdf, excellent ocr]
http://www.genealogybank.com

The Black Rabbit of Inlé

Post by The Black Rabbit of Inlé » 27 Jun 2017, 16:15

Sergey Romanov wrote:Morgen was describing a lampshade in Pister's room. From the photographic comparison with the photo of Pister's room both the Buchenwald Museum and Joachim Neander (whose unpublished study I have) came to the conclusion that it's the same lampshade as on the skin artifacts table.
Harry Stein [chief archivist of the Buchenwald museum] thinks the lampshade on the US Army's atrocity table was from Pister's office, but Stein doesn't even explicitly say that there is a photo of Pister's office, let alone one in which that particular lampshade is present.

Neander doesn't say that's what he thinks, he merely says that the atrocity table lampshade clearly wasn't made with tattooed skin [citing photos showing it from differents angle—posted below], and mentions—without comment—that Harry Stein claims that this lampshade was from Pister's office.
2.jpg
https://collections.ushmm.org/search/catalog/pa5299
1.jpg
https://collections.ushmm.org/search/catalog/pa1168300
Last edited by The Black Rabbit of Inlé on 27 Jun 2017, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.

The Black Rabbit of Inlé

Post by The Black Rabbit of Inlé » 27 Jun 2017, 17:38

Pister's testimony re. human-skin follows. It contradicts the suspicious claims allegedly made by Morgen about having seen a human-skin lampshade in Pister's office; Pister said "I never saw a lamp shade made of human skin."
Q [Captain Lewis, Koch's defence counsel]. Do you remember the occasion when the Criminal Police from Berlin were investigating Commander Koch and Mrs. Koch in Buchenwald?

A. [Pister] Yes, I was present there, myself.

Q. Were you present when a Dr. Morgan from Berlin arrested Mrs. Koch in her home?

A. No, I was present when the house was searched, though,

Q. And were you present there with Dr. Morgan and another Criminal Policeman named Nett?

A. Yes. While Nett and some other police official was searching the lower floor of the house, I and Morgan were searching the upper floors, but I went through the rooms in the lower floors myself.

Q. Was this search made at the same time of her arrest?

A. No.

Q. How long after her arrest was the search made?

A. It took place before the arrest.

Q. During your search did you find any lamp shades or tatooed skin in the building?

A. No.

Q. Did you find any gloves, any photo albums, any family chronicles made from human skin?

A. I examined the upper rooms of Mrs. Koch [sic] perhaps in even more greater details that Doctor Morgan did, and we didn't even miss any of the clothes closets. I neither saw nor found any of these objects that were pictured in the film, such gloves or hand bags.

Q. Was the purpose of the search by the criminal police and yourself the discovery of any such articles of human skin?

A. No, but it certainly would have attracted our attention.

Q. Did you know the witness, Titz, who was here in court?

A. I knew the witness, Titz, myself, since I myself had to take him to the bunker as he was arrested for wearing ladies' apparel.

Q. Was Titz the man who worked in the house as an orderly?

A. Yes, as kalfaktor. That is a position of a maid servant, in this case.

Q. On the occasion when you took him to the bunker in women's clothes, was he drunk?

A. Insensibly drunk.

Q. Was that the occasion when he broke into the wine cellar and got drunk?

A. When I had an occasion to see it.

Q. When you arrested him at that time, was that the occasion when he had gotten drunk in the wine cellar?

A. Yes. Before that I had occasion to inspect the apartment which he had destroyed. At that time I didn't see anything of the lamp shades or other mentioned articles.

Q. What was the extent of the damage Titz had done at Koch's house that day?

A. I can't estimate that, but I can state what I still remember as him having smashed that day. He smashed up the top of the desk downstairs, and the lounge. In the dining room there was a big glass cabinet filled with crystal, and almost all of that was broken — not just the glue panes, but also the objects in it. Wine, champagne, and liquor glasses were lying all around the floor, broken. In the bedroom the toilet table was smashed and all the mirrors were broken. The closets were all emptied and the clothes in it were wet with perfume and such articles. All the clothes he was wearing, including a very beautiful bath robe, Mrs. Koch refused to accept back, so that, too, can be counted an lost.

Q. During the time you were commander and Mrs. Koch was living in Buchenewld, did she ever report the names of prisoners to you for punishment.

A. She wouldn't have dared to do that.

28 May 1947, pp.1946-1948
Q [Prosecutor] You know, did you not, that the lamps shades had been made of human skin there at Buchenwald?

A How was I to know that?

Q Answer my question, please.

A I never saw a lamp shade made of human skin.

Q Did you have a shrunken head sitting on your desk in Buchenwald?

A No. There was one standing inside a cabinet standing at the wall.

Q Did you know where that came from?

A That was from my predecessor.

Q Was it the head of a prisoner?

A I don't know.

Q Well, why did you have it there?

A I didn't have it there, it was standing inside of a cabinet together with other utensils, dusty and gathering dust.

Q Did you let it stay there gathering dust?

A Yes.

Q Didn't you show it with pride to the various visitors that you invited in from Weimar?

A No. There people that came from Weimar had a chance to look at the pathological department.

Q And they had shrunken heads down there, too, didn't they?

A I didn't see any.

Q And they had lamp shades made out of tatooed human skin, did they not?

A No.

Q Did you ever see any specimens of tatooed skin while you were in Buchenwald?

A In the pathology department.

Q And what did you do to stop that practice?

A I don't know that any of them had been prepared; those were stocks which were still there form before.

Q Did you make an effort to dispose of them?

A I did dispose of them.

Q What did you do with them?

A Dr. Morgen took them along to the Criminal Police Museum in Berlin.

2 June 1947, pp. 2171-2173.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 27 Jun 2017, 21:52

The Black Rabbit of Inlé -- Please give a source for the quote.

Sergey Romanov

Post by Sergey Romanov » 27 Jun 2017, 22:01

Again, as I said, according to Neander, who refers to a specific pre-liberation photo of Pister's office, that lamp on the table is the lamp from his office.

Your claim about Neander's claim is simply false. You have no idea what you are talking about. I suggest you don't dig in yourself deeper.

Same with Stein's claim: he clearly refers to a Fotovergleich, and given Neander's specific reference it is clear the comparison is with the same photo of Pister's office.

Sergey Romanov

Post by Sergey Romanov » 27 Jun 2017, 23:18

In fact Neander refers to two photos: #003-01.010 and #003-01.011.

The Black Rabbit of Inlé

Post by The Black Rabbit of Inlé » 28 Jun 2017, 09:17

David Thompson wrote:The Black Rabbit of Inlé -- Please give a source for the quote.
If you mean Pister saying "I never saw a lamp shade made of human skin", it's from the second extract of his trial testimony I quoted.

Sergey Romanov wrote:Your claim about Neander's claim is simply false. You have no idea what you are talking about. I suggest you don't dig in yourself deeper.
Your customary histrionics. Obviously I have an earlier draft than you, and I accurately described what it says.

Sergey Romanov wrote:In fact Neander refers to two photos: #003-01.010 and #003-01.011.
They would be photos from a album that Pister had complied, but those particular two don't seem to be available on the museum's website. Does Neander say how he saw them?

There is a end-of-1943 photo of Barnewald's office, 003-01022, showing a similar looking lampshade on his desk, although the base was different.
Barnewald office late-1943.png
Barnewald office late-1943.png (218.39 KiB) Viewed 1252 times

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”