"Crimes of the Wehrmacht" Exhibition

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Gwynn Compton

"Crimes of the Wehrmacht" Exhibition

Post by Gwynn Compton » 14 Apr 2002, 12:53

From CNN

"VIENNA, Austria -- Police have used a water cannon to disperse anti-Nazis marching in protest against a right-wing rally in Vienna.

Police said over 3,000 left-wing protesters marched through the main shopping district towards Heldenplatz (Heroes' Square), where around 180 far-right supporters gathered against the opening of an exhibition about Nazi war crimes.

At one point some of the 3,000-strong crowd attempted to push their way through police gates sealing off the square.

A police spokesman said a water cannon was used after bottles and stones were thrown at officers. Three officers were injured and three protesters detained.

Up to 800 officer deployed to keep the groups apart prevented the left-wingers reaching Heldenplatz and said the demonstrations had ended by 4.45pm (1445 GMT).

The exhibition documents atrocities committed by troops from the regular German army from 1941-1944.

It opened in Vienna on April 9, and is scheduled to run until May 26.

The right-wingers are protesting against a Nazis exhibition
The right-wing protesters -- who call themselves "The platform against the desecration of the memory of the dead" -- carried banners saying "Despite the lies we know the truth" and "Grandfather, we thank you."

The exhibition, which reopened in Berlin last year after a two-year pause, has been the center of right-wing demonstrations across Germany.

More than 3,000 neo-Nazis marched through central Berlin last December to protest against it, in one of that city's largest far-right marches since World War II.

The exhibition -- "Crimes of the Wehrmacht -- the dimensions of the War of Extermination 1941-1944" -- created an uproar when it first opened in 1994 because it countered a widely held belief in Germany that the army, unlike Hitler's elite SS, were either not involved in the worst Nazi atrocities or participated only under duress.

Although it attracted almost a million people during its four-year tour of German cities, it closed after historians said some photographs showed NKVD Soviet security police -- not the Wehrmacht, the Nazi-era German army."

That last paragraph of the article is interesting. I wonder how they got confused.

wildboar

yes -wehermacht atrocities is nothing but NVKD forgeries

Post by wildboar » 14 Apr 2002, 13:50

hello Gwynn Compton,

yes the so called wehermacht atrocities is nothing but a soviet era communist propoganda and should not be taken seriously.

moreover 40,000/(forty thousand ) soldiers of wehermacht were punished for causing harm to civilians on OSTFRONT just compare this with soviet red army which commited pre-planned atrocities on german civilians under command of Beria the evil chief of NVKD

wehermacht had strict rules and disipline which clearly stated that any harm caused to civilian by its member was not allowed and any member indulging in it was punished.

yes the experts are right that photos are nothing but NVKD forgery and fabrication

formerly known as HETMAN

Post by formerly known as HETMAN » 14 Apr 2002, 14:05

Wildboar,
yes the so called wehermacht atrocities is nothing but a soviet era communist propoganda and should not be taken seriously.
Either you are lying, or you're just incredibly ignorant. What happened was they initially had a few pics of NKVD atrocities and labelled them as Wehrmacht crimes. These have now been removed from the exhibition and the present show only includes a carefully chosen show and tell of Wehrmacht shenanigans in eastern Europe. So don't get so excited my little Indian chum.
Last edited by formerly known as HETMAN on 14 Apr 2002, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.

formerly known as HETMAN

Post by formerly known as HETMAN » 14 Apr 2002, 14:06

wehermacht had strict rules and disipline which clearly stated that any harm caused to civilian by its member was not allowed and any member indulging in it was punished.
I laugh in your face...ha, ha.

wildboar

just compare that with red army

Post by wildboar » 14 Apr 2002, 14:21

HETMAN,

just keep in mind that 40,000 odd heers men were punished for crimes against civilians on ostfront but by comparision how many soviet soldiers were punished for commiting crimes against german civilians ? in fact none ,no soviet war criminal was ever punished.

Infact the wehermacht officers like Field marshal Erwin von witzleben ,colonel clauss von staffenburg ,general treckow tried to stop nazi nonse but how many soviet officers dared to stop stalinist atrocities in germany?

Dan

Post by Dan » 14 Apr 2002, 16:28

David, I like you, but calling the respected member Wildboar a "little Indian" makes me want to call you a stupid Polak, which isn't in the interests of rational discussion.

The people who put together the original exhibition did in fact blame Russian war crimes on Germans. I believe the money behind the exhibition was a Jew, but regardless, the people who picked the photos were either criminally ignorant, or self-serving liars. I for one would never believe ANYTHING these swine told me.

Let's get down to specifics. Someone who's really interested can post some SPECIFIC photos, and we can discuss them.

Best to all, but with hopes of calm discussion,
Dan

formerly known as HETMAN

Post by formerly known as HETMAN » 14 Apr 2002, 16:41

Hi Dan,

Respected , huh? Some of the comments he made up there were just pure nonsenese. Wehrmacht crimes "nothing but a soviet era communist propoganda and should not be taken seriously"? Methinks not. Even if some over zealous lefty got his death scenes mixed up in some exhibition.

Then he goes on to say it was highly illegal for the Germans to commit crimes against civillians in the East. Was it really? That's why whole villages were burnt and almost our entire educated class exterminated. Has he actually bothered to read some of the other threads here?

