Is it verified that the Wehrmacht raped in russia?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Bronsky

Re: Is it verified that the Wehrmacht raped in russia?

Post by Bronsky » 03 Nov 2008, 00:25

Penn44 wrote:How did the Wehrmacht arrive at 4 million sexual intercourses between German soldiers and Soviet women?
Looking up the records for the brothels they had set up, for starters. The Ostheer was roughly 3 million strong, and was in the East for 3 years.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 03 Nov 2008, 17:55

Hi Guys,

An anecdote in the book Axis Slovakia offers an interesting statistical base for anticipated sexual contact.

In late 1941 the commander of the Rapid Division asked for winter clothing. The next supplies instead included 40,000 condoms for his 8,000 men. When it is recalled that in those days condoms were reusable, this implies a very high level of expected sexual contact.

The commander, who was a strict Roman Catholic, was furious and wrote to the Slovak ministry of defence asking: "What do you expect me to do with them? Sew them together to make the waterproof clothing my men haven't yet got?"

Cheers,

Sid.

michael mills

Post by michael mills » 06 Nov 2008, 03:59

90 children of Lidice were separated from their parents and sent to the SS paedophile brothel at Gneisenau, from which none emerged alive.
This sounds like the product of a diseased mind.

Himmler was quite prudish about any sort of sexual aberration that did not contribute to his aim of increasing the birthrate of the German people, for which purpose he demanded that all members of the Ss marry and sire at least four children.

He would never have tolerated paedophilia among his men, or allowed any sort of institution for its practice, since it diverted from the aim of procreation.

It should be noted that the brothels that Himmler allowed to be set up in concentration camps were primarily for the use of privileged prisoners. They were staffed by German sex-workers who had been sent to the concentration camps as 'anti-socials" (sex-workers in germany were classed as such). That is, the women had been sent to the camps not for the purpose of prostitution, but as a punishment for having been "anti-social" sex workers; however, once the decision to set up camp brothels had been made, those sex-workers already in the camps were recruited to staff them.

Some months ago there was a television program here in Australia about organised prostitution by the Wehrmacht; I believe it was based on the book referred to in this thread. One item in the program was about an orgy held in a town in Poland, attended by some SS officers, where the entertainment was provided by Polish sex-workers. When Himmler found out about it, he was enraged and ordered an investigation. The system of organised prostitution in Poland and other occupied lands in the East apparently resulted from that investigation. The aim was to prevent the spread of veneral disease through medical control of the women providing the sexual service. The inerviews in the program with women who had worked in those organised brothels suggested to me that they were already sex-workers or new volunteers. Where such women were persecuted, it was because they attempted to work on their own, outside the system.

michael mills

Post by michael mills » 06 Nov 2008, 04:50

I am currently reading the doctoral dissertation by Gertjejanssen, to which a link was posted by Paul Timms.

It is full of amazing insights, such as this one:
I argue that thousands of men visited military brothels to have sexual intercourse was in
part because of their sexual desires
Wow! And I always thought it was for the purpose of having a meaningful conversation about Nietzschean philosophy.

Karl

Post by Karl » 06 Nov 2008, 15:31

It seems, from what can be gleaned from todays ultra-liberal media (examples not necessary-they are so numerous) they all just went there to prove they were not homosexual. :)

(come on ye lap-dogs - eat it up, eat it up, eat it up) :P

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 06 Nov 2008, 16:19

Let's get back on topic -- rapes by soldiers of the Wehrmacht.

Sergey
Banned

Post by Sergey » 06 Nov 2008, 22:02

http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/imt/tgmwc/tg ... 9-14.shtml

There are descriptions of some individual cases here with names, places, dates.

mellenthin
Banned

Post by mellenthin » 15 Nov 2008, 08:26

THE Wehrmacht does not rape,individual soldiers do.Baseless generalisations should be avoided.

Paul Timms

Post by Paul Timms » 15 Nov 2008, 10:32

Nice one Mr Mills in 400 + pages that's all you can find !

It certainly seems that a major driver for brothels was that the powers that be seemed to think that the lack of women and the close proximity of men would cause soldiers to "catch" homsexuality. They also thought it could be cured !

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 15 Nov 2008, 19:08

A pointless post from wojtop79 was removed.

/Marcus

Attrition

Post by Attrition » 15 Nov 2008, 19:12

Paul Timms wrote:Nice one Mr Mills in 400 + pages that's all you can find !

It certainly seems that a major driver for brothels was that the powers that be seemed to think that the lack of women and the close proximity of men would cause soldiers to "catch" homsexuality. They also thought it could be cured !
Unless recruitment for brothel workers was by choice the workers in them were raped by definition.

FireFoxy
Banned

Post by FireFoxy » 25 Nov 2008, 01:43

andrek wrote:The german journalist and tv host Dieter Kronzucker (a person of very high standing in german media circles) http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieter_Kronzucker said in a documantation film about Hitlers last days in Berlin on german n24 channel
... while the Wehrmacht moved raping and murdering through russia ...
I now that the Wehrmacht had bordellos in larger cities, but not even the german Wehrmacht Ausstellung http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wehrmachtsausstellung mentioned bordellos or raping and i know they would if they could.

