Condom used by Japanese soldiers against Comfort Women

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
User avatar
Kim Sung
Member
Posts: 5039
Joined: 28 May 2005 13:36
Location: The Last Confucian State

Post by Kim Sung » 09 Nov 2006 06:18

The form of the condom accurately matches the description of the survivors and books on the sex slaves. Even though the condom in the initial post wasn't used, it can be an evidence.

Let's imagine we've found the photos of a box laden with Zyklon gas materials that might have been used by the Germans. And the form accurately matches description of the perpetrators of massacre and the survivors. Can we say that gas box is not related with any specific crime and so it can't be any evidence?

User avatar
Penn44
Banned
Posts: 4214
Joined: 26 Jun 2003 06:25
Location: US

Post by Penn44 » 09 Nov 2006 06:28

Kim Sung wrote:The form of the condom accurately matches the description of the survivors and books on the sex slaves. Even though the condom in the initial post wasn't used, it can be an evidence.
The existence of condoms, in of itself, does not prove a crime. That many Japanese troops used condoms when visiting comfort women proves what? The image of a used condom proves nothing. That the Japanese forced women into prostitution is proved by a great volume of testimony of victims and witnesses as well as by documents, and not by one used condom alleged, but unproven to have been used in the crime. I don't imagine a court caring to know what brand of condom the Japanese troops used unless such information had some bearing on the case. This whole matter seems extraneous,

Penn44

User avatar
Kim Sung
Member
Posts: 5039
Joined: 28 May 2005 13:36
Location: The Last Confucian State

Post by Kim Sung » 09 Nov 2006 06:34

Penn44 wrote:The existence of condoms, in of itself, does not prove a crime. That many Japanese troops used condoms when visiting comfort women proves what? The image of a used condom proves nothing. That the Japanese forced women into prostitution is proved by a great volume of testimony of victims and witnesses as well as by documents, and not by one used condom alleged, but unproven to have been used in the crime. I don't imagine a court caring to know what brand of condom the Japanese troops used unless such information had some bearing on the case. This whole matter seems extraneous,

Penn44
If you believe or not, it's your prerogative.

yabint
Member
Posts: 484
Joined: 17 Mar 2004 03:15
Location: New Zealand

Post by yabint » 09 Nov 2006 06:38

Kim Sung wrote: Let's imagine we've found the photos of a box laden with Zyklon gas materials that might have been used by the Germans. And the form accurately matches description of the perpetrators of massacre and the survivors. Can we say that gas box is not related with any specific crime and so it can't be any evidence?
Sung, herein lies the problem with the image. Zyklon B gas was used for other things then extermination. Such as the de-loucing bunkers. The existance of a photo of Zyklon B canisters proves nothing in itself.

The same is true for condoms. How are we to know that these weren't given to all Japanese soldiers for use as needed (as opposed to only in the comfort houses).

User avatar
Penn44
Banned
Posts: 4214
Joined: 26 Jun 2003 06:25
Location: US

Post by Penn44 » 09 Nov 2006 06:40

I believe that the Japanese forced women into prostitution to their great deteriment based on their testimonies, the testimony of witnesses and documentary evidence.

I also believe the offering of an image of a used condom allegedly used in one of these crimes from a strange website is irrelevant and extraneous.

Penn44

.

User avatar
Penn44
Banned
Posts: 4214
Joined: 26 Jun 2003 06:25
Location: US

Post by Penn44 » 09 Nov 2006 06:45

Although a photo of a used condom proves nothing other than some Japanese leave their used condoms lying around for weird Japanese to collect, you could offer the website as evidence of the insensitivity of some Japanese towards the plight of the comfort women.

Penn44

.

User avatar
Kim Sung
Member
Posts: 5039
Joined: 28 May 2005 13:36
Location: The Last Confucian State

Post by Kim Sung » 09 Nov 2006 06:51

yabint wrote:Sung, herein lies the problem with the image. Zyklon B gas was used for other things then extermination. Such as the de-loucing bunkers. The existance of a photo of Zyklon B canisters proves nothing in itself.
Thanks for correction.
yabint wrote:The same is true for condoms. How are we to know that these weren't given to all Japanese soldiers for use as needed (as opposed to only in the comfort houses).
The mark Dotsugeki Ichiban (突撃一番) tells us that it was used mainly against comfort women.

User avatar
Kim Sung
Member
Posts: 5039
Joined: 28 May 2005 13:36
Location: The Last Confucian State

Post by Kim Sung » 09 Nov 2006 06:57

Penn44 wrote:I believe that the Japanese forced women into prostitution to their great deteriment based on their testimonies, the testimony of witnesses and documentary evidence.