Dan

Post by Dan » 14 Apr 2002, 17:13

HETMAN wrote: Then he goes on to say it was highly illegal for the Germans to commit crimes against civillians in the East. Was it really? That's why whole villages were burnt and almost our entire educated class exterminated. Has he actually bothered to read some of the other threads here?
I've no doubt at all that the German Heer and SS committed what I as a Christian consider murder. This has nothing to do with the matter however. In Christian ethics, the ends and the means both have to be good for the total action to be considered good. I'll give you an example. If you tell me Hitler is a "bad" man, I would agree. He was racist, had sex outside of marriage, committed execution outside of legal framework, etc.. To point out to later generations that he was wrong on these things is a good and proper motive. But if the METHOD of pointing out he did wrong involves a lie, the TOTAL act become wrong.

This includes statements like yours which insinuate the Germans were responsible for exterminating an entire educated class. In secular scholarship, the statement as it stands is irresponsibe, in theology, it is what we call "bearing false witness against your neighbor.

Regards
Dan

Hans

Post by Hans » 14 Apr 2002, 17:20

Dan wrote: The people who put together the original exhibition did in fact blame Russian war crimes on Germans. I believe the money behind the exhibition was a Jew,
Dan, nothing against you, but I believe the propelling power behind your claim is antisemitism. If even true, it says nothing whatsoever about the quality of the exhibition. Jews are anti-German, Jews have money, Jews use it to incite the masses, Jews, Jews, Jews, thinks the antisemit, huh?

This is an exhibition from the "Institut für Sozialforschung" in Hamburg and the money behind it was the German state.
but regardless, the people who picked the photos were either criminally ignorant, or self-serving liars.
Reality check, dan. not more than 1% of the photos did NOT show Wehrmacht crimes. 99% did show. The exhibition showed over 1000 photos. On this scale, mistakes are unavoidable, I guess. One particular problem was that some towns in the Soviet Union were captured by the Wehrmacht, recaptured by the Red Army and again captured by the Wehrmacht. Now, the Wehrmacht took photos of corpses which were executed by Soviets and the historians from the exhibition thought these photos show Wehrmacht crimes.

I for one would never believe ANYTHING these swine told me.
The articles on codoh.com and Irving's contain PLENTY and NUMEROUS false statement and falsifications. I've never seen a statement about codoh or Irving like this from you, dan. Could it be that you are not particular objective on German crimes?

Best to all, but with hopes of calm discussion
Well, dan, you're initial post ("criminally ignorant", "liars", "swine") is an excellent prerequisite for a calm discussion. :wink:

formerly known as HETMAN

Post by formerly known as HETMAN » 14 Apr 2002, 17:41

Dan wrote:This includes statements like yours which insinuate the Germans were responsible for exterminating an entire educated class. In secular scholarship, the statement as it stands is irresponsibe, in theology, it is what we call "bearing false witness against your neighbor.

Regards
Dan
I said the Germans were responsible for almost exterminating our entire educated class. Of course, the Soviets helped out too. What I should have said was: "the Germans, along with the Russians, almost exterminated our entire educated class". My apologies. :D

Dan

Post by Dan » 14 Apr 2002, 17:45

Fair enough. I read though, that the funding and or inspiration for this exhibit came from a Dutch Jew. If you would live in the US for just one week, you would be as sick as I am about the Israeli influence on what we read and think.

Could I have the numbers specifically? the total number of pictures and those that were fake?

Thanks and very best
Dan

Hans

Post by Hans » 14 Apr 2002, 18:12

Dan wrote:Fair enough. I read though, that the funding and or inspiration for this exhibit came from a Dutch Jew. If you would live in the US for just one week, you would be as sick as I am about the Israeli influence on what we read and think.

Could I have the numbers specifically? the total number of pictures and those that were fake?

Thanks and very best
Dan
Hi dan,

I can only recall what I read in the newspapers. The Exhibition included 1433 photos. Less than 20 photos didn't belong to an exhibition about the Wehrmacht. Some showed the Soviet secret service, some Finish and Ukraine units, some the SD.

Hans

mike262752

Post by mike262752 » 15 Apr 2002, 01:50

"Then he goes on to say it was highly illegal for the Germans to commit crimes against civillians in the East. Was it really? That's why whole villages were burnt and almost our entire educated class exterminated." -Hetman

Be honest now, the huge majority of that was by the einsatz gruppen and not the Wehrmacht.

Hans- is there a web site link you can give to any information on the exhibit?

Mark Alinsky

Post by Mark Alinsky » 15 Apr 2002, 08:53

Let's start an exhibition here in North America, called "Crimes of the United States Air Force" We can display pictures of charred bodies from Dresden, Vietnamese children with first degree napalm burns, Japanese women giving birth to stillborn infants due to radiation sickness. Now does anyone see the absurdity in this? What is the point, pray tell, of singling out a branch of a nation's armed forces for a war crimes exhibit?

Birgitte Heuschkel

Post by Birgitte Heuschkel » 15 Apr 2002, 09:03

Mark Alinsky wrote:Let's start an exhibition here in North America, called "Crimes of the United States Air Force" We can display pictures of charred bodies from Dresden, Vietnamese children with first degree napalm burns, Japanese women giving birth to stillborn infants due to radiation sickness. Now does anyone see the absurdity in this? What is the point, pray tell, of singling out a branch of a nation's armed forces for a war crimes exhibit?
The My Lai Picture Book?

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”