Is it definitively verified that the Wehrmacht raped in russia and was it legal for a Wehrmacht soldier to rape a russian female if he got the chance to do that?
Hi Sir, In peace time it's against the Rules to rape,but during ww2 there were no such laws such as Rape at all, why should there be Rules for rape when millions of people were getting murered.Rape was nothing during ww2.it occured on a daily basic and it was basic classed as nothing.
I know this sounds harsh, but it's true and i also don't believe inrape. :|
I know this sounds harsh but it's true,and i do'nt think women to
V = VICTORY

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 25 Nov 2008, 03:02

FireFoxy -- We're not really interested in opinion posts in the research sections of the forum.
3. Opinions

Since the purpose of this section of the forum is to exchange information and hold informed discussions about historical problems, posts which express unsolicited opinions without supporting facts and sources do not promote the purposes of the forum. Consequently, such posts are subject to deletion after a warning to the poster.

The same reasoning applies to opinion threads.
H&WC Section Rules
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=53962

FireFoxy
Banned

Post by FireFoxy » 25 Nov 2008, 04:16

David Thompson wrote:FireFoxy -- We're not really interested in opinion posts in the research sections of the forum.
3. Opinions

Since the purpose of this section of the forum is to exchange information and hold informed discussions about historical problems, posts which express unsolicited opinions without supporting facts and sources do not promote the purposes of the forum. Consequently, such posts are subject to deletion after a warning to the poster.

The same reasoning applies to opinion threads.
H&WC Section Rules
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=53962
Sir it is true, and sir, i never said it was my opinion, i knew i was right so i type it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/types_of_rape

Under WAR RAPE. Go to the last paragraph. Happy Reading. Cheers!
V = VICTORY

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 25 Nov 2008, 06:31

FireFoxy -- You wrote:
Hi Sir, In peace time it's against the Rules to rape,but during ww2 there were no such laws such as Rape at all, why should there be Rules for rape when millions of people were getting murered.Rape was nothing during ww2.it occured on a daily basic and it was basic classed as nothing.
I know this sounds harsh, but it's true and i also don't believe inrape.
I know this sounds harsh but it's true,and i do'nt think women to
I replied:
We're not really interested in opinion posts in the research sections of the forum.
You responded:
Sir it is true, and sir, i never said it was my opinion, i knew i was right so i type it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/types_of_rape

Under WAR RAPE. Go to the last paragraph. Happy Reading. Cheers!
The last paragraph of the wikipedia article reads:
In 1998, the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda established by the United Nations made landmark decisions that rape is a crime of genocide under international law. In one judgement Navanethem Pillay said: "From time immemorial, rape has been regarded as spoils of war. Now it will be considered a war crime. We want to send out a strong message that rape is no longer a trophy of war."[27] An estimated 500,000 women were raped during the 1994 Rwandan Genocide.[28]
The article doesn't say
. . . during ww2 there were no such laws such as Rape at all, why should there be Rules for rape when millions of people were getting murered.Rape was nothing during ww2.it occured on a daily basic and it was basic classed as nothing.
That is your opinion, not a fact. Furthermore your opinion is an ignorant mistake, which needs correction now that you have repeated it. We're not discussing Rwanda, the Hutus and the Tutsis in this thread, or rape as genocide. We're talking about Europe, and the laws in effect in 1939-1945.

The armies of all civilized nations have made rape an offense against their codes of military justice since at least the 18th century, and soldiers convicted of rape were commonly hanged or shot by their own armed forces through WWII and afterwards. Furthermore, postwar allied tribunals recognized rape as a crime against humanity, as well as a violation of the criminal laws of the country in which the rape occurred. See Control Council Law No. 10, Article II, Sec. 1(c):
1. Each of the following acts is recognized as a crime:
(c) Crimes against Humanity. Atrocities and offenses, including but not limited to murder, extermination, enslavement, deportation, imprisonment, torture, rape, or other inhumane acts committed against any civilian population, or persecutions on political, racial or religious grounds whether or not in violation of the domestic laws of the country where perpetrated.

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/imt/imt10.asp

For rape being punishable as a capital offense in the US Army seventy-five years before WWII started, see Art. 44, General Orders No. 100 (1863):
Art. 44.
All wanton violence committed against persons in the invaded country, all destruction of property not commanded by the authorized officer, all robbery, all pillage or sacking, even after taking a place by main force, all rape, wounding, maiming, or killing of such inhabitants, are prohibited under the penalty of death, or such other severe punishment as may seem adequate for the gravity of the offense.

A soldier, officer or private, in the act of committing such violence, and disobeying a superior ordering him to abstain from it, may be lawfully killed on the spot by such superior.
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/lieber.asp#sec2

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”