I also believe the offering of an image of a used condom allegedly used in one of these crimes from a strange website is irrelevant and extraneous.

Penn44

.
The Japanese always insist that Koreans and Chinese have nothing more than just survivors' accounts. Even the current prime minister Abe Shinzo remarked "Comfort women are fabricated by Koreans and Chinese."

From the state of the preservation, the condom in the initial post is obviously the one used by the Japanese.
Last edited by Kim Sung on 09 Nov 2006 07:54, edited 2 times in total.

yabint
Member
Posts: 484
Joined: 17 Mar 2004 03:15
Location: New Zealand

Post by yabint » 09 Nov 2006 06:58

Kim Sung wrote:
yabint wrote:The same is true for condoms. How are we to know that these weren't given to all Japanese soldiers for use as needed (as opposed to only in the comfort houses).
The mark Dotsugeki Ichiban (突撃一番) tells us that it was used mainly against comfort women.
Can you please explain what you mean by "against"?

In English a condom is not used "against" a person as it is not something often used to hurt. Is the Japanese phrase on the packet offensive or degrading in some manner that is not apparent to a non-Japanese speaker?

User avatar
Kim Sung
Member
Posts: 5039
Joined: 28 May 2005 13:36
Location: The Last Confucian State

Post by Kim Sung » 09 Nov 2006 07:00

yabint wrote:Is the Japanese phrase on the packet offensive or degrading in some manner that is not apparent to a non-Japanese speaker?
Yes, the meaning of that phrase is too vulgar to interpret.

User avatar
Kim Sung
Member
Posts: 5039
Joined: 28 May 2005 13:36
Location: The Last Confucian State

Post by Kim Sung » 09 Nov 2006 07:06

Abe Shinzo always says that Chinese and Koreans have nothing more than survivors' accounts. He denies all Japanese war crimes because their is neither document nor material to prove them.

Image

Although he sees the photo of the condom in the initial post, he will say like this.

"Who can prove this thing is related to a specific war crime? A Korean or a Chinese would have fabricated this condom! Maybe the website in question is operated by a Korean or a Chinese who disguises himself as a Japanese. It's just a propaganda!"


* My boss will have a meeting with Abe in Tokyo next week.
Last edited by Kim Sung on 09 Nov 2006 09:46, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Kim Sung
Member
Posts: 5039
Joined: 28 May 2005 13:36
Location: The Last Confucian State

Post by Kim Sung » 09 Nov 2006 08:01

Penn44 wrote:I also believe the offering of an image of a used condom allegedly used in one of these crimes from a strange website is irrelevant and extraneous.
This is a complete nonsense! Although it is strange looking in that specific page, it's a very well-known Japanese military site. If the offering of an image from such a famous military site is irrelevant and extraneous, all images posted in AHF from all military sites except internationally approved (possible?) websites must be be deleted.

http://www.horae.dti.ne.jp/~fuwe1a/

history1
Member
Posts: 3879
Joined: 31 Oct 2005 09:12
Location: Austria

Post by history1 » 09 Nov 2006 08:59

Kim Sung wrote: This is a complete nonsense! (..) it's a very well-known Japanese military site(..) such a famous military site (..)

http://www.horae.dti.ne.jp/~fuwe1a/
Thanks, Kim. But in my eyes this "famous" site is a appearance of an weird guy. Or is it normal to re-enact war scene with dolls a la anime?
http://www.horae.dti.ne.jp/~fuwe1a/newpage413.html
http://www.horae.dti.ne.jp/~fuwe1a/newpage45.html

He appears to be sick.
Regards, history1

PS.: I don´t speak japanese nor chinese but maybe you can explain what is the matter of this site?

User avatar
Peter H
Member
Posts: 28628
Joined: 30 Dec 2002 13:18
Location: Australia

Post by Peter H » 09 Nov 2006 09:03

I seen no mention of various Japanese military condoms--Iron Cap (Tetsu Kaputo) for example,the brand "Attack No.1" is also mentioned here:

http://www.jpri.org/publications/critiq ... _IX_2.html

Why would one specific brand name be identified with the Comfort Women in the case of the one presented here?

User avatar
Kim Sung
Member
Posts: 5039
Joined: 28 May 2005 13:36
Location: The Last Confucian State

Post by Kim Sung » 09 Nov 2006 09:19

history1 wrote:Or is it normal to re-enact war scene with dolls a la anime?
Yes, in japan such a guy is called Otaku (おたく).

I don't think so. There are so many people (Otaku) like him in Japan.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”