Question

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Roberto

Post by Roberto » 23 May 2002, 13:08

And that is not SCIENCE, which is a collection of contingent theories based on the facts as they are presently known. I can't think of any religion that uses a "Maybe" cosmology. They are usually quite explicit as to what their doctrines are and what they say the universe is.
Here’s a good example of such explicitness:
I understand perfectly well that the Hitlerian regime was antisemitic and persecuted Jews and others. I understand many peoples, European Jews among them, experienced unfathomable tragedies in Europe during World War II.

Nevertheless, I no longer believe the German State pursued a plan to kill all Jews or used homicidal "gassing chambers" for mass murder.

The reasons I no longer believe either story are that no physical remains of authentic homicidal gassing chambers exist today, and there are no war-time generated documents which prove they ever did. I believe the gas chamber story to be a grotesque hoax.

For half a century the gas chambers have been at the heart of the holocaust story. In the literature, the two have been absolutely inseparable. It's tempting to say: "No gas chambers, no Holocaust." I have said it myself. But too often it can be--has been--misleading, particularly to those who are just becoming acquainted with revisionist theory. It's misleading because it suggests that, if there were no gas chambers--and there were not--the Jews of Europe did not suffer a tragedy at the hands of the Hitlerian regime. They did.

While it is true that the Germans were criminally responsible for the death of a large number of their slave labor prisoners, much eyewitness testimony about German atrocities against Jews and others is demonstrably false. It's wrong to bear false witness against others--most of us were taught to understand this when we were children. False testimony against anyone, including Germans, together with those who promote it, should be exposed to the light of public scrutiny.

The attempt to identify every call for open discussion about the gas chamber controversy with anti-Jewish sentiment is juvenile. Those who protest that it is more important to be sensitive to "survivors" than truthful about the historical record represent a world view that has no place in Western culture.
From the Statement of Purpose of the

Committee for Open Debate of the Holocaust (CODOH)

http://www.codoh.com/purpose.html

Uncle Brad must have been aware that he must be conveying the impression of preaching articles of faith, so he hastened to add the following, somewhat less than honest passages:
I'm willing to be convinced I'm wrong about any or all of this. I'm willing to be convinced it is hateful to weigh the evidence for and against gas chambers. I'm willing to consider the possibility that the press and our intellectual elites are justified in their efforts to suppress open discussion about the gas chambers. I'm even willing to discuss the idea that intellectual freedom corrupts public discourse when it involves the gas chamber controversy.
Considering how little Codoh and other “Revisionist” organizations have shown themselves willing to “weigh the evidence” (or even look at it as it is rather than distorting or misrepresenting it or dismissing it on account of rather nonsensical considerations), that last statement must be considered the ultimate in hypocrisy.

Far more honest than Uncle Brad in this respect is the gentleman who produced the following illustrative statement:
Keep the Faith fellow revisionists. The Nazis and the SS were the good guys--but the anti-Nazis and the anti-revisionists dare not admit it for fear of losing their fabulous, ill gotten gains from the war.
“Hoaxbuster” Friedrich Paul Berg on the Codoh discussion forum.
http://www.codoh.org/dcforum/DCForumID9/143.html#10

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”