'Homeland' for Germans expelled from modern Poland?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Xavier

Re: 'Homeland' for Germans expelled from modern Poland?

Post by Xavier » 07 Jul 2009, 02:37

let me put my grain of salt
if the matter is being decided in Polish courts in a case-by case basis, let them roll, I am sure the Polishh courts are more qualified than us to decide this

there must be a thousand different ways that this happened, and I am sure that for every judgment decided against a polish family, there must be at least a dozen in which the courts failed against the former (german) owner
in the end it must be provenance, documents documents and documents(records) that decide the matter, as in any other court of law around the world
best regards
Xavier
Der Autodidakt

Piotr Kapuscinski
Host - Allied sections

Post by Piotr Kapuscinski » 07 Jul 2009, 03:48

More post-Polish monuments from Belarus:

Palace in Swiecko (post 3305):

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... 9&page=166

Church in Sobotka (posts 3196+):

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... 9&page=160

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 07 Jul 2009, 07:45

t least there is no any organization like the one created by Erika Steinbach, which is encouraging Germans to sue for land in Poland.
Another piece of polish right wing AgitProp....Erika Steinbach has and had nothing to to with that private association organizing those cout case :wink:

By the way, what is so dramatic for those polish rightist that people are fighting for their rights, as much as the polish gouverments of the last 20 years did nothing to bring this to a 'normal european solution' ?

Jan-Hendrik

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 07 Jul 2009, 07:56

Let's avoid personal remarks, thanks.

/Marcus

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 07 Jul 2009, 07:59

Two posts were split off into a new thread entitled Poles expelled from Belarus and Ukraine are suing for land.

/Marcus

Piotr Kapuscinski
Host - Allied sections

Post by Piotr Kapuscinski » 07 Jul 2009, 19:08

Erika Steinbach has and had nothing to to with that private association organizing those cout case
So you try to claim that "Preußische Treuhand" and G. Parplies have nothing to do with Erika? Wishful thinking. :D

Btw - "Preußische Treuhand" is fighting for lands in Poland, but surprisingly not for lands near former Konigsberg.

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 07 Jul 2009, 19:36

No, I just know that Preußische Treuhand is private company, what is not so hard to find out...and that the connection you try to establish is the same BS the polish right wings try to spill on her :wink:

BdV is a huge organization representing the german refugees from East Europa, PT is a private company run by some people...

I don't know which problems Poles can have that people may belong to a public association and running an own company :roll:

Jan-Hendrik

ToKu
Location: Olsztyn, former Allenstein,Warmia (Ermland), Poland

Post by ToKu » 07 Jul 2009, 19:54

We, Poles, had lots of problems with German private associations in the past. Some of these problems resulted just in derogation of mutual relationships, some in war and genocide on enormous scale...

That seem a good reason to be little overcusitive for me. Especially if these associations space of intrest are eastern borderlands and neighbours.

Historia est magistra vitae...

Best Regards.

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 07 Jul 2009, 20:14

Well, but in this case it is a case for polish law and courts, not for politics :wink:

I cannot remember any similar bohei in german media when a polish association brought soemthing to court in germany :wink:

Jan-Hendrik

ToKu
Location: Olsztyn, former Allenstein,Warmia (Ermland), Poland

Post by ToKu » 07 Jul 2009, 20:31

Can You remember Poles and Poland threatening (for real) existance of German state and people?

Here may lay the answer why our optics are "slightly" :wink: different in this case.

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 07 Jul 2009, 20:46

Who does so for the pOles and Poland...apart from this fictional threat likely produced by your politicians and their fellow media people...often enough just to distract the daily press from their own everyday failures? :wink:

If you don't allow them to 'push' your feelings so often you might get a more objective point of view on this topic...it is in reality more a storm in a glas of Water, in my personal opinion, by my personal experiences here and there :idea:

Jan-Hendrik

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 07 Jul 2009, 22:17

Jan-Hendrik -- Please avoid personal remarks in posts. You are intelligent enough to make your points without them.

Piotr Kapuscinski
Host - Allied sections

Post by Piotr Kapuscinski » 07 Jul 2009, 23:29

Jan-Hendrik - I agree with you, this is a storm in a glas of water. Many German politicians are sitting inside this glas of water and are causing this storm - they don't understand yet, that this is a glas of sick imagination and hopeless hopes, and that it won't break and they won't manage to spread the storm outside the glas, no matter what they do.
apart from this fictional threat likely produced by your politicians
Some (you know which ones) Polish politicians are preying on blunders made by your politicians to get more votes.

If not blunders made by your politicians (see the first post in this thread by Sergey), "Kaczkis" would have had 3% of all votes during the last elections - not 30%. Your politicians are producing fictional ideas of their "alternative justice".

On the other hand - some of your politicians are preying on blunders made by Erika Steinbach to get more votes.

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 08 Jul 2009, 06:29

That shows again how mislead the picture from polish side looks :wink:

Not more more than a hanfdull german politicians is involved in this topic or is telling more then the usual blabla...the point is, that most of this stuff is reported in much exageratted way by magazines like "fakt"...for sure: 90% of modern germans are interested next to none on Polend, territories Poland annexed after WW2 or polish politics :wink: Most are simply annoyed about the way some politicians behave, mostly the Kaczkies.

The coverage this topic gets in german media is not even 10% as huge as it is presented in your country...that should make clear where the 'storm' is rushing :wink:

Jan-Hendrik
Last edited by Jan-Hendrik on 08 Jul 2009, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.

wm

Post by wm » 08 Jul 2009, 12:20

Jan-Hendrik wrote: much exageratted way by magazines like "fakt"
owned by Axel Springer Aktiengesellschaft, Those sneaky Germans are everywhere! :lol: :lol: :lol:

but I'm pretty sure you know it's all about getting more eyeballs not the facts :)

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”