Experiments on Jews

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Matthew

Experiments on Jews

Post by Matthew » 24 Nov 2002, 08:41

Did any usful scientific information come from the Nazi experiments on the Jews?

Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland » 24 Nov 2002, 09:49

Yes, quite a few experiments were useful from a military point of view.
The ones involving poison gases and the development of gasmasks etc.
But the main one that helped post-war in Rocket research was the Luftwaffe high altitude tests, and the freezing experiments.
regards,Bill.

chalutzim

Post by chalutzim » 24 Nov 2002, 17:13

Bill Medland wrote:Yes, quite a few experiments were useful from a military point of view.
The ones involving poison gases and the development of gasmasks etc.
But the main one that helped post-war in Rocket research was the Luftwaffe high altitude tests, and the freezing experiments.
regards,Bill.
Yes, Matthew, they were really useful but not in a military point of view: as you know, despite these very useful experiments, the butchers lost the war.
However, they were useful to serve the nazi pig-heads in their purpose to kill helpless people and also to serve the neo-nazi pig-heads in their purpose in not stopping to utter stupidities e villainies.
Regards.

Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland » 24 Nov 2002, 17:33

The experiments were a real and sad horror, but done is done.
The US military kept the documentation and went through it, which helped with rocket research for one, and biological warfare in another.
To throw these documents away without making use of them, would have been a criminal waste, and would not have brought the people back to life.
I feel that Matthew had a very good question, which I feel I answered?
Regards,Bill.

chalutzim

Post by chalutzim » 24 Nov 2002, 17:58

Bill Medland wrote:The experiments were a real and sad horror, but done is done.
The US military kept the documentation and went through it, which helped with rocket research for one, and biological warfare in another.
To throw these documents away without making use of them, would have been a criminal waste, and would not have brought the people back to life.
I feel that Matthew had a very good question, which I feel I answered?
Regards,Bill.
Bill, only now I see you always have answers for every absurdity and inhumanity you dare to utter. Unfortunately for me I can't argue you anymore. It is not only a waste of time but it is also insane discuss with people like you.

Goodbye.

JP

Post by JP » 25 Nov 2002, 18:32

I do think that people should not debate if they are not willing to learn.
Why argue if you have already made up your mind and will not let go of your opinion even if confronted with other points of view?
When debating, always try to see everything from different angles, not only from the "winner's side".

Oberst Klink

Post by Oberst Klink » 26 Nov 2002, 10:29

remember, during WW2 there was no "google.com" to look these things up, so every nation had to perform the same experiments simulatiouslsyufidf

Cantankerous

Re: Experiments on Jews

Post by Cantankerous » 01 Dec 2020, 04:44

Is there any record of concentration camp guards and scientists conducted experiments on Jews involving the effects of altitude?

Anonomot

Post by Anonomot » 16 Dec 2020, 03:55

Given that many of the experiments were flawed at the outset and carried out by doctors with questionable credentials, whether whatever useful data remains should be used today is discussed in a reasonably balanced argument in this article:

The Ethics of Using Medical Data from Nazi Experiments by Baruch C. Cohen. http://www.jlaw.com/Articles/NaziMedEx.html

The site doesn't exactly have the most professional look, but the article seems authoritative, and there are fairly extensive notes and references to use for further reading.

Let us not forget that, according to the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, "After the war, only a few of the biomedical experts who helped to implement and to legitimize Nazi racial hygiene policies were ever indicted or disciplined professionally. Many continued their careers." https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/ ... xperiments

Many of those doctors and scientists ended up right here in America, thanks to "Operation Paperclip." https://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/14/us/14nazis.html

Fun times.

Cantankerous

Post by Cantankerous » 04 Jan 2021, 18:05

Were any experiments conducted on Jews involving the effects of altitude?

hucks216

Post by hucks216 » 04 Jan 2021, 18:32

Cantankerous wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 18:05
Were any experiments conducted on Jews involving the effects of altitude?
Yes. These experiments were carried out at Dachau:

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/na ... xperiments

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 04 Jan 2021, 20:20

Quote:

"Under Nazism, vivisections without anesthesia were performed on concentration camp prisoners, among others.[11] Vivisections on animals, on the other hand, were strictly forbidden by the Reichstierschutzgesetz (Reich Animal Protection Act).[12] Vivisections on humans were also performed on the Japanese side during World War II, especially on an enormous scale by Unit 731."

Source: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivisekti ... sektion%20(als%20Bezeichnung%20für,Menschen%20–%20im%20Gegensatz%20zur%20Nekropsie.

Hans1906
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 04 Jan 2021, 21:54

I like to recommend the book "Die Vernichtung der europäischen Juden" (E: "The Destruction of the European Jews") written by
Raul Hilberg in the year 1961.

I found a very rare copy, printed in the DDR long ago, again on a german flea market.

Link: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Verni ... chen_Juden

The edition that I have, this one is almost unbearable, but certainly one of the most valuable documents of the time.
The book is like a nightmare, hardly bearable, I was not able to read the whole book, probably never.

Hans1906
